follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 10-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #1541
WhitePlainsBRZ

Drives: WR Blue Mica Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojokik View Post
@WhitePlainsBRZ

Can you post the pic of your BRZ?

Thanks!
Hi.

The car will be finished by Saturday or Monday as they are painting some parts of the body kit.

I will post pictures tomorrow -unfinished state with the rims / wheels etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by WhitePlainsBRZ; 10-02-2013 at 09:42 PM.
WhitePlainsBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #1542
pearlhatchiroku

Drives: pearl white eighty six
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@WhitePlainsBRZ yup almost 200k less the total is more than fair enough considering the car has never been driven with the modded parts in it, parts are pratically bnew, if u dont mind can u pm me d price of the hks sc

A bit of questions guys
1. does upgrading your IHE void the warranty? and to those who hav had theirs upgraded already how much milage did u have when u did the upgrade?
2. how much would be the gain in IHE upgrade w/ and w/o tune?
3. Is it even worth the 100k something for the gain, or is it more logical to just go w/ FI, either a low boost turbo, or SC w/ a low pully, maybe just to go around 230ish? but that wont happen until i put some serious milage on the car

but the thing with the darkside is once u go that route thers no turning back hehe, hav had 2 turbos before, and my experience is u can never crank up that boost controller enough hehe

TIA have a great week end
pearlhatchiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #1543
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
On warranty, I was told that if I upgrade the ICE of my BRZ they will only void that. Other parts of the car will still be covered by warranty.

For those living in the Philippines which would you choose? The VW Tiguan TDI or the Forester XT?
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #1544
pcuerpo

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@pearlhatchiroku, since these are engine mods, im assuming if anything happens to your engine, casa will not cover it but if anything else goes wrong like sa suspension, they should still cover it even with IHE.. for the gains and from what i'm seeing, parang around 200whp lang with IHE kaya alot are going with FI since gains are higher compared to how much you'll be spending

@Alabang BRZ, i've always been a fan of the FXT lalo na the previous body pero if i'll be concerned with the gas, i'd go with the VW since its a diesel
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:41 AM   #1545
Alabang BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post

@Alabang BRZ, i've always been a fan of the FXT lalo na the previous body pero if i'll be concerned with the gas, i'd go with the VW since its a diesel
I have the 3rd (2008) and 4th (2012) Gen Forester and both are great cars. Sadly, the 4th Gen became a victim of flood a few months ago and was declared a total loss by the insurance company.

Now, crunching numbers the more expensive Tiguan will be cheaper by P145,750 after running 100,000km. Assuming P43.xx for diesel and P53.xx for petrol and the Tiguan is sold at 1.99m and the Forester at 1.868m.

Forester starts being more expensive after 45,645km...

Last edited by Alabang BRZ; 10-06-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #1546
pcuerpo

@Alabang BRZ, maintenance can be expensive for Subarus lalo na if casa kaya i opted for the 86 rather than the BRZ

though i wonder how is the maintenance of the VW.. and even though diesel is cheaper, maintenance costs are higher afaik

IG: @pcuerpo.images
The Following User Says Thank You to pcuerpo For This Useful Post:
Alabang BRZ (10-06-2013)
Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #1547
dhoeze

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
with the cost... my vote goes to FI...
dhoeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #1548
pcuerpo

anybody here who has done a squared setup and placed 265/35/18 up front? the rims im looking at is +40 and 9.5 wide.. i'll be on stock shocks with Eibach lowering springs if ever.. will it fit and would i have any problems?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:28 AM   #1549
WhitePlainsBRZ

Drives: WR Blue Mica Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojokik View Post
@WhitePlainsBRZ

Can you post the pic of your BRZ?

Thanks!
Still unfinished so it has not been posted at the for sale section yet...
Attached Images

WhitePlainsBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #1550
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post

For those living in the Philippines which would you choose? The VW Tiguan TDI or the Forester XT?

depends on what your criteria is, if you want power then the XT is the most powerful in it's class. if you want comfort or luxury then i'd go with tiguan. the current XT's ride is a bit stiff compared to the previous gen XT's, plus the interior isn't as well built as the tiguan. but since the tiguan is a euro car and a diesel, i'm sure maintenance and parts will be more expensive than the XT. oh and you have to consider the cvt of the new XT, not a big fan of cvt's since they cause problems in the long run.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #1551
Alabang BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyshifter25 View Post
depends on what your criteria is, if you want power then the XT is the most powerful in it's class. if you want comfort or luxury then i'd go with tiguan. the current XT's ride is a bit stiff compared to the previous gen XT's, plus the interior isn't as well built as the tiguan. but since the tiguan is a euro car and a diesel, i'm sure maintenance and parts will be more expensive than the XT. oh and you have to consider the cvt of the new XT, not a big fan of cvt's since they cause problems in the long run.
Have you eyeballed the Tiguan and Forester in their respective showrooms in the Philippines?

Tiguan comes across to me as entry level with cloth seats vs the Forester's leather ones. Driver seat of the Tiguan is manual vs Forester's automatic seat. Electronics on the Tiguan are really lacking in comparison to the Forester.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #1552
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
anybody here who has done a squared setup and placed 265/35/18 up front? the rims im looking at is +40 and 9.5 wide.. i'll be on stock shocks with Eibach lowering springs if ever.. will it fit and would i have any problems?
@pcuerpo,

With a 265/35/18 up front and a +40 offset, the tires will stick out of the fender well and will also hit the front struts. The rears though would be fine. If you want to make the 265's fit the front, you will have to switch to coil-overs, stretch and pull the front fenders and go with massive negative camber. Aside from all the work needed to make the 265s fit, they are not advisable for the fronts as: a) they are heavy b) they will affect the steering feel adversely c) make your car slower. Maximum advisable for the fronts would be 245s.

Hope this helps you out.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NIKDENG For This Useful Post:
melon (10-08-2013)
Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #1553
grannyshifter25

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post
Have you eyeballed the Tiguan and Forester in their respective showrooms in the Philippines?

Tiguan comes across to me as entry level with cloth seats vs the Forester's leather ones. Driver seat of the Tiguan is manual vs Forester's automatic seat. Electronics on the Tiguan are really lacking in comparison to the Forester.
oh my mistake, didn't see the tigauns available in the philippine market yet. for me the build quality of the tiguan feels more solid compared to the forester. anyway not a big fan of vw since i've read lots of reliability issues abroad but if you don't keep cars that long then i guess that wouldn't be an issue. for the budget you have though, i'd test drive all the available cuv's in the market.
grannyshifter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #1554
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlhatchiroku View Post

A bit of questions guys
1. does upgrading your IHE void the warranty? and to those who hav had theirs upgraded already how much milage did u have when u did the upgrade?
2. how much would be the gain in IHE upgrade w/ and w/o tune?
3. Is it even worth the 100k something for the gain, or is it more logical to just go w/ FI, either a low boost turbo, or SC w/ a low pully, maybe just to go around 230ish? but that wont happen until i put some serious milage on the car
@pearlhatchiroku,

1. Upgrading your IHE will void the warranty of your original IHE. The rest of your engine warranty will still stand unless the casa can prove that an engine failure can be directly attributed to the IHE modifications. Started upgrading intake and exhaust after the break-in period.
2. Just bolting on IHE will net you little gains. The 4U-GSE boxer engine doesn’t like bolt-on modifications and the stock ECU tune is the limiting factor as it is set to run significantly rich across the powerband to make the engine last longer. Installing a good quality straight 2.5 inch exhaust system: catback exhaust, catless front pipe, overpipe and the 4-1 catless header with no ECU tuning will gain you just about 8-12whp and 8-10ft-lb of torque. Compare that to ECU tuning alone to make the system run a little leaner on a completely stock system which can easily gain you 10-12whp. Tuning the ECU with the IHE should net you another 10-15 whp and 8-10ft-lb of torque for a total of about 18-27whp / 16-20ft-lb of torque.
3. It is more logical to go straight to FI as you will never really be fully satisfied with the gains from IHE and ECU tuning which will be hard pressed to break 200whp which usually requires leaning out the fuel mixture to near limits which would be detrimental to engine longevity.

Last edited by NIKDENG; 10-08-2013 at 03:28 AM.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote