follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2014, 03:47 AM   #43
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
Wow, no good! What you guys seem to be describing is akin to premature cracking in the clear coat like you'd get in a 10 year old car that is parked outside under the sun and poorly maintained. Waaay too early for this to be happening if that's what it is.

Hope you guys get taken care of. You guys might have to start a poll or track how big this issue is. Seems like it could be a legit problem with QC.
I'd honestly rather not get it painted at all. I wish there were some way to fix the probem, yet keep the factory paint job intact. I wish. But the way the bumps are, I doubt it.

I'll take pictures tomorrow in the daylight.
For that price anyone could get a c6z and have money for a simple heads cam package and make a bunch more power and have a superior handling car. This seems overpriced to say the least. "Have it your way" is basically offering someone a massive dildo to shove up their ass BUT they have the option of choosing the method in which it is inserted....
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:00 AM   #44
im2lazy789

Drives: BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkolanko View Post
Hey guys. I have noticed the same thing on my 2014 WRB BRZ. I have two or three little exposed areas on the roof and trunk. Today, I clay bar the entire car and I saw them. This seems to be an issue with the vehicle and not "environmental" because it's on areas where damage usually won't occur. I am gonna call the local subaru dealer and see what they say.
Bringing up an old thread, I know, but has anyone here gotten resolution from this issue? I was detailing my car before putting it away for the season and noticed that my paint is failing exactly as others have shown in this thread. My car is still under bumper to bumper until July '16, hoping I don't have to eat a respray. Upsetting that this happens when I only drive the car three months per year, keep it washed and waxed, and when it's not driven it stays in the garage under a car cover.
im2lazy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #45
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,474 Times in 4,995 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
None that I know of, some people may have gotten a respray or touch up out of a dealership, idk, I was too lazy to complain and I'm out of bumper to bumper warranty, here is my defect (following through on a post I made 15 months ago)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...66&postcount=5

Edit: Rest of the most recent thread about this for more fodder

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94194
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #46
lupindub

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
None that I know of, some people may have gotten a respray or touch up out of a dealership, idk, I was too lazy to complain and I'm out of bumper to bumper warranty, here is my defect (following through on a post I made 15 months ago)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...66&postcount=5

Edit: Rest of the most recent thread about this for more fodder

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94194
Is it just me, or does it seem like a certain color is prone or susceptible to these paint chips? I have an Asphalt grey just like the 2 other people you linked and have the exact same problems. Anyone else who doesn't have Asphalt grey paint have these kind of problems? I'm not talking about the paint scratching easily but being knocked off in chunks like in the pictures.
lupindub is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lupindub For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (09-28-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #47
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,257 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAutoX View Post
Thanks for your post. That is exactly like mine...I knew the paint quality was poor but that is ridiculous! I have never had this issue before. I detailed cars for 5 years and never noticed anything that bad.

Bro, its so bad, i leaned on trunk to grab something and my shorts made small scratch. I tried it on our 2010 rav4 and it didnt happen till i used my nail.