follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 11-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #1135
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 艾洛 View Post
One day, I`d like to see someone pull up to a tinted FRS/BRZ owner and roll/power down their windows and stare/rev/do something stupid to instigate a race. While the BRZ/FRS owner is a police officer still in uniform. I'd like to see their reaction when they see the officer as the windows go down.

I have had 3 OPPs stop and ask me all about the car on different occasions (2 in Tim Hortons to perpetuate a stereotype) and 2 of them took the salesperson's card.
So...it is very possible that come spring, if you are near St Marys, Woodstock or Windsor this could happen to you.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #1136
eddieflyinv

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
no recent specific stories, but now that ive found this ill share them ahaha
and there will be many.. every fart canned civic around here wants to play, even a saturn ion with a body kit and cannon lolol still need to get a picture of that one
eddieflyinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #1137
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
This morning I had a guy in a red WRX sedan pull up next to me in the city and try to race. When the light turned green, I watched as he took off, cut in front of me, made a right turn nearly hitting a jogger, then sped around another right turn knocking a bicyclist off his bike.

I checked to make sure the cyclist was ok, but he sped off. If I had gotten his plates, I would have called the cops on him. Probably a young stupid kid thinking he has something to prove to the world through his driving.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
Astroboy (12-03-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #1138
themadscientist
Hotlink Terrorist

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ Spec S
Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,196 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsthefuzz View Post
HAHA!
E
On my way home from work. Cruisng down the freeway at about 75. See blue and yellow lights coming up from behind in my lane and gaining. Thinking to myself...Whats this? Car gets right on my ass, and changes lanes inches from my bumper. Look over to see who the hell this guy thinks he is. It was a stanced blue Kia Forte. A motherf***ing stanced Kia f***ing Forte! In all of its 16", totally inappropriate offset, stretched 195 wide rolling stock, crazy camber, and "bosozoku" style exhaust glory!

Next thing I know he jams on the brakes, the window rolls down and two Justin Beiber looking little a-holes start stare me down. The staring goes on for about4-5 seconds before the driver gives me the "what's up?" nod before he drops a gear and speeds (or at least attempts) off.

I literally took the next 10 minutes of my commute trying to figure out what the hell had just happened.
Haha! Thank you for that. I can see the whole thing just like you described.
themadscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #1139
Tcoat

Christmas morning, getting coffees, roads wet stopped at light.
Mercedes G55 full of little kids and some douchey looking guy rocking the biggest rims and thinnest tires I have ever seen pulls up beside me.
I look at him and think winter, Canada, 1 inch thick "performance tires" and chuckle to myself.
Well this guy starts to rev on me and I figure he just wants to hear mine so I give it one short shot.
Nope, he wanted more cuz' as soon as the light changes he floors it and is gone. He just barely kept it together on the wet road and I had visions of kids and presents spread across the road!
I am sure he is still telling his buddies how he kicked some guys ass this morning.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:45 AM   #1140
Dominus

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Christmas evening, rolling down a 2 lane as the sun just set. I'm in the passing lane going 5 over rolling past the traffic, luckily catching every green light. I start coming up on this light that just turned green and all the traffic has started moving yet so I start to slow down. As I roll by this Grey Powerstroke, he lays on it and closes the short 50ft gap he has to the car infront of him. I figure he didnt see everyone start to move and panicked . . . nope. less than a half mile down the road he rolls up to my passenger side (traffic is backed up and everyone thinks they need to be in the passing lane with me). He again rolls off barely keeping control of his truck. I laugh because i know what kind of torque those deisels can put out and my little NA 2.0 isn't anything im trying to stop light drag.

Well a while later here he comes again speeding in the slow lane once traffic has cleared. He slows down beside me once more then hammers it. i figure, what the hell its open and i miss the sound of my exhaust anyway so i get on it and stick to his bumper. He then cuts me off, just missing the car ahead of him and coming quick on one I'm catching up on and have already begun to slow. he squeezes between these other two cars by a small margin and then SLOWS DOWN and takes the next exit.

Now he's gonna go home and tell his buddies that he smoked a 458 today -__-
Dominus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #1141
Astroboy

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
Christmas evening, rolling down a 2 lane as the sun just set. I'm in the passing lane going 5 over rolling past the traffic, luckily catching every green light. I start coming up on this light that just turned green and all the traffic has started moving yet so I start to slow down. As I roll by this Grey Powerstroke, he lays on it and closes the short 50ft gap he has to the car infront of him. I figure he didnt see everyone start to move and panicked . . . nope. less than a half mile down the road he rolls up to my passenger side (traffic is backed up and everyone thinks they need to be in the passing lane with me). He again rolls off barely keeping control of his truck. I laugh because i know what kind of torque those deisels can put out and my little NA 2.0 isn't anything im trying to stop light drag.

Well a while later here he comes again speeding in the slow lane once traffic has cleared. He slows down beside me once more then hammers it. i figure, what the hell its open and i miss the sound of my exhaust anyway so i get on it and stick to his bumper. He then cuts me off, just missing the car ahead of him and coming quick on one I'm catching up on and have already begun to slow. he squeezes between these other two cars by a small margin and then SLOWS DOWN and takes the next exit.

Now he's gonna go home and tell his buddies that he smoked a 458 today -__-
Might be a stupid question, but can you trace what could have possibly been the cause of the oil leak?
Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #1142
Mikeez
Engineering Student

Drives: Scion FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Vrooom vroom FR-S for the wind. I like boost
Old 12-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #1143
pinski
Stole my avy from zGrinch

Drives: 2015 Audi S3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Had my first "Come Race Me Bro" encounter last night. Drove down the interstate to get wings from my favorite place. On the way back, I'm crusing in one of the middle lanes and am slowly catching a newish Jetta in the far left lane. As soon as I pull nearly even, she* floors it and takes off.

I keep maintaining my speed and see her again as I'm slowly gaining back, never changing my speed. As soon as I'm getting close to even again, she takes off. This repeats about two or three more times before I get to my exit. They even eventually got over beside me as I was moving to the right lane to exit and did the stupid flooring once again. So lame.

*it was dark so I don't actually know if it was a girl behind the wheel. However, I've never met a man who drives a Jetta.

2015 Audi /S3 | Panther Black | DSG
Gone...2014 BRZ, 2010 Lexus IS F-Sport, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1997 Mustang GT
pinski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinski For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #1144
SquadRogue
Banned

Drives: Steel FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
EDIT noideahowI got to this thread
SquadRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:27 AM   #1145
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 艾洛 View Post
One day, I`d like to see someone pull up to a tinted FRS/BRZ owner and roll/power down their windows and stare/rev/do something stupid to instigate a race. While the BRZ/FRS owner is a police officer still in uniform. I'd like to see their reaction when they see the officer as the windows go down.
The local PD has 2 dark blue unmarked 2013 mustang gt for this purpose. The only give-a-way is the rear plates. Even the lights are all hidden behind the grilles. I wan't to say the windows are blacked out (darker than the legal limit) but, I haven't seen them in the day time.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:32 AM   #1146
WesleyG

Drives: 2014 Satin White Pearl GTS auto
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Happens in South Africa as well, in Cape Town, apparantly they are called the ghost squad, drive unmarked golf GTI's do the same thing, come next to you to and instigate a race and then if you take the bait, pull you over. Some would say that its called entrapment, and I agree
Old 01-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #1147
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadRogue View Post
EDIT noideahowI got to this thread

It's ok Squady we will find somebody to take you home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
The local PD has 2 dark blue unmarked 2013 mustang gt for this purpose. The only give-a-way is the rear plates. Even the lights are all hidden behind the grilles. I wan't to say the windows are blacked out (darker than the legal limit) but, I haven't seen them in the day time.

Police here have been using seized cars for years. They have 'Stangs, Camaros, Challengers, etc with the same hidden lights and stealth stickers on them. The fun part is they then park in the middle of the highway where you can see them from miles away. If I see a Camaro parked in the middle of the road I sure as hell can guess what is going on.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #1148
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
It's ok Squady we will find somebody to take you home!

Police here have been using seized cars for years. They have 'Stangs, Camaros, Challengers, etc with the same hidden lights and stealth stickers on them. The fun part is they then park in the middle of the highway where you can see them from miles away. If I see a Camaro parked in the middle of the road I sure as hell can guess what is going on.
I tought this happen in the place i live, seems this a MO for the police and i bet in canada
theyre underpaid too
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote