follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #3767
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwbright View Post
This is obviously a long thread and I haven't gotten to review it all yet. A couple quick questions:

1: Best estimate for max HP and TQ with Open Flash tune, Open Flash header and either/both the TQ250 and TQ300 on 93 octane?

2: Is there going to be much of a difference in that setup if the OFH is replaced with, say, a JDL header?

Thanks!
Shiv actually said with the 300 and exhaust mods 230 should be doable on pump gas!!

Here is the dyno on 91 octane with a single dump pack.

fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-21-2014), robwbright (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #3768
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
Alright, I'm in the game - just ordered. Also have the OFT and OFH on order - should be a nice combo on 91 pump.

Still have the primacy tires to burn up this spring!

As for batteries, the starter recommended is :

Compact Starter Battery:This SLA battery has been tested to –15C, larger options are available.
http://www.atbatt.com/product/21861.asp

Can Fenton or someone point to a beefier model that still fits properly up front?
Ill have to let @Robftss answer the bigger battery question. He installed the new one in my car before winter.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #3769
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Max HP on 93 with those mods should be about 220hp and 200tq.

With a single dump battery(not recommend with TQ300) and 91 octane Shiv got 216hp and 192tq.

He should be posting more dyno results up soon so if you keep an eye on the thread you should see lots of dyno's coming in.
Thanks! So that's what, about +60 on both, right? Depending on dyno and all...
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #3770
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
On Shiv's tunes... these still have not been optimized yet. I know he is working on another version already, so I am expecting all these numbers to increase somewhat. Also guys remember the TQ-300 is a long way out before it goes to production (I'm assuming). Rob had the TQ-250 in place for one year before he even started selling the system. So don't expect the TQ-300 to appear soon.

The reason Shiv is using the tq-300 is (im assuming here) is for proof on concept. I.E- How much power the tq-300 can produce, how much torque, does it cap out anywhere? etc.

Should be interesting to see what Shiv has produced for both the vortech and the phantom when he posts the dyno numbers soon.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-21-2014), robwbright (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #3771
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Shiv actually said with the 300 and exhaust mods 230 should be doable on pump gas!!

Here is the dyno on 91 octane with a single dump pack.

Thanks for the dyno and input.
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #3772
FRSRAVEN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Is there a direct email link for Rob? Emailed through the site yesterday and haven't heard back. Now he may be super busy and getting swamped with emails...but all I want to know is where I send my money to buy one...

Anyone have any information on how long the wait will be before he has more kits for sale?
FRSRAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #3773
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSRAVEN View Post
Is there a direct email link for Rob? Emailed through the site yesterday and haven't heard back. Now he may be super busy and getting swamped with emails...but all I want to know is where I send my money to buy one...

Anyone have any information on how long the wait will be before he has more kits for sale?
He will respond. His second order is already out in he is just waiting for shipment. I will let him follow up with you on that. There are many people in the same situation as you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #3774
Hanni_0176

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee_are_zee View Post
After seeing that plot with the m45, I really wana see someone run a compound set up with an innovate. That would give all the TQs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A twincharger setup is what I'd ultimately like to do too, except I'd rather do a sequential twincharger setup using an ESC and a big turbo with twin scroll piping.

Still alot of research I'd need to do to figure out how to get it to work the way I want it to, though... like ESC engagement at partial throttle, bypass valve, electronic controller to disable the ESC once the turbocharger is at max spool (4-5k rpm's), etc.

After all of the reading I've been doing lately on compound twincharger setups, the worse I think it is for our cars. The amount of heat generated by a compound setup is far greater than a normal supercharger or turbocharger setup... and our cars have heat issues as is.

EDIT: Partial ESC engagement above 4-5k rpm's when at partial throttle would be awesome too, but I'm not sure how difficult and complex that would be to design (electronic control) and tune for.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #3775
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni_0176 View Post
A twincharger setup is what I'd ultimately like to do too, except I'd rather do a sequential twincharger setup using an ESC and a big turbo with twin scroll piping.

Still alot of research I'd need to do to figure out how to get it to work the way I want it to, though... like ESC engagement at partial throttle, bypass valve, electronic controller to disable the ESC once the turbocharger is at max spool (4-5k rpm's), etc.

After all of the reading I've been doing lately on compound twincharger setups, the worse I think it is for our cars. The amount of heat generated by a compound setup is far greater than a normal supercharger or turbocharger setup... and our cars have heat issues as is.

EDIT: Partial ESC engagement above 4-5k rpm's when at partial throttle would be awesome too, but I'm not sure how difficult and complex that would be to design (electronic control) and tune for.
@jet86
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #3776
Hanni_0176

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series MT
Yes, I've seen his build thread. Compound twincharger setup with a supercharger (roots style?) and a turbocharger. His thread is what got me into doing alot of research on the subject, actually. And from what I've read, the compound boost generates buttloads of heat.

If I was trying to make tons of boost, compound might be the way to go, but I'm not looking for insane whp numbers.

With a sequential, I'd get the low end torque from the ESC, which would also help me spool a big turbo sooner/faster, and then I'd have the big turbo (with twin scroll piping) for power from midrange all the way to redline. I don't see myself wanting more than 600 whp in this car, and I'm not even sure if I'd even want that much.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #3777
geshin

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Any subjective increase in noise out of the exhaust? The videos seem pretty tame as far as noise
geshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 PM   #3778
VR46
are you Jeff Vader?

Drives: Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geshin View Post
Any subjective increase in noise out of the exhaust? The videos seem pretty tame as far as noise
I have not noticed any change in exhaust noise.
VR46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #3779
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR46 View Post
I have not noticed any change in exhaust noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geshin View Post
I don't know. When I had my exhaust unbolted I could hear the tone get louder when the charger engaged.

Nothing crazy but im pretty sure I could hear it increase in loudness.

Stock exhaust you won't hear a thing other than some boost down low in the revs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #3780
no chrome
She said member

Drives: fr-s firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
Thanks, I haven't removed any of the sound tube stuff, so I don't really know the size of the hole, but judging from the plug I used to block it off, I wouldn't think a 4ga (That's what you used If i remember correctly) would fit by itself, much less with all the phantom wires running beside it.

I have 16ft of both red and black 2ga laying around from a relocation on my 240sx I never got around to. Do you think that it would fit? *edit.. just the positive, I will probably ground to chassis, and run a ground strap from the outside/backside of that bolt to the engine, or the shock tower where everyone moves the ground to.
@Robftss would 4awg or 2awg wire provide enough current from a trunk mounted dump battery? If we do mount both battery packs in rear, can both use common chassis ground?
no chrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive