follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #1583
cal

Drives: 15 BRZ/BMW 128i
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking forward to buying a new BRZ as well.
cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #1584
Seba

Drives: BRZ Cosworth SC MY16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hi everyone!

I just want to say hello to all forum members. I have ordered my BRZ in october. Probably will get it in march or april. I just wanted to have a MY16 model for the re sale value. And I don't need a car during a winter time. Now, I am collecting some goodies and planning mods. It will be a sport version with leather seats ant tinted windows.

What color? CWP of course !

greetings from Poland

Seba
Seba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #1585
lonnster

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ. Fully stock... fo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. Picked up my BRZ 10 days ago and I've been grinning ever since. Still breaking her in but not too far off the 1600km mark already. This is my first sports/performance car and I'm looking forward to doing some mild upgrades. Nothing too crazy. Yet. My car history isn't that exciting but I'm hoping my car future will be. Looking forward to sharing and learning from you.
lonnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #1586
Cybmx

Drives: 2016 Hyperblue Brz
Hello, new guy from PA. Just traded-in my 2006 Z4m for a hyperblue BRZ. Liking it so far. a little slower in straight line compare to my old car, but handles very well otherwise. Hopefully the running cost on the track will be way lower than the bmw
Cybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #1587
KrisisOD

Drives: Subaru BRZ Hyper Blue
I posted this in the other new general thread as well, but thought it would be more relevant here.

Hello I'm Kristen. I've currently got a deposit down on a 2016 Hyper Blue BRZ in NC. I'm really excited, but also very nervous as I'll be trading in my (fully paid off) 2008 Charger SRT8 super bee. The Hyper Blue is almost the same color as my Charger, which is part of the reason I love the car.

I love my charger, LOVE it, but I'm transferring schools after this spring and my commute is about to go from 5 minutes to about 2 1/2 hours every other day so the idea was to find a car that I didn't hate to drive that would get a little better gas mileage than my current one. I have loved the look of the Twins since the concept was released and not having a family yet, it's a perfect time to get a fun little 2 seater while I still can!

I'm currently enjoy reading about all of your guys' love for your cars, and love the fact that in a couple years I'll have this one completely paid off and can still mod it as a fun car after the need for such a long commute is over.

Either way I really look forward to getting to know all of you, and having a manual car to drive daily will be exciting, as I haven't had one in a few years. (I do have a diesel truck I drive around during bad weather that's a manual.)

Have a great rest of your weekend!
KrisisOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:25 AM   #1588
Roto88

Drives: White BRZ Limited
New here from Los Angeles, just recently moved to Germany. I own a 2013 BRZ limited in white. Nice to be part of this great community, hope to learn a lot from everyone.
Roto88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:48 PM   #1589
scottbrz

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited PP
I recently picked up a 2016 BRZ Premium. It replaced a 2002 Miata that I had owned since new.

I'm still in the break-in period (carefully following the recommendation) and even still I really like the car. The chassis is absolutely superb out of the box, and the car really comes alive on a tight curvy backroad.

I can't wait to take it over to the mountains a little later before it gets too cold.
scottbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #1590
fuggin_tyler

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Bought a 2013 BRZ Premium used two months ago from a dealer! Came with Sparco wheels, Perrin exhaust, and a bunch of other goodies that i couldn't be happier with!

fuggin_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:14 AM   #1591
Claws

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws View Post
Hey there everybody! Just finalized all of my paperwork today for a nice shiny WR blue 2016 BRZ Limited today! My first new car purchase! I've been eyeing them since news of the release 4-5 years ago and with a new career started could finally afford one. No pics yet as I've got a dreaded 3 weeks to wait while she ships here ;(. I plan on making her as loud and bad as possible . Looking forward to joining the community!
Got the call from the dealer today while at work! Going to pick her up tomorrow ;]
Claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:11 PM   #1592
MaxBBurn
Can I add that on?

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Hi there. Name's Tony and I just joined the site after lurking on this for over a year.

I currently own a 2015 manual World Rally Blue BRZ (my favorite color though I admit that Lightning Red is coming to a close second). I used to own a 2014 Automatic WRB BRZ but I traded it in to get the 2015 manual. No regrets. I really enjoy driving the manual though I admit I sometimes miss using the shift paddles on the automatic. Strange, isn't it?

Anyhow. I've driven the car stock for over a year and I'm ready to making it a tuning project. Oh man I am so excited as I'm ready to pull the trigger on this next month or in January.

Also I'm here in Miami, FL where the weather is hot...hot and sometimes not super hot. Oh yeah the traffic is also fantastic. I mean wow who doesn't love stopping every 5 seconds in morning traffic am I right?

Yeah. Anyhow. I'm glad to be here.
MaxBBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #1593
Solsykness

Drives: Hyper Blue BRZ
I too have been lurking for awhile. I bought my Hyper Blue BRZ last Monday. I've managed to put a whopping 210 miles on it so far in the week that I've had it. I stumbled upon this special edition. I didn't even go to the dealership to look at a BRZ but it caught my eye as I walked through the showroom floor. This definitely isn't the fastest car, as the Evo I sold put down nearly twice the power, but it sure is a blast to drive. Can't wait to do some modifications. As of right now, this is the only Hyper Blue BRZ in Alaska.
Solsykness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:57 PM   #1594
Nab33

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
New here, wanted to say hello... Picked up a zero mile my16 premium , manual on Saturday. Look forward to modding and getting some track time on this thing!

Decided the first thing it needed was a good wash and polish:

Previous endeavor MKV VW R32:
Nab33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #1595
BFIFE22

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Been lurking for a while, but just struck a deal on a 2013 Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ Limited. It has a Perrin Intake, Exhaust, Toms red tails, and 17" Kosei K4R's. It didn't happen to be anyone's here did it? Haha
BFIFE22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #1596
Ben006

Drives: A flat engine but not a BRZ yet
Hi !
Benjamin, I'll be 24 in two weeks, and I'm French but I live in Florida!
I'm currently doing an associate degree at a Lincoln Tech institute in automotive technology, and I have 5 ASE certifications for now, but I'll have 9 in less than 2 months.

I own and daily drive a 986 Boxster 2.7L, but it's an 02, and it has 106 000miles.
I changed a lot of parts on it (clutch, flywheel, IMS bearing, headers, discs and pads, CV boots etc etc...), and I love it.
But it just costs too much to maintain (10 quarts of 20w50 every 6 months, that's about a 100$ with the filter !), and I'm afraid to take it on the track...

So, I'm here to gather information about the FR-S/BRZ twins.
I sat in both during the Miami autoshow and it was one of the only two interior that I liked along with the new MX-5 !
I like the driving position, the seats are nice, there's a big boot (compared to my standards at least !) and it even has two back seat if you cut your legs off !
I also like the engine's accessibility (except for the spark plugs... it's as painful as in the Boxster...) !

Well, now I need to test drive one !

I'll look to buy one in at least seven months from now as I can't right now.

Ben.
Ben006 is offline   Reply With Quote