follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Draco233

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation New Subaru BRZ Ordering and Allocation Info from Subarunet posted on FB

Interesting information posted on facebook from subarunet.

Just posted to Subarunet:

We would like to remind Subaru dealers that SOA will be opening the Sold Order system Thursday, March 1 at 9:00 EST to accept BRZ orders.

It is important dealers fully understand the order filling process as you submit your sold orders. In summary, allocations for the 7 months May-November have been developed for each dealer. Fulfillment of a dealer’s allocation quantity will be spread basically pro-rata over the 7-month period and will not accelerate based on the number of sold orders submitted nor will it be reduced based on the number of sold orders other dealers submit.

The most important factor is for individual dealers to ensure their sold orders are submitted in the order with which they want them filled. SOA will look to fill the oldest sold order within a dealer’s allocation from the pool of cars available irrespective of when that order came in versus any other dealer’s order.

Regional Distribution Managers have communicated in detail the BRZ allocation program to the Zones and can help clarify with any questions you may still have regarding this process.

This might make things complicated for small dealerships or though with lots of people wanting to order.
Draco233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This seems to be in line with what I've been hearing lately. Bigger dealerships with more WRX/STI sales will get more BRZs. But it looks like SoA has prioritized some dealers over others in terms of when the orders will be filled.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I wonder if this limited production is just for the first year or will continue throughout production of the BRZ? Many of us on here thought there was no way Subaru would limit production with small margins for profit. Looks like they have had this planned for some time.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
powertrip

Drives: Mercedes C320, S2000
To the above, they will surely adjust production accordingly in the future based on sales. This is pretty standard practice for a hot new model. Take it as they have limited production in first year and they will be keeping low supplies. In future there will surely be better availability. This will likely lead to markups in first year as well as low availability. If you dont already have a deposit its unlikely anyone could get one (without traveling/shopping in a large radius) any sooner than several months after launch. Personally doesnt matter much in the long run, it never pays to be the first to own a new model.
powertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Dang, I really need to get a deposit down...
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
Draco233

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
Only thing I am worried about in my case is I am working with a small dealership that is alloted 4 cars in that time. There is another person besides myself that is ordering on the 1st. With this guessing game as to when these vehicles will come in. I would guess to say that once ordering opens up the dealers will have at least a better idea as to when these ordered vehicles will be in. Herein is where my problem lies. I have a small window of opportunity to be able to pickup the vehicle. I have no problem with ordering it, just have a month window to be able to pickup the vehicle once it comes in. It has been hard enough trying to get all this sorted out while on deployment in afghanistan let alone hoping that now the car will be ready for pickup when I have my window to be able to get it. Granted I could wait and get it at my next duty station but I would much prefer to support my local business with the sale.
Draco233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
powertrip

Drives: Mercedes C320, S2000
Ya totally up to you on that. From my experience (was a launch owner of the 350z in 03, and shopped Evo VIII when it came out later bought one mid cycle) the first year of a model you really shouldnt count on anything rational either in pricing or supply side. It's unfortunate but just how it works out. My plan is to at least test drive both as I would never buy something sight unseen so until the dealers can show me one and sell me on it I refuse to play their game. Likely this wont be an option until fall/winter 2012 so I'll just be on the sidelines.
powertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
Grimlock

Drives: BRZ and NA
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
Ya totally up to you on that. From my experience (was a launch owner of the 350z in 03, and shopped Evo VIII when it came out later bought one mid cycle) the first year of a model you really shouldnt count on anything rational either in pricing or supply side. It's unfortunate but just how it works out. My plan is to at least test drive both as I would never buy something sight unseen so until the dealers can show me one and sell me on it I refuse to play their game. Likely this wont be an option until fall/winter 2012 so I'll just be on the sidelines.
I know what you are saying, but at least in my area, a lot of it doesn't apply. For instance, all the dealers I spoke with are offering the car at MSRP or under already. That's not too bad. Also, the deposits to order a car are refundable, so it's not like you're buying a car sight- (and price-) unseen. You can always back out if you don't like the car, or the price, or for whatever reason.

If dealers are only getting 4-10 for the rest of the year, it might be hard to even get a test drive in one, because they may all have deposits on them before they even get to the dealer.

I've been looking to get a new car this Spring for a while, and the BRZ fits well within that timeframe (hopefully), so I have a deposit down on a car and I'm first in line. I get to pick the options I want, and I get the option of walking aways, and all it's costing me is a refundable deposit.

That being said, I know my situation doesn't apply to everyone, and I don't know you or your situation. Good luck with the car!
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
This lines up with what we have been hearing. Guess that if you are not on a list and want one now, you better find a dealer with little preorders in place. Also of note, looks like they plan to have the portal open up without pricing, which really makes it hard for those on the fence as to which trim level to get based on pricing.

Going to be interesting.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
illmatic

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT, 02 AW, 03PSM WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That is the same thing desi @ Irvine Subaru told me.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
This lines up with what we have been hearing. Guess that if you are not on a list and want one now, you better find a dealer with little preorders in place. Also of note, looks like they plan to have the portal open up without pricing, which really makes it hard for those on the fence as to which trim level to get based on pricing.

Going to be interesting.
This is one of the reasons I've decided on Premium. Subaru could have made a little more money off me if they had released pricing before this Thursday, but oh well.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
This is one of the reasons I've decided on Premium. Subaru could have made a little more money off me if they had released pricing before this Thursday, but oh well.
I agree, it puts people in a tough spot and all they had to do was let people know the pricing. They can still keep the "rare" mentality, but at least let people know what they are signing up for.

I'm afraid we might be in for a shock when the prices are released.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
tranzformer

Quote:

Going to be interesting.

Yeah strange about the pricing not being released for March 1st. But my source told me that. I know Dave was sure it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post

Agreed.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
tranzformer

Quote:
I agree, it puts people in a tough spot and all they had to do was let people know the pricing. They can still keep the "rare" mentality, but at least let people know what they are signing up for.

I'm afraid we might be in for a shock when the prices are released.
If pricing is too high, I think the majority on here will lose interest no matter how cool the car is. But the car is meant to be cheap.