follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
SexAs86

Drives: 16' Scion FRS, 15' Porsche Boxster
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why Buying EXPENSIVE Wings from Evasive Motorsport???

Update: they cancelled my order for me. No more complaint on that.

I was looking for Voltex swan neck wings for my frs. There are actually two kinds of build materials. One is Wet Carbon and the other is Dry Carbon. They have different part numbers. For example, Type7SN-1400DC means Type7 swan neck wings, 1400mm length, dry carbon built.

However, on Evasive's website, they only have

Part Number: VOL-TYPE7SN

and throughout the webpage, you can't find the build material specified. Nor can I find their "NON-RETURNING/CANCELLING" policy. I mean it, go check the item page yourself. With the price I assumed it was dry carbon and bought it on 5/4. OK, this is my fault for not doing my homework enough and confirming with them beforehand.

I called them this morning to check whether it is a wet carbon or dry carbon build, they said it was wet carbon, and the guy refused to cancel this order saying it was a "special order". The guy said "You should figure it out by yourself before buying it", which made me FURIOUS. IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS??? I will get better service at McDonald's.

I was very surprised as evasive was one of the best-known sellers on this forum and I knew this wing from speedacademy and they spoke very highly of evasive.

The order was made on 5/4 and the transaction hasn't even been posted to my account. I see no reason for not being able to cancel it. Besides, isn't it their fault not having the information detailed and correct enough? Isn't it their fault not mentioning any words for the unfair "NON-CANCELLING" policy???

Last edited by SexAs86; 05-06-2019 at 02:17 PM.
SexAs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
tobin

Drives: '13 BRZ, '06 Outback
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexAs86 View Post
Update: they cancelled my order for me. No more complaint on that.

I was looking for Voltex swan neck wings for my frs. There are actually two kinds of build materials. One is Wet Carbon and the other is Dry Carbon. They have different part numbers. For example, Type7SN-1400DC means Type7 swan neck wings, 1400mm length, dry carbon built.

However, on Evasive's website, they only have

Part Number: VOL-TYPE7SN

and throughout the webpage, you can't find the build material specified. Nor can I find their "NON-RETURNING/CANCELLING" policy. I mean it, go check the item page yourself. With the price I assumed it was dry carbon and bought it on 5/4. OK, this is my fault for not doing my homework enough and confirming with them beforehand.
The post should just end here.
tobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Took me all of 5 seconds to find this...

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/policies/

FAQ > WHAT IS YOUR RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY? > SPECIAL ORDERS

Quote:
Items are considered special orders if they are not normally stocked items. For example, if an item needs to be ordered from Japan, or an item is made to order.

Please contact us if you would like to inquire about making an order.
Special orders may require a deposit.
No returns, cancellations, or refunds allowed on special orders. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Did they tell you it was a special order at time of purchase?

Also if you really want to get anything done. FB/IG is the place to complain, not here.
x808drifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:05 PM   #4
SexAs86

Drives: 16' Scion FRS, 15' Porsche Boxster
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x808drifter View Post
Took me all of 5 seconds to find this...

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/policies/

FAQ > WHAT IS YOUR RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY? > SPECIAL ORDERS

Did they tell you it was a special order at time of purchase?

Also if you really want to get anything done. FB/IG is the place to complain, not here.
They said nothing about how this thing comes to be a "special order", the only difference I noticed is the $150 freight. I don't think that is anyhow related to "special order".

I want to post it here because I don't use FB/ins that much and this forum is where I always turn to when looking for reviews and advice. At least a few guys will know the prices for the Voltex wings on evasive's website are for wet carbon builds, not dry carbon ones. Without offendinng, Nengun sells the same wing for a couple hundred less if you can stand a longer wait.

Thanks for replying anyway.
SexAs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:22 PM   #5
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Threw up the FB/IG thing cause they seem like a compnay that doesnt want to get a bad rep on social media.

And I asked about the special order thing for that exact reason.
They offer refunds on non special order things.

They didn't say it was and by the looks of how it's worded on their site if it was a special order item they should have let you know ahead of time.

In my eyes unless they specifically told you it was a special order they should be honoring the refund policy listed.

Quote:
Please call our staff at 626.336.3400 during our office hours to cancel an order. We process your order electronically. Therefore, your order may be processed when you ‘complete purchase’. Please contact us immediately at 626.336.3400 if you wish to change or cancel your order. Do not assume we will see your e-mail in time as we get hundreds of e-mail messages per day. We will make every effort to stop the processing of your order.

Due to the cost of processing refunds, there will be a 5% cancellation fee on all orders placed but canceled prior to shipping. This does not apply to returns & exchanges. Please refer to returns & exchanges if your order has already shipped.

Your order must be confirmed by an Evasive Motorsports customer service representative if it has not shipped from our warehouse or the manufacturer or distributor. Once confirmed, you will be issued a credit or refund minus cancellation fees within 7 business days.
Well within that 7 day period.
x808drifter is online now   Reply With Quote