follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #57
Minovsky

Drives: Fr-s 2013 white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskymx View Post
Bingo! I didn't even think of adding first payment and tags to the capitalized cost. I'm so used to first payment and tags down. That makes total sense for a true $0 out of pocket lease.

Good to know that they weren't messing around with you.

Ruskymx
Heyy this is alittle off topic but do you know if i am able to add aftermarket parts to a leased scion frs? or when i return the car does it have to be factory flush?
Minovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #58
whitefrs
Love Boost!!!!!!!!

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Heyy this is alittle off topic but do you know if i am able to add aftermarket parts to a leased scion frs? or when i return the car does it have to be factory flush?
It has to be stock when u return ur lease
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
Minovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefrs View Post
sigh i've been trying to find alternatives to my fender pieces since i recently got hit and run and ive been to several body shops and they said its not fixable and need a new fender piece...
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #60
ruskymx

Drives: 13 HotLava FRS, 93 4Runner, 97 Taco
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
It should be as stock as possible. The fender garnishes probably won't be a big deal, but something like lowering springs, exhaust or stuff like that should be removed. I am keeping all the original parts that I replace on mine in case I return it. It all depends what happens with the 86 by 2015 that will determine whether I buy my lease out or turn it in a get a new version.

One thing that I have noticed that they are cracking down on is keys. It seems minor, but with the key fobs they have now and as expensive as they are, they are charging customers $250 for missing keys. The valet key is not a big deal, but the ones with the remotes built in are the issue. I have had two customers so far this year already turn in their leases from 2010 on Corollas and one person lost a key and the other decided to return it 3 weeks after turning the car in. Well, both called me this week to inform me that they received a bill for a missing key.

I was able to get the one persons fee waived because he leased a Rav4 after turning in the Corolla, but the other is SOL. Both customers knew at lease inception that they had to turn in all the keys to the car when the lease was over. We give brochures that explain excess wear and tear and what they could be charged for at the end when the lease starts and Toyota sends them the same thing shortly before the car is due to be turned in.

This stuff only applies if the vehicle is returned. Remember, that you have the option to sell, trade or buy it out at the end of the lease. If you have some mods done to the car, you may be able to sell it privately and recoup your money and not have to worry about it. If you are going to return it, get it back to stock so you don't have to worry about being charged for missing parts, etc.

Ruskymx
ruskymx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruskymx For This Useful Post:
Minovsky (03-06-2013)
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #61
Minovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskymx View Post
It should be as stock as possible. The fender garnishes probably won't be a big deal, but something like lowering springs, exhaust or stuff like that should be removed. I am keeping all the original parts that I replace on mine in case I return it. It all depends what happens with the 86 by 2015 that will determine whether I buy my lease out or turn it in a get a new version.

One thing that I have noticed that they are cracking down on is keys. It seems minor, but with the key fobs they have now and as expensive as they are, they are charging customers $250 for missing keys. The valet key is not a big deal, but the ones with the remotes built in are the issue. I have had two customers so far this year already turn in their leases from 2010 on Corollas and one person lost a key and the other decided to return it 3 weeks after turning the car in. Well, both called me this week to inform me that they received a bill for a missing key.

I was able to get the one persons fee waived because he leased a Rav4 after turning in the Corolla, but the other is SOL. Both customers knew at lease inception that they had to turn in all the keys to the car when the lease was over. We give brochures that explain excess wear and tear and what they could be charged for at the end when the lease starts and Toyota sends them the same thing shortly before the car is due to be turned in.

This stuff only applies if the vehicle is returned. Remember, that you have the option to sell, trade or buy it out at the end of the lease. If you have some mods done to the car, you may be able to sell it privately and recoup your money and not have to worry about it. If you are going to return it, get it back to stock so you don't have to worry about being charged for missing parts, etc.

Ruskymx
Its because one of my fender has been bumped into and now is bent inwards slightly... i dont want to spend 1k and have to go back to stock where i can get maybe a wide fender part instead..sigh...hit and run is horrible thing... i guess i could sell it if i really wanted to at the end of my lease i guess if i end up getting a wide fender part
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #62
Gusto
Valley 86 SoCal !

Drives: whiteout frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
im leasing mine for around 360$ a month with tax with 2000 down. I also got an alarm system with it. Im a student with a part time job im prolly going to be done with school when im done with my lease, so ill prolly get a bigger or better car. Leases just make sense for people who dont want to buy used but still want a good car to drive. Bmws are the ultimate leasing machines.
Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #63
frs4now

Drives: MB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ruskymx, thx for the lease info. and evaluations. How is the current frs lease program? Any improvement on residual and lease rate? Are dealers still leaseing at MSRP or at a discount?
frs4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #64
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
im leasing for 320/mo after $2k down after them covering about $1700 negative equity on my trade and getting the more expensive automatic. No options besides the auto part but im very pleased with my deal. The negative equity being covered basically wiped out all down payment and I got it for cheap.

oh yeah that includes wheel and tire insurance, tax, and first months payment included
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #65
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefrs View Post

or just buy it out at the end, which should be roughly $16-18k and they wont give a fuck. that's my plan.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #66
Verbal21

Drives: 370Z
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to gravedig but this thread was a big help in researching about leasing vs financing. I was originally planning on trading in my RSX to finance an FRS, but would it be dumb to trade it in to lease one instead?

I'm in the group that's looking forward to a turbo twin in the future, but I know I'd still like to be able to drive an FRS until then and I think a lease would be perfect. Anybody think it'd be a bad idea?
Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote