follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #43
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerj2 View Post
digital guys what tablets you using? i just got a wacom introus5 small!
I have just been using my ipad. I am looking at the Cintiq's though. How do you like the intuos?

Last edited by Tanuki; 04-09-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #44
powerj2

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
I have just been using my ipad. I am looking at the Cintiq's though. How do you like the introus?
Im not that Great at art but I can see all the possibilities! I main use it for banner designs and logo for smooth lines!

But for 240$ its not bad at all 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity and the quick toggles on the side make it easy to move around your work piece and change brush sizes.

also love the felt tip nip i have in my pen
powerj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powerj2 For This Useful Post:
M-17 (04-04-2013), Tanuki (04-04-2013)
Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #45
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerj2 View Post
Im not that Great at art but I can see all the possibilities! I main use it for banner designs and logo for smooth lines!

But for 240$ its not bad at all 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity and the quick toggles on the side make it easy to move around your work piece and change brush sizes.

also love the felt tip nip i have in my pen
Great to hear. Yeah I really like the ipad because it is portable and basically works as an amazing sketch book. I do want a nice felt tip stylus though, I just use my finger now and I have an ipad 1 so i am sitting at 70 dpi. I would upgrade, but I want to wait for the next gen.

Eventually a cintiq and an ipad will be my combo. The procreate software is amazing as well. I have seen great things done with it.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #46
86Tofu

Drives: 12' pearl white frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i dont have any pictures with me but i customize munny figures
86Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Great to hear. Yeah I really like the ipad because it is portable and basically works as an amazing sketch book. I do want a nice felt tip stylus though, I just use my finger now and I have an ipad 1 so i am sitting at 70 dpi. I would upgrade, but I want to wait for the next gen.

Eventually a cintiq and an ipad will be my combo. The procreate software is amazing as well. I have seen great things done with it.
i use a cintiq for work, i really do not recommend buying one unless you can justify its use. Like if your life and paycheck depended on speed an accuracy. Otherwise if you buy it your just spending money on something to play with which might ruin your hand skills. When you can spend money on building a better computer and a drawtablet, If your computer isn't fast enough your cintiq will lag like no other, especially in high canvas sizes >2000pixel.

I use a Wacom Intous3 for most of my applications. and im probably going to use a use wacom 4 large and replace the action area with a LCD screen so i have a small portable wacom "cintiq" to lug around with me.

Its easy to stop doing hand art when all of these tools are available to you, which is why my sketchbook has to be in my visible range so i don't forget to practice.

I haven't done anything art with my ipad3 yet, I might stop by fry's later and pick up a stylus.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
Its easy to stop doing hand art when all of these tools are available to you, which is why my sketchbook has to be in my visible range so i don't forget to practice.
I've never been able to get used to the Wacom pen feel.. I only use it when I really have to. Sometimes I even prefer a mouse over the pen for simple coloring & shading. But my sketchbook is the 1st thing I turn to when starting anything, regardless of how digital I know it may end up becoming.. There's just something about that textured, rough feel of pencil/pen against paper that I can't get away from.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #49
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Quote:
i use a cintiq for work, i really do not recommend buying one unless you can justify its use. Like if your life and paycheck depended on speed an accuracy. Otherwise if you buy it your just spending money on something to play with which might ruin your hand skills. When you can spend money on building a better computer and a drawtablet, If your computer isn't fast enough your cintiq will lag like no other, especially in high canvas sizes >2000pixel.

I use a Wacom Intous3 for most of my applications. and im probably going to use a use wacom 4 large and replace the action area with a LCD screen so i have a small portable wacom "cintiq" to lug around with me.

I haven't done anything art with my ipad3 yet, I might stop by fry's later and pick up a stylus.

Thanks. I find that my finger is the best stylus for the ipad, but to each their own. My friend uses the non HD cintiq and has really recommended it.

Have any of you one a schoolism.com course?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #50
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Ok, some new stuff:

The Following User Says Thank You to Tanuki For This Useful Post:
M-17 (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #51
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
@Tanuki, if I could I would have thanked you 10x more just because of Master Chief.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Tanuki (04-08-2013)
Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #52
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
@Tanuki, if I could I would have thanked you 10x more just because of Master Chief.
haha thanks. I could have probably done a little more on that one, but I think it is really time I graduate to a real tablet and improve my digital work.

I did register for a schoolism course over the weekend as well.
M-17 (04-08-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #53
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

I picked up an intuos 5 last night, but only had 5 minutes to play with it. Is there a way that you can lock the screen in so you arent always guessing where the point is going to be? I feel like it will take some serious adjusting to get used to this so far. @powerj2 @WingsofWar

Last edited by Tanuki; 04-09-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #54
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
I picked up an intuos 5 last night, but only had 5 minutes to play with it. Is there a way that you can lock the screen in so you arent always guessing where the point is going to be? I feel like it will take some serious adjusting to get used to this so far. @powerj2 @WingsofWar
not exactly sure on the i5, play with your wacom user settings under control panel.

Which version did you get small/med? or are you baller and go for the large.

Using a tablet takes some time getting use to, and having a good work space is essential to learning good pen-ship on the tablet. Be sure your able to move your tablet in front of you rather than to the side, and be sure to take full advantage of your programmable hot keys so you don't need to use your keyboard.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #55
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Quote:
not exactly sure on the i5, play with your wacom user settings under control panel.

Which version did you get small/med? or are you baller and go for the large.

Using a tablet takes some time getting use to, and having a good work space is essential to learning good pen-ship on the tablet. Be sure your able to move your tablet in front of you rather than to the side, and be sure to take full advantage of your programmable hot keys so you don't need to use your keyboard.
I just got the small (all they had in stock). I figured I would play with it and see if I can make it work. I really like the texture of the surface on it though (huge deal for me). I may do a medium sized one though, a little bigger would be great.

Do you have any of your work you can show me you have done on yours?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #56
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Quote:
ill play

Nevermind, I am guessing these came from the intuos?
Guff (04-09-2013)