follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 11-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #365
Berserker

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icybrzzz View Post
I'm pretty sure @Berserker knows a thing or two about drag racing, I mean if you would do some research and realized his background in drag racing you wouldn't be questioning his methods LOL.

Good job on the 13.9! I'm going to need some pointers btw, I only managed a 15.2 that day I went to the strip on stock tires. I've only started to power shift recently and I managed to do a 15.0 on some 12 year old 205 16s lol
Which track did you do that at? hit me up with questions anytime brother. If you already have a dedicated set of 16's for the track buy a NT555R good fitment on a 6.5-7" wheel with good hook.

If you hit up the strip in the spring post up before you do man, would be cool to have a few 86's out at once
Old 11-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #366
icybrzzz

Drives: 2015 Scion frz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Which track did you do that at? hit me up with questions anytime brother. If you already have a dedicated set of 16's for the track buy a NT555R good fitment on a 6.5-7" wheel with good hook.

If you hit up the strip in the spring post up before you do man, would be cool to have a few 86's out at once
This was at TMP, and yeah I've got some 16x6.5 legacy gt wheels I picked up for this exactly haha.

Sounds good ill def keep in touch for when the tracks re-open!
icybrzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to icybrzzz For This Useful Post:
Berserker (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 08:44 PM   #367
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icybrzzz View Post
I'm pretty sure @Berserker knows a thing or two about drag racing, I mean if you would do some research and realized his background in drag racing you wouldn't be questioning his methods
I have a question.

@Berserker do you have a steel bell housing or explosion shield? The idea of dumping a clutch at 7k+ without one scares me, but I like having feet.
pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #368
Berserker

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post
I have a question.

@Berserker do you have a steel bell housing or explosion shield? The idea of dumping a clutch at 7k+ without one scares me, but I like having feet.
Sorry for the late reply. Stock bell housing for me. It never hurts to have a sfi bellhousing but I’m my years of experience in mild combos like this I wouldn’t even think about it. On an extreme level my 05 Stang I put a steel sfi bell housing later in its life when I started going 10s. Even running deep into the 11s I was still rocking my stock alum bellhousing.

To grenade a clutch to the point of it coming off the flywheel is very extreme and hard to do in most cases. Driveshaft safety loop would be the first priority if you are on a full slick just for the piece of mind. If anything the shaft is coming through the tunnel before the clutch is. Again doesn’t hurt to have but personally I wouldn’t consider it until you start getting into big power or crazy 1.5-1.4 sixty foots and below.
Old 02-13-2021, 07:52 AM   #369
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
1/4 Mile times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Bringing this thread back from the dead

Stock Brz with weight reduction

-Spare Tire / jack removed/ trunk panels
-Rear Seats removed
-Pass Seat removed (Driver seat Bride bucket)
-Ac Removed
-Stereo system Removed
-Curtain air bags removed
-Alum Drive shaft
-Whiteline Rear diff bushing inserts

Stock HP throughout:

-Stock Headers, cats, over pipe, front pipe & catback
-Stock pullies
-Stock Tune
-Stock air box with inlet tube
-Stock Fdr

With all that being said I ran a bunch of 14.6's @ 97-98mph. I didn't want to break out during 14.50 index eliminations, so if I went faster than a 14.50 I would loose.. As the day went on and the track surface got better, I actually ran a couple 14.6's letting off top end @ 93mph to win the rounds and not worry about going below 14.5's. I feel It would of gone 14.5's for sure of better near the end. Being on the stock tire I did full stand still burnouts at 22psi in the tires. I was launching the car at 4500-4800 which I found to be the sweet spot of carrying wheel speed above 5000 rpms but spinning through first and squawking 2nd. It was a pro .400 tree so I was more concerned trying to catch a light while keeping the 4500 hanging there as I bumped into the beams. I was almost dumping the clutch just to make it consistent each round. The 60 foots were terrible 2.3's but the wheel speed to the 330 was fair for what I was doing. Once I get it down into the 1.8's-2.0's the Et should drop a ton. I was power shifting every gear driving it pretty hard.

All in all it was a great first outing with the car & I plan to go to the next even in 3 weeks time. For the next round I will be swapping out to my light weight battery, disconnecting the front sway bar (Allowing a lot more weight travel) & probably bring my BBS wheels with the Drag radials to see how fast a Stock hp Brz can go with minimal parts. If I can crack a 14.3-14.4 on the stock tires and maybe a 13.99 with the drag radials.. I would be super happy

Track was 35-40 C so super hot and about 34% humidity. If I remember correctly DA was 3200. More slips to come

Man I’m kind of surprised it’s that slow after all that weight reduction. My old 1995 Integra GS-R ran consistent 14.2s and it was mostly stock. I had Type-R pistons, Type-R header and an OEM flywheel turned down to 13lbs. At the track I would pull all the obvious stuff out but also pull the rear seats and passenger seat. I would also remove the cat so it just dumped right after the headers. Haven’t taken my FRS to the track but I was figuring it would run 14.1 or better on E85. I guess I need to get to the track.

Edit: never mind I missed the part where you said it was bracket racing ant you were lifting at the end. Also the stock tires are a complete joke. Just about any 200tw tire would drop your time much less a drag radial. If anything the drag radial would give too much hookup on stock power.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote