follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know how to install Full Blown's Flex Fuel Kit?

I've spent a little too much time researching and I just can't find anything. I feel like it's gotta be very simple.

I've had the FF kit sit here for about 2 years now and I'd like to put it to use, the only thing that's throwing me off are these stray wires.

I don't know how to wire these things or what to do. Full Blown doesn't have instructions on their site so I looked at Moto-East and Delicious' kit. It looks pretty similar except for that wiring part.

It looks like that blue wire also just connects to the ECU, and that stray black wire is a ground.

Any help or guide would be appreciated!

Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
I've spent a little too much time researching and I just can't find anything. I feel like it's gotta be very simple.

I've had the FF kit sit here for about 2 years now and I'd like to put it to use, the only thing that's throwing me off are these stray wires.

I don't know how to wire these things or what to do. Full Blown doesn't have instructions on their site so I looked at Moto-East and Delicious' kit. It looks pretty similar except for that wiring part.

It looks like that blue wire also just connects to the ECU, and that stray black wire is a ground.

I suggest you e-mail or call them.

If you hook it up wrong …. it looks like it could be "full blown" for sure.

Be careful out there …

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (07-05-2018), soundman98 (05-10-2020)
Old 07-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
FullBlown

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,026 Times in 548 Posts
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post

Hi, the White/Blue wire goes to the single wire on the jumper harness. Then it is just power and ground to the red and black.
FullBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FullBlown For This Useful Post:
Alltezza (07-05-2018)
Old 05-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
notmyracecar
Banned

Drives: 15 BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This is probably a long shot and I’m bringing back a dead thread but if you got this all set up could you send me a picture of how you ran the wires, I’m also confused. I know the blue/white goes to the Evap sensor, red is to the fuse tap, black is ground but what about the others?
notmyracecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:04 AM   #5
mrjj

Drives: GT86 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmyracecar View Post
This is probably a long shot and I’m bringing back a dead thread but if you got this all set up could you send me a picture of how you ran the wires, I’m also confused. I know the blue/white goes to the Evap sensor, red is to the fuse tap, black is ground but what about the others?

Green cable to flex fuel sensor. Here is the instructions:
http://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/EC...structions.pdf
mrjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #6
notmyracecar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjj View Post
Green cable to flex fuel sensor. Here is the instructions:
http://zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/EC...structions.pdf
So just to be sure before it’s all in, on the flex fuel sensor (brown plug) the red wire splices to the red coming off the ECA2 harness and then goes into the add a fuse, the black wire coming from the FF sensor splices with the black wire from the ECA2 harness and then grounds to the bolt on the driver side fuse box, the green wire from the FF sensor splices to the green wire on the ECA2 harness, and then the other wires don’t go to anything because they’re not needed. Hopefully that’s readable. So in the end I will still have the grey and blue wires going to nothing since they’re for fuel temperature and I will only have the gauge and the signal plugged into the ECA2, nothing plugged into the sensor. Thanks for the help by the way!
Old 05-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #7
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
So just to be sure before it’s all in, on the flex fuel sensor (brown plug) the red wire splices to the red coming off the ECA2 harness and then goes into the add a fuse, the black wire coming from the FF sensor splices with the black wire from the ECA2 harness and then grounds to the bolt on the driver side fuse box, the green wire from the FF sensor splices to the green wire on the ECA2 harness, and then the other wires don’t go to anything because they’re not needed. Hopefully that’s readable. So in the end I will still have the grey and blue wires going to nothing since they’re for fuel temperature and I will only have the gauge and the signal plugged into the ECA2, nothing plugged into the sensor. Thanks for the help by the way!
Not sure what you mean by "nothing plugged into the sensor", but here's how I read it:

1.From the Zeitronix ECA-2 box
-Red: Run to a switched +12v using an add-in fuse
-Black: Run to a chassis ground
-White/Blue: Run this to the single wire left out in the jumper harness
-Green: Run to the green wire on the harness connected to the flex fuel sensor
-Gray: Not used
-Blue: Not used

2.Flex Fuel sensor
-Red: Run to a switched +12v using an add-in fuse (or splice it into the ECA-2 harness - preferred)
-Black: Run to a chassis ground (or splice it into the ECA-2 harness - preferred)
-Green: Run to green wire on the ECA-2 harness

3. Gauge
-Plug into the "gauge" port on ECA-2 box

Tell me if that makes sense or you have any questions. Additionally, I'm grey/green colorblind, so I apologize if the shades of grey/green I used weren't perfect haha.

Also just in case anyone is wondering, the ECA-2 box is there because the GM flex fuel sensor outputs a frequency signal which while most standalone ECU's can understand that, the pin on our OEM ECU is instead looking for an analog signal. So the box takes the digital signal and converts it to an analog 0-5V signal, that the ECU can understand.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:46 PM   #8
notmyracecar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
Not sure what you mean by "nothing plugged into the sensor", but here's how I read it:

2.Flex Fuel sensor
-Red: Run to a switched +12v using an add-in fuse (or splice it into the ECA-2 harness - preferred)
-Black: Run to a chassis ground (or splice it into the ECA-2 harness - preferred)

3. Gauge

Tell me if that makes sense or you have any questions. Additionally, I'm grey/green colorblind, so I apologize if the shades of grey/green I used weren't perfect haha.

Also just in case anyone is wondering, the ECA-2 box is there because the GM flex fuel sensor outputs a frequency signal which while most standalone ECU's can understand that, the pin on our OEM ECU is instead looking for an analog signal. So the box takes the digital signal and converts it to an analog 0-5V signal, that the ECU can understand.
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you to both of you for helping me out, can’t wait to get this all in and going. I’ll make sure to hit you up if I have any other questions!
Old 05-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #9
notmyracecar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post

2.Flex Fuel sensor

3. Gauge

Also when I said nothing plugs into sensor I meant the sensor plug on the ECA-2, the gauge plugs into the gauge port, the signal harness plugs into the signal port, and there isn’t a harness or plug that goes into the sensor port on the opposite side of the ECA-2, it’s all run from the signal harness unless I’m missing something.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:40 PM   #10
Goingnowherefast

Drives: AP2 S2000, 91 Miata 1.8L Rotrex 5MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Also when I said nothing plugs into sensor I meant the sensor plug on the ECA-2, the gauge plugs into the gauge port, the signal harness plugs into the signal port, and there isn’t a harness or plug that goes into the sensor port on the opposite side of the ECA-2, it’s all run from the signal harness unless I’m missing something.
Yeah no worries. So for most applications the sensor harness actually just comes with a plug that you can just pop in to the ECA-2 box.