follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #1
mikeh6

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ E85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Zeitronix ethanol content reader issue

So yesterday i filled up with my usual E60 ratio and was confused as my ethanol reader leveled at E46 where im always low 50s-57 on that ratio so today with about .65 of my tank full threw in 3.8 gallons of e85 to try to get it back to e60. It's leveled out at e50 now which makes absolutely no sense.
So my questions are:
Could this be an Ecu issue? Just a reader issue? or bad e85?
Also just want to make sure that my EcuTek tune is compensating for the fuel ratio despite what the reader is telling me.
mikeh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
WOT is your ecu reporting any knock correction?

Ive had gas stations e85 pump give me e60 and the station right by my house always gives me e74-e75.

Although I just run flex fuel strait no mixing math for me. My tuner did set it to adjust every 1% from 10% to 65%. Ask your tuner how he setup your tune.

That station may just have a winter blend of flex fuel and everything is normal.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
mikeh6

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ E85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
WOT is your ecu reporting any knock correction?
Engine is running smooth as ever not hearing any knock...ill look into checking the tune for any codes. And on top of that i have no idea where this car was tuned as i bought it with the tune and flex fuel kit.

You might be right about the low ethanol e85 though, the price just went down slightly after its been the same for at least a month and the first time i filled at the lower price this came up. thanks for the reply
mikeh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Don't trust that you'll get consistent ethanol percentages tank to tank, even from the same station.

If you want to verify the reading on the sensor, siphon some gas out of the tank and manually measure the ethanol content.

http://www.waldeneffect.org/blog/How...t_of_gasoline/

Tags
e85, ethanol, flex fuel, tune, zeitronix