follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2022, 01:37 AM   #1
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Launch-Year Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
APEX | Track Ready PP BRZ - Featuring The All-New VS-5RS Forged Wheels

Track Ready Performance Package BRZ
Featuring The All-New APEX VS5-RS Forged Wheels

Miles and his well-sorted 2017 BRZ dropped by the APEX facility recently to try on a set of our new VS-5RS Forged wheels, and we wanted to share some of the content our photographer Victor captured in the process. Miles frequently runs the car in a local NorCal Time Trail series dedicated to the 86/BRZ platform called 86DRIVE Challenge, which is a killer way for drivers to rev up their competitive spirits in a safe and friendly environment.

We threw on a set of Satin Bronze VS-5RS wheels wrapped in 245/40-18 Falken RT660 tires, and finished things off with our red center caps which tied in with the Brembo brake calipers and tow hooks nicely. Lightweight 17" forged wheels are one of the key modifications 86/BRZ track enthusiasts like Miles count on for maximizing performance and reducing rotational mass.

The VS-5RS ranges between 16.0 - 16.5 lbs depending on the width, and was designed with brake clearance in mind clearing a wide variety of aftermarket big brake kits including the factory Brembo's found on the PP and TRD models. What's wild is that our engineers could have made the VS-5RS even lighter, however, these wheels are built for motorsport use carrying a load rating above JWL standards and feature our new Sprint Spec inner lip design that strategically adds over 1/2 lbs. of material to help withstand impacts on and off the race track.

For more info on the new VS-5RS forged wheels, dive into our technical thread in the wheel & tire section. We hope you enjoy the car as much as we did.

WHEELS & TIRES
APEX VS-5RS Forged 17×9″ ET35 Wheels in Satin Bronze
245/40-17 Falken RT660 Tires

SUSPENSION & BRAKES
Annex Clubspec Pro
Swift 5kg F / 8kg R
SPC rear camber arms,
Perrin 22mm front sway bar
Eibach rear sway bar

BRAKES
Performance Package Brembo Calipers
Pagid RSL29 Pads
Castrol SRF fluid

ENGINE
Openflash stage 2+ software
Ace A350 headers
Jackson Racing oil cooler
Propel E85 fuel

EXTERIOR/AERO
Custom Nine Lives Racing rear wing - 1460mm, 3.5 degrees
Sti front lip

APEX PHOTOGRAPHER: Victor Giang | @Victorgiang
OWNER/DRIVER: Miles Odama | @mileskodama

Phone: 925.245.0773 | experts@apexwheels.com | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
APEX Race Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to APEX Race Parts For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (08-22-2022)
Old 07-15-2022, 06:21 AM   #2
autosenses

Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow, very nice wheel. I'm still establishing a baseline with my Base GR. I definitely need lighter wheels and stickier tires. I love Apex's fitment guide too- saves time and full of detail information.

I will be purchasing a set soon. Delivery date is fall for these?
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autosenses For This Useful Post:
APEX Race Parts (07-18-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 05:32 PM   #3
APEX Race Parts
FT86Club Official Vendor

Drives: Launch-Year Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosenses View Post
Wow, very nice wheel. I'm still establishing a baseline with my Base GR. I definitely need lighter wheels and stickier tires. I love Apex's fitment guide too- saves time and full of detail information.

I will be purchasing a set soon. Delivery date is fall for these?
Glad to hear you found our wheel & tire fitment guides helpful.

The new 17" VS-5RS forged 86/BRZ wheel fitments are currently available through a Group Buy pre-sale with a discount up to $300 off + free shipping (see signiture).

Gen 1 fitments will be ready to ship to customers in Aug/Sept, while Gen 2 fitments will be shipping to customers in Nov.

- Ryan

Phone: 925.245.0773 | experts@apexwheels.com | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Blog
APEX Race Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 11:08 PM   #4
WeekendTrackWarrior

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
yes on all of this, the bronze wheels are perfect, and as silly as it sounds, I think that rear license plate coloring is cool for this car.
WeekendTrackWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote