follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 AM   #15
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Hey All:

I recently purchased some JDM items from Japanparts.com last Monday. It's been a week and I haven't received a tracking number yet.

Anyone have any idea or a clue as to how long it takes to get a tracking number ?

Edit: FYI: They did take the money out of my account.
I've ordered parts from Japanparts multiple times without issue, and they've always been very good about communication. I believe they have a section on their website (at least they did prior to the new one they just launched) to inquire about an order - I did this with one of my items after about a week, and they got back to me quickly informing me that they were waiting for one of my parts to come in.

If it is a less popular item or a more obscure part, it is likely the at they do not keep the item stocked or on-hand, and instead order it directly from the company when you order it through them. When they receive it, then they forward it to you along with any other items you've placed in that order.

I would just contact them and ask for an update if it is concerning you, but I've placed 3 - 4 orders with them in the last three months, and I've always received my order in a timely manner. I don't think you need to be worried about them scamming you, or anything of that sort.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #16
Jason@DSG

Drives: 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You will also likely be hit with import fees when ordering from JapanParts (not always, but I've seen it happen often enough). There are many companies that deal in mostly JDM and have all your bases covered (hint hint )
Jason@DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:16 PM   #17
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update: They sent me the Tracking Number. It was sent out today. I guess it takes 7 days to process? I guess for future references for people who have this issue, it can take up to 7 Days to process your request?

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #18
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@DSG View Post
You will also likely be hit with import fees when ordering from JapanParts (not always, but I've seen it happen often enough). There are many companies that deal in mostly JDM and have all your bases covered (hint hint )
Sent via EMS, almost no import fees.
Sent via FedEx/other courier, always import fees + duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Update: They sent me the Tracking Number. It was sent out today. I guess it takes 7 days to process? I guess for future references for people who have this issue, it can take up to 7 Days to process your request?
What's surprising about this part? It's all over their site and I explained before, many items they sell aren't in stock and are subject to lead time(s) from where it is coming from. Especially OEM parts.

Imaging you owning an e-commerce site and you sell everything from your local dealer. They have to order parts to the manufacturer. Many sites we shop from are part-time businesses.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #19
Jason@DSG

Drives: 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Many sites we shop from are part-time businesses.
Definitely, that's why pick and choose your vendors wisely

Also, I've been hit with fees by EMS before -- not often, but I've seen it happen (that's why I'm sure you wrote "almost no"). Most of the time it goes through but it's a possibility.

Thank you to @N1rve for sharing his experience though. This is important for other people in making a future decision!
Jason@DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #20
caffeinejunky
hella stock

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I ordered through Japan parts about half a year ago, and it took about two weeks for me to get a tracking #. I'd say it's the norm to wait a while, I ordered a few things from different sites based in Japan and the wait was the same as well.

And as far as import fees, so far with japanparts I wasn't hit with any, from other stores though I've been hit with some fees. (For figures, not parts)