follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-24-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
Stranger5150

Drives: 2019 86 TRD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprintex s5-210 loose plastic fittings question

Just wondering what others are using to replace these fittings (the plastic ones on back of blower) or is there a way to seal them from leaking? I ordered the fittings that were recommended on the first post of the sprintex owner's post but do not have clearance to reinstall hoses with the straight style fittings. I'm super frustrated.. I've been working with my tuner for months trying to get this thing going but just cant get it correct. Finally was told it must be a boost leak and after going carefully over everything these fittings are the only thing I could see causing the issues with getting a good tune.
Stranger5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/344

Towards the bottom of the page they list 90° and 45° degree angle fittings you might be able to use instead.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
Stranger5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/126/344

Towards the bottom of the page they list 90° and 45° degree angle fittings you might be able to use instead.
Sweet thank you.. I had searched that sight but not good enough apparently. Has anyone tried these with any success??
Old 03-29-2020, 09:38 PM   #4
Stranger5150

Is no one running this kit anymore or? I figured there would be plenty of folks on here that own this kit and would be able to give some advise?? I find it hard to believe I'm the only one that has had this issue. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Could it be just bad tune all together? I can post logs if anyone would care to check them out... the tuner said 'something must have changed between his revision 6 and revision 7 tunes but the fittings have been there since day one of tuning.. and kinda makes me wonder now if maybe they weren't the problem. One other thing that I have been suspect of.. up until revision 7 of the tune a had the front bumper removed. I left the bumper off for easier leak checks. I run a Perrin CAI which once bumper was reinstalled ..atleast in my mind would completely change the amount of air getting ingested into the intake? The symptoms I was experiencing was at about 6k rpm I would get a stuttering and rpm fluctuation that eventually did produce a misfire code. Almost like traction control kicking in but traction control turned off.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #5
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
There is an active thread already dedicated specifically to this kit with lots of information about the fittings. If its the right threading and size no reason it wouldn’t work.

Many people have leaks at the manifold bcs of oring slipping and pinching on install,
Or the recirculating valve stops working properly, or the fitting on the recirculating valve cracks.

You can use thread sealant on the fittings if they are leaking for some reason but should be fine assuming you have hose clamps on all hoses and did not over tighten and crack the fittings or too loose to not properly seal.

What makes you think boost leak?
You have boost gauge to know how much boost your making?
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:38 AM   #6
Stranger5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
There is an active thread already dedicated specifically to this kit with lots of information about the fittings. If its the right threading and size no reason it wouldn’t work.

Many people have leaks at the manifold bcs of oring slipping and pinching on install,
Or the recirculating valve stops working properly, or the fitting on the recirculating valve cracks.

You can use thread sealant on the fittings if they are leaking for some reason but should be fine assuming you have hose clamps on all hoses and did not over tighten and crack the fittings or too loose to not properly seal.

What makes you think boost leak?
You have boost gauge to know how much boost your making?
Pulled manifold and o rings looked brand new.. could find no evidence of any sort of leak from this area. The tuner is the one that suggested boost leak. I was told to go over everything,clean maf sensor and re flash and run another log. Havent heard back from tuner but did experience same stutter at approx 6k rpm that I was before.i do not have a boost guage.. is it necessary with this setup? I did discover that after I pulled the manifold that the fitting running to the evap had oily residue around it and could be easily moved from side to side with minimal force. Hence me thinking this must be an issue if not the issue during the inspection other then that particular fitting all is tight and hose clamped down. I have yet to find anything on the owners thread but havent made my way threw all 512 pages or whatever it is.. maybe just havent seen this info yet..I'll continue to search
Old 03-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #7
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger5150 View Post
Pulled manifold and o rings looked brand new.. could find no evidence of any sort of leak from this area. The tuner is the one that suggested boost leak. I was told to go over everything,clean maf sensor and re flash and run another log. Havent heard back from tuner but did experience same stutter at approx 6k rpm that I was before.i do not have a boost guage.. is it necessary with this setup? I did discover that after I pulled the manifold that the fitting running to the evap had oily residue around it and could be easily moved from side to side with minimal force. Hence me thinking this must be an issue if not the issue during the inspection other then that particular fitting all is tight and hose clamped down. I have yet to find anything on the owners thread but havent made my way threw all 512 pages or whatever it is.. maybe just havent seen this info yet..I'll continue to search
if you have double checked everything else then.
what pulley are you using?
and when was the last time you changed your belt?
does it look like it is slipping?
it could also just be belt slip, that would cause a sputter and have resemblance to a boost leak as you would be making less boost.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:15 PM   #8
Stranger5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
if you have double checked everything else then.
what pulley are you using?
and when was the last time you changed your belt?
does it look like it is slipping?
it could also just be belt slip, that would cause a sputter and have resemblance to a boost leak as you would be making less boost.
I'm using the stock pulley and the belt looked brand new when I pulled it off along with the manifold. I will give it another look though. The whole kit probably has less then 50 miles on it due to me only driving it to take logs for the tuner. Thank you for your input.. belt slippage is not something I had thought of.. so definitely going out to re inspect now.