follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #85
VeilSide

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
@VeilSide can you post a picture of the repair done by your shop?

Thanks!
I was going to make a picture for you, but now noticed that there is already a new crack forming that now gets bigger every day. So I suppose it does not make sense to promote this way of repair ...

As you said, Dezod is willing to help now, so I will get in contact with them again and hope I will also receive an updated piece. Thank you for that.
VeilSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #86
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeilSide View Post
I was going to make a picture for you, but now noticed that there is already a new crack forming that now gets bigger every day. So I suppose it does not make sense to promote this way of repair ...

As you said, Dezod is willing to help now, so I will get in contact with them again and hope I will also receive an updated piece. Thank you for that.
You got it man, make sure to get the gusset from @DezodDevelopment, and have a local shop weld it in proper.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #87
Stealth15

Drives: 2016 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thought I should post my experience because it was significantly different than how this thread reads.... I can't speak for how other people were treated so this is my personal experience. Take it FWIW

As most of you know, a few of the V1 Dezod catbacks have had issues cracking at the Y that feeds into the two mufflers. (Or le gooch as I like to call it)

After discovering mine cracked,I shot Chris a message on FB. He quickly responded with his cell and we worked out a day to talk. He was very friendly and honest about the situation and we probably talked for a solid hour, even just about cars :P

I think a lot of the issues people had stem out of miscommunication online, because if you actually call and talk to him he's a very nice guy and really wants to stand behind his work. He has a very blunt personality, which I appreciate myself, but if you are talking to him online it would be very easy to misinterpret blunt as rude or uninterested. Then people escalate and then it gets out of hand. Needless to say, if you have an issue, message him and ask for a time to talk over the phone. He's really a great guy.

For the record, Chris stopped producing the V1 catback as soon as he found out it was cracking. So people that were wanting a new exhaust, he didn't have any to give as he stopped production and went straight into redesigning the v2. Plus it's a simple fix for the V1. Just weld up the crack, weld on the gusset, and done. Yeah it sucks it cracked but stuff breaks.

Chris offered me two options, he would cover shipping to his shop and back to me and would fix it for free and add the gusset that strengthens that area. Or he would mail me a gusset and cover costs to get it welded locally. Both super reasonable. Can't ask for more.

Being a daily I didn't want to roll straight pipe and play the song of my people everyday so I opted to get it fixed locally. (I will say without the axleback portion and the rest of the exhaust stock, it's still not crazy loud, it really just got a bit louder and backfired :P)

After a few goofy things with shipping the gusset happened, Chris personally overnighted a gusset to me and I got it fixed the next day. Keep in mind I'm in AZ and he's in Georgia.

Obviously, it was frustrating having it crack and having to take time to get it fixed, but things happen, stuff breaks, etc. Almost every product has a few teething issues at some point. The exhaust is perfect otherwise so minor issue. Chris was great to deal with and I made a good friend out of the process.

I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. Thanks Chris Harrell!
Stealth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stealth15 For This Useful Post:
alxtheoreo (09-12-2016), CSG Mike (09-12-2016), JazzleSAURUS (09-14-2016)
Old 04-04-2021, 09:47 PM   #88
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
I've had no problems with the exhaust. However, somebody admired the sound yesterday
Bahahaha
You have much to learn young me.
Now this wouldn't be why my car has negative fuel trims would it? I don't think so but time to replace.
Attached Images

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowReaper For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-09-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:05 PM   #89
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,712 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowReaper View Post
Bahahaha
You have much to learn young me.
Now this wouldn't be why my car has negative fuel trims would it? I don't think so but time to replace.
Too far back. Could just patch that up...
Old 04-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #90
ShadowReaper
Indulgent Tormenter

Drives: 15' LTD Subaru BRZ DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Too far back. Could just patch that up...
Oh I did... tuner said that it could still allow unwanted air in the system, but after patching, fuel trims are practically identical.

Instagram: 86_Maul
ShadowReaper is offline   Reply With Quote