follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-29-2018, 12:39 AM   #15
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,472 Times in 3,208 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
I'm betting it disappears by the time you get to the dealer, as things like this usually do. I had a nice creak in my steering when parking for 2 weeks. Took it to a Subaru shop around here and it disappeared and never returned. Maybe just getting it on the lift fixed it.
"It disappeared and never returned."

Assuming it's similar to the issue I had, I'm sure they checked things for looseness and re-tightened them to spec.

So sure it disappeared but maybe bringing to the shop fixed it because they checked everything with normal procedure? Rather than bringing it to the shop and leaving and suddenly it's gone?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:17 AM   #16
Decep

Drives: 2013 FR-S Series 10
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
"It disappeared and never returned."

Assuming it's similar to the issue I had, I'm sure they checked things for looseness and re-tightened them to spec.

So sure it disappeared but maybe bringing to the shop fixed it because they checked everything with normal procedure? Rather than bringing it to the shop and leaving and suddenly it's gone?
Yeah but most shops with tell you they find something wrong, rather than shrug and say "EH, everything's fine, ma crazy dude"
Decep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:37 AM   #17
Brz_racer

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I bet it disappears too. while my '13 never exhibited such a sound within 60 k miles, the steering clunk sound i started noticing in my '16 a few weeks ago has now disappeared.. though now that i think about it, i do have lowering springs whereas i kept the stock ride height on the first frs..not sure if it could be related to that
This car is completely stock right now, this isn't a normal sound. I had a 2014 for 4 years and it was silent the whole time ..something is jiggling that isn't supposed to be jiggling.
Brz_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:06 AM   #18
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brz_racer View Post
This car is completely stock right now, this isn't a normal sound. I had a 2014 for 4 years and it was silent the whole time ..something is jiggling that isn't supposed to be jiggling.

perhaps, but hey my '16 exhibited the sound after 2.5 years and it went away. i just store it under the many noises this car makes that doesn't have any effect on performance. i figure if something is actually loose or mechanically wrong then steering would feel off but this was never the case with my noise and it doesn't sound like you're having any performance issues either.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #19
Imprezzave

Drives: BRZ TS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Imprezzave
I think I have this sound too, happens when I'm coming out of a drive way at a downward angle and my wheels are turned to the right. As soon as I get onto the street and my wheels straighten out, I hear a pop or a clunk.
Imprezzave is offline   Reply With Quote