follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #15
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mine is my DD. Put on 79 miles a day. Blast to drive. My weekend/bad weather car is my 04 stage 2 WRX wagon that I have owned for over 13 years. Both auto, sorry MT guys. Both cars a blast to drive. Both silver as well. Go team silver Subaru.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ernest72 For This Useful Post:
why? (11-07-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 09:34 PM   #16
Spec C Wannabe

Drives: 2017 WRB M/T BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
Mine is my DD. Put on 79 miles a day. Blast to drive. My weekend/bad weather car is my 04 stage 2 WRX wagon that I have owned for over 13 years. Both auto, sorry MT guys. Both cars a blast to drive. Both silver as well. Go team silver Subaru.

Hey!, I used to have 2004 WRX with some mods as well (VF39, STI intercooler, Pink Injector, ECU reflash....and all kind of other mods). I daily drove it for for 7 years then sold it. I found my WRX was fun to drive but sometimes it was too harsh to live with on the daily basis. May be because of my modifications to exhuast (a bit loud) and suspension (kind of stiff) that made the car too harsh for DD.

I am thinking long and hard about buying a BRZ for a fun car that can be daily driven but I'm not sure if I can live with it on a daily basis.

Could you provide your opinion on comparsion between the two since you have both WRX and BRZ at the same time?

Which one is more fun to drive on the daily basis?

Any mods you have done to your BRZ?

Thanks in advance for your kind opinions.
Spec C Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 02:35 PM   #17
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Love this thread. I DD my BRZ as well. Unfortunetly though that just means 20 min to the train station and back after work. But even that small amount of time is fun. I want to baby this car a little more. Paying her fully off in the next year so i might spring for another Ford Fiesta as my week car and my BRZ as my Weekend car.

I actually REALLY liked my old Fiesta (two cars before this) and would have bought instead of leased had i not already planned on getting my BRZ.
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:11 PM   #18
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C Wannabe View Post
Hey!, I used to have 2004 WRX with some mods as well (VF39, STI intercooler, Pink Injector, ECU reflash....and all kind of other mods). I daily drove it for for 7 years then sold it. I found my WRX was fun to drive but sometimes it was too harsh to live with on the daily basis. May be because of my modifications to exhuast (a bit loud) and suspension (kind of stiff) that made the car too harsh for DD.

I am thinking long and hard about buying a BRZ for a fun car that can be daily driven but I'm not sure if I can live with it on a daily basis.

Could you provide your opinion on comparsion between the two since you have both WRX and BRZ at the same time?

No mods except for front strut bar on BRZ.

Both are great to drive and so much fun. BRZ handles a bit better, has less body roll and has much better steering feel.

The WRX has more power and with many suspension mods handles really good. It's more practical because I need it for mountain biking, kayaking and hauling kids and various stuff.

Only get. BRZ if you have another car for hauling stuff or other needs. It really is a two person car, three if the person is small. You can get some stuff in the trunk with the seats down, but I don't bother since I have other cars.

Every time I switch it enjoy the drive and then switch back and enjoy them some more. Also snows on my WRX are the best for winter.

Really could not be happier, except maybe getting the power of the WRX in the BRZ, and getting the steering and mpg of the BRZ in the WRX.
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #19
calic

Drives: Subaru Brz
I remember when I first purchased my car. I was still working in a high pressure sales job. It was one of the greatest feeling to go after work and drive up ACH. And do runs after work. It's like you go up the mountain with all your stress and you come down a new person. I still love my car, it's everything that I've wanted in a car. And the power keeps me in check.

Instagram: limitedbreeze
calic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calic For This Useful Post:
Drambeenie (11-08-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #20
perryair
junior mafia

Drives: ‘20 sti limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C Wannabe View Post

i would also say that unless you're young and single (or have access to anither car) this is a hard car to dd. but some folks like tcoat dd theirs and im sure theyve figured out how to make it work.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #21
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,981 Times in 2,197 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The twins have tons of room when your other vehicles are motorcycles.
Perspective.
The Following User Says Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
calic (11-09-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #22
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryair View Post
i would also say that unless you're young and single (or have access to anither car) this is a hard car to dd. but some folks like tcoat dd theirs and im sure theyve figured out how to make it work.
Yeah this is true. I'm actually very close to purchasing a new Fiesta ST in the next few weeks as my more practical DD. it's cushier and the mileage is a tad better. Plus it can actually fit 4 people lol
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #23
Spec C Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
No mods except for front strut bar on BRZ.

Both are great to drive and so much fun. BRZ handles a bit better, has less body roll and has much better steering feel.

The WRX has more power and with many suspension mods handles really good. It's more practical because I need it for mountain biking, kayaking and hauling kids and various stuff.

Only get. BRZ if you have another car for hauling stuff or other needs. It really is a two person car, three if the person is small. You can get some stuff in the trunk with the seats down, but I don't bother since I have other cars.

Every time I switch it enjoy the drive and then switch back and enjoy them some more. Also snows on my WRX are the best for winter.

Really could not be happier, except maybe getting the power of the WRX in the BRZ, and getting the steering and mpg of the BRZ in the WRX.

This is exactly what I thought when I test drove the BRZ.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:53 PM   #24
Gunman

Drives: 2019 Mazda Miata RF
Thanked 1,317 Times in 736 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
When I worked for Bob Riley, he once told me that his Ferrari 360 was the best stress reduction medicine, and that everyone should have one. I couldn't afford that, but the BRZ does quite well at relieving stress.
Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #25
alan.chalkley

Drives: 4wd zooks
After driving an automatic yaris work car all week , I desperately need manual brz therapy!
alan.chalkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #26
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
keep pointless argument & name calling out
Old 11-09-2016, 11:05 PM   #27
Spec C Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryair View Post

By the way, I am currently driving an IS250 sedan on a daily basis. I will keep the IS. It is quite a comfy car to drive and I like the luxury feeling of driving it. I just want something rawer and truer to the driving experience.

If I do get the BRZ, it will be an alternate Daily Driver of my IS250.