follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 07-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #1
abyssFT86

Drives: 2020 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Peninsula / San Jose: Help with Coilover + End Link + Rear LCA Install

Might be a long shot but putting this out there:

I recently bought some coilovers and am looking for help with install. Looking for either (a) someone on the forum with experience who enjoys doing this kind of install and really knows their stuff or (b) a mechanic shop where I could "ride along" and help do the install. Really love learning and being involved with the process so hoping to find something where I can be involved with the setup rather than just dropping it at a mechanic, though that will obviously be the fallback.

Happy to pay for the help at a rate that we agree on.

This install is a little more complex than some of the plug and play coilover installs in that I need to:
1. Disassemble the coilover to set the bump stop
2. Install new (shorter) front end links
3. Install rear lower control arms to allow adjustment of rear camber.

Open to doing this in my parking space with Jack stands if that is feasible (not sure if it is given the need to load suspension for the end link installs and torque things down) or open to bringing it somewhere that has a lift / better setup.

Let me know if you / someone you know would be a fit.
abyssFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #2
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssFT86 View Post
Might be a long shot but putting this out there:

I recently bought some coilovers and am looking for help with install. Looking for either (a) someone on the forum with experience who enjoys doing this kind of install and really knows their stuff or (b) a mechanic shop where I could "ride along" and help do the install. Really love learning and being involved with the process so hoping to find something where I can be involved with the setup rather than just dropping it at a mechanic, though that will obviously be the fallback.

Happy to pay for the help at a rate that we agree on.

This install is a little more complex than some of the plug and play coilover installs in that I need to:
1. Disassemble the coilover to set the bump stop
2. Install new (shorter) front end links
3. Install rear lower control arms to allow adjustment of rear camber.

Open to doing this in my parking space with Jack stands if that is feasible (not sure if it is given the need to load suspension for the end link installs and torque things down) or open to bringing it somewhere that has a lift / better setup.

Let me know if you / someone you know would be a fit.
Speedelement is nearby you and can help you do the install as well as alignment afterwards. They have a low car friendly alignment machine. I do recommend having them to do it as the suspension needs to be loaded in order to torque properly.
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Dman8

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you still need help? I only joined a few days ago so didn’t see your post until now, but I can help you.
Dman8 is offline   Reply With Quote