follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2020, 12:41 AM   #57
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
First thing to address is the suspension. For this, I picked up a set of CSG spec Tein SRC. These include a reservoir on the rear, which is a penalty for NASA TT5. I plan to offset that penalty by running >100tw tires (Nankang AR-1, specifically).

These coilovers also come with the EDFC Active Pro set up. I think it'll be fun to mess with in HPDE sessions and private track days, but I plan to keep it deactivated during competition.

Luckily these came with some spare parts, as one of the wiring harnesses is pretty beat up and missing the connector. I'll replace that one, but leave the other 5 as-is. I also need to figure out where to run the orange cable for vehicle speed in order to use the active damping by speed feature. I've seen a diagram somewhere on this forum from back in the day where someone found VSS on a 24-pin connector behind the headunit. It was for a Subaru BRZ, but I believe the FR-S monogram/Alpine unit might have it as well.

I also got a ChillOut v2 system. Being in Texas, we do a lot of trackdays in the heat and humidity. I've just been swapping shirts every session or two, but there have been several occasions where heat exhaustion has hit me mid-session. It's scary going into a turn and forgetting what pedal is the brake pedal, so hopefully this will help with that. I plan on reusing some of the wiring from the air/sound set up to power this.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2020, 11:35 AM   #58
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Requested the baseline settings and install guide for the coilovers from CSG. I believe they were at GTA this weekend, so hopefully they get to my email sometime this week. May begin the teardown on the car soon.

For used coilovers, any suggestions on preventative maintenance? I know some folks like to clean and lubricate the threads.

Tags
hpde, rice, stance, track