follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Nassty

Drives: 13 FR-S, 08 ZX-10R
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rusty Rocker

Basically I messed up a bit...I went on vacation for 2 weeks and the day I got back I noticed a nice dent in my rocker panel with about a 2"x1" section of paint cracked off.

This was about a week ago so I'm assuming its been about 3 weeks+ since it happened and it looks like a few orange/brown spots are starting to pop up (I've been trying to keep it clean but I guess that didn't help)

What's the best immediate action to stop/fix any rusting? And also the cheapest rust-proof solution? (money's tight but I definitely can't neglect this any more)

I don't care about fixing the dent that much - just fixing any rust issues and maybe a little cover up paint

Thanks
Nassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
headlikeahole

Drives: Ultramarine toyobaru
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sand down the exposed metal, apply pre paint solution (leveler/cleaner), then paint with chip repair paint to seal it up and make it look pretty. It's not a sure thing but if done right it shouldn't rust.
headlikeahole is offline   Reply With Quote