follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-13-2021, 05:31 AM   #15
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMercyFlush View Post
Ok so it just gets spoofed to look like what OFT is expecting.
I was looking at Wanyes Roms yesterday and did see something that looked like that was what it was saying but his store went down in the middle of it. He said it was storm related. East coast is just getting battered isn't it. I'm in Perth and damn its looking cold and wet over there.

yes its jist a hack to get arround usinig the matching calid and use a compatable calid

yeah we has a bit of rain but all good
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #16
MajorMercyFlush

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 GTS PP - Moon Slate
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
yes its jist a hack to get arround usinig the matching calid and use a compatable calid
Ok, thanks for your help
MajorMercyFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:50 AM   #17
Sam86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen3v8 View Post
Waynos tunes and service are below average. Especially with 2017 plus he has no idea. Just some friendly and experienced advice
Why do you say that? The consensus I saw was that they were pretty good, definitely a step up from the OFT ots tunes? 17+ I can’t comment on since I have a MY15 but curious to hear your opinion.

I've been running his e85 tune for about 6000km and haven't ran into any issues mechanically. Never had any weird sounds or cause for concern, mechanic didn't see anything wrong during its service 1500km ago. A full tank seems to get me around 350kms. Car isn't too difficult to start during cold, will require a second crank every 2-3 days to start but never more than that. Up high in the RPMs the performance seems to be alright but down low it still feels sluggish when I thought Headers + e85 was meant to mostly remedy that. Car doesn't really move all that much unless I drop to 2nd gear or go foot to the floor.

I will say though I wasn't blown away by the transition from OFT ots petrol tune to the e85 tune. UEL headers and ots stage 2 was immediately noticeable but not so much e85 when I had the expectation that out of those 2 mods, e85 would give a more noticeable performance increase. Also my exhaust didn't sound as aggressive moving to e85 and seemed to quiet down and not rumble as much. I initially thought that was the e85 petrol content but now i'm wondering if it's the tune as my friend who just got his evo tuned to e85 said his exhaust got louder and started to pop due to the increased fuel consumption.

I thought at the very least it would be a better alternative than ots, as I couldn't justify paying 10x more for a custom tune when i'm still NA which I was/ am under the impression would only give slightly better performance than the Wayne tune

Last edited by Sam86; 05-15-2021 at 02:14 AM.
Sam86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headers, new here, openflash tablet, question, stage 2+