follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2016, 11:13 AM   #197
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianSaldana View Post
more than you can afford pal,
Smoke him.
FX86 (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #198
FRusS

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a little kid in the back seat of an SUV looks out the window and goes cooool look at that little car!!!!!

cop gave me a ticket and he wrote Toyota ?

another one gave me a ticket hat said Mustang and when I paid online it said ford
FRusS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #199
Romanov
Just another BRZ owner

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRusS View Post
cop gave me a ticket and he wrote Toyota ?

another one gave me a ticket hat said Mustang and when I paid online it said ford
stop getting tickets, you're making fr-s insurance rates go up.

Follow my Instagram @sal_brz
Romanov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Romanov For This Useful Post:
FX86 (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #200
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT - In Heaven Now
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
Oh God she is beautiful. I understand where you are coming from. I cut my riding down so much after my son was born. Is that a V-Rod?
Thanks @Pyrium! That really means a lot to me. There's a lot of me and my ideas in that bike. I was very proud. I wish I had some "finished" pictures of her, but I might dig up a couple more. Yes, she is/(started?) as a V-Rod.

I swore to my fiancee that I wouldn't need to spend any money on that bike, since it was perfect. Um, I guess I lied (which she ended up being fine with). I spent more on fabrication, customization, etc. on that bike than I did on the bike itself! I'd come up with a design of a part, and I knew people in that community that had the machinery to get it done at cost (or close). And I'd always been scared of doing my own work on vehicles, not trusting myself (still), but between the shop manuals, a motorcycle lift from my very nice fiancee at the time, and the help of the forum, I learned a ton and I did almost all of it by myself (except the gear change, tire change), probably a couple things I'm forgetting.

There are *very* few things that calm my mind, truly calm it, and that bike was one of them. I miss it every*single*day. Well, you know, it's Oregon, so when it's 32.011 degrees and pouring rain with a 35 minute commute, may not miss is as bad. I'll try to find a few more updated pictures, but being completely disorganized and an amateur photographer (now), I have upwards of 50K pictures with no great sorting system except date!

The day I picked it up:
Attached Images

FNCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #201
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
That was yours?????? Sweet! What was the prototype exhaust?
Thanks @Tcoat! That does mean a lot coming from you. Very insecure of my designs or abilities...I assume it doesn't hurt to say now, I think the NDA was up a few years ago. Let me rephrase, the NDA WAS up a few years ago, and I'm sticking to that.

The exhaust was one of 5 that Bub 7 (I don't know how known they are outside of motorcycle circles, and then probably not even sport bike circles) sent me to test out, try out, see what I thought and my group thought of each of them. Then, give detailed feedback on all of them, good, bad, desires, things to get rid of. So, first batch we absolutely had to make them easier to install. It was ridiculous. Tone and power were off on a couple (although I could have dyno'd it to make it better), but we were looking for off the shelf. Adjusted the muffling (stuff) for noise, and the fifth version and it was just about perfect. I sent them all back so they could analyze the results, and to my great surprise they let me have the 5th one back (with a couple tweaks I requested) at no charge. I was just happy to help in the R&D project, they made no mention of getting to keep it at the end, although they may have said something about a discount.

Then, to make it match up with my bike, I ceramic coated the exhaust (to cool it down HA! I still have scars on my legs from that exhaust), and then didn't want it all black, so I had my ceramic coater put a chrome end ring to make it stand out and pop.

Of course, of all the install and reinstall I did, the only time I chipped it was the reinstall the last time of what was then mine. Ticked me off. I dyno'd it, and it made some decent power gains, (can't remember what though), enough that I didn't need a dyno, I could tell by the seat of my pants very well. Unfortunately, the one thing I didn't like, and I think it's a Harley thing. I'm not a Harley fan or or a Harley hater. Personally, overall I appreciate them, they're just not my thing. I wouldn't buy any other Harley except a V-Rod (even though it is (gasp) water cooled). Anyway, Harley exhaust is frickin' loud! I think mine went up to 122DB (I think), but I never, ever road without helmet and the absolute best earplugs as I could possibly find. Still, gave me a headache sometimes.

I couldn't beat the higher end sport bikes, even in a straight line. And with an intermediate rider, couldn't beat one in the corners, but it was really fun when a newer guy on a sport bike wanted to race me at a light if I was in the right mood. Most of the time I ignored them, but sometimes when I was feeling down on myself, and wanted to show someone that a fat guy on a looooong Harley could flat out move, I'd race to the speed limit and wait for him to catch up. Corners...nother story. Too low to take them too aggressively. Especially after my custom made rear suspension and upgraded front suspsension, both of which lowered the already lowest V-Rod even lower. Smart, I know, but the rear suspension was made exactly to my spec, weight, riding terrain, style, everything, with 30 second adjustments on the fly easy.

I'll try to find a couple more pictures if I can further down the build. Thanks for showing an interest. It's by far the most, and probably only, mechanically inclined thing that I've ever done that I was proud of.

***Edit*** Sorry, wrong thread for any of this. I apologize. I made a new thread in off-topic http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109231 if there's any other pictures I can find or info on my V-Rod if anyone wants to know. Sorry! ****

Last edited by FNCrazy; 08-04-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Thread problems again
Old 08-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #202
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNCrazy View Post
Thanks @Tcoat! That does mean a lot coming from you. Very insecure of my designs or abilities...I assume it doesn't hurt to say now, I think the NDA was up a few years ago. Let me rephrase, the NDA WAS up a few years ago, and I'm sticking to that.

The exhaust was one of 5 that Bub 7 (I don't know how known they are outside of motorcycle circles, and then probably not even sport bike circles) sent me to test out, try out, see what I thought and my group thought of each of them. Then, give detailed feedback on all of them, good, bad, desires, things to get rid of. So, first batch we absolutely had to make them easier to install. It was ridiculous. Tone and power were off on a couple (although I could have dyno'd it to make it better), but we were looking for off the shelf. Adjusted the muffling (stuff) for noise, and the fifth version and it was just about perfect. I sent them all back so they could analyze the results, and to my great surprise they let me have the 5th one back (with a couple tweaks I requested) at no charge. I was just happy to help in the R&D project, they made no mention of getting to keep it at the end, although they may have said something about a discount.

Then, to make it match up with my bike, I ceramic coated the exhaust (to cool it down HA! I still have scars on my legs from that exhaust), and then didn't want it all black, so I had my ceramic coater put a chrome end ring to make it stand pop.

Of course, of all the install and reinstall I did, the only time I chipped it was the reinstall the last time of what was then mine. Ticked me off. I dyno'd it, and it made some decent power gains, (can't remember what though), enough that I didn't need a dyno, I could tell by the seat of my pants very well. Unfortunately, the one thing I didn't like, and I think it's a Harley thing. I'm not a Harley fan or or a Harley hater. Personally, overall I appreciate them, they're just not my thing. I wouldn't buy any other Harley except a V-Rod (even though it is (gasp) water cooled). Anyway, Harley exhaust is frickin' loud! I think mine went up to 122DB (I think), but I never, ever road without helmet and the absolute best earplugs as I could possibly find. Still, gave me a headache sometimes.

I couldn't beat the higher end sport bikes, even in a straight line. And with an intermediate rider, couldn't beat one in the corners, but it was really fun when a newer guy on a sport bike wanted to race me at a light if I was in the right mood. Most of the time I ignored them, but sometimes when I was feeling down on myself, and wanted to show someone that a fat guy on a looooong Harley could flat out move, I'd race to the speed limit and wait for him to catch up. Corners...nother story. Too low to take them too aggressively. Especially after my custom made rear suspension and upgraded front suspsension, both of which lowered the already lowest V-Rod even lower. Smart, I know, but the rear suspension was made exactly to my spec, weight, riding terrain, style, everything, with 30 second adjustments on the fly easy.

I'll try to find a couple more pictures if I can further down the build. Thanks for showing an interest. It's by far the most, and probably only, mechanically inclined thing that I've ever done that I was proud of.

***Edit*** Sorry, wrong thread for any of this. I apologize. I made a new thread in off-topic http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109231 if there's any other pictures I can find or info on my V-Rod if anyone wants to know. Sorry! ****
I would be very interested is seeing some more pics. What year was the bike? When did you get rid of it?
Old 08-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #203
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I would be very interested is seeing some more pics. What year was the bike? When did you get rid of it?
I've got hundreds, if not thousands of pics. Amateur photographer, but absolutely horrible organizer. It was a 2007 V-Rod VRSCDX 1130cc (to start). Bought it in February of 2007, snowmobile crash two weeks later, so allegedly I didn't ride it because of various significant broken bones for 3 months (although some have said they saw it cruising at night with a rider with casts on much quicker than that).

I sold it in 2010, and although I had to, it was one of the decisions I wish I could have found an alternate solution back then, but there was none. That was the only spark of artistic nature I had! And it helped tremendously with some of my "stuff," although the FR-S, if I ever get to drive it again, helps some.

I did post up another thread in the off topic tCoat so I wouldn't monopolize this thread.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109231

Last edited by FNCrazy; 08-04-2016 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 08-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #204
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
stop getting tickets, you're making fr-s insurance rates go up.

No, he's making insurance rates for Toyotas and Fords go up.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #205
86TX

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My neighbor: "Your car has a small ass"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86TX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86TX For This Useful Post:
mdm (08-09-2016), Tcoat (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #206
jarnojvv

Drives: 86|Fortuner|FJ|Mustang|SwiftSport
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Posted this in another thread previously, but still funny.

Fuel pump attendant: "Mister, your Mazda looks like a Porsche"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dadhawk (08-09-2016), mdm (08-09-2016), pushrod (08-09-2016), Tcoat (08-09-2016)