follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*Official Visconti Tuned Feedback Thread* - Suggestions, Comments, Questions

Hey everyone!

John and I wanted to start an official feedback thread where we can have an open forum for questions, comments and suggestions on our calibrations. So if you're an existing customer, or if you're ready to flash but you're still not sure who to go with.. or maybe you have some good ideas about how we can improve our product; we want to hear from you!

This will hopefully be a good outlet for us to efficiently answer the most common questions we receive, but more importantly, to provide our user base with the opportunity to comment or critique our maps, to submit feature requests, or just simply share your results.

We get a lot of positive feedback on these forums, and we're extremely grateful for it. But we'll never stop working to improve on our calibrations, and we would love to hear your ideas!
Rich@ViscontiTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
AllDayJonRay

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Do you have any plans or intentions of support (tunes) for the newly released Nitrous Express FRS/BRZ kit?

If so, do you foresee the ability for any cool/unique/interesting control integration?

'13 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S || K&N Drop-In, SpeedFactory V1 Cat-Back || Moto-East tuned

Join the 86 Owners Clan on Clash of Clans: "86 Owners" Password: "fa20" || Help us take over the world || Thread
AllDayJonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Jay Jr

Drives: 04/2013 BRZ-L
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How many miles would you like to see on a new car before tuning and allowing WOT tests: 500-1000mi?
Jay Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm always left guessing at what the latest tune is, as I'm sure others are also.

Could you please post some details either in your first post or your signature of the latest version ? Might save you guys alot of needless tickets and questions if we knew beforehand

For example: Pumpgas v1.1

Thanks
cuddefred (03-23-2013), SkAsphalt (03-25-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
post a fucking dyno for the Innovate kit!!!

Maybe a website to order stuff from. Let me think, you guys sell crawford parts, the vortech kit, possible the Innovate kit, your own tune, you could list dyno tuning prices, I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing. It would also be nice to see Visconti's dyno numbers for the parts he sells in one convenient place. Then again, if you guys start that you might need to rent a warhouse.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Pete (03-25-2013), ShoNUFF (03-24-2013), tripjammer (03-25-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
UncleFester

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I'd like to see information posted in a organized manner in an alternate place, such as a customer forum or on a Visconti Website.

I don't live on these forums, nor do I want to. I don't like having to read through countless posts to find one piece of information.
UncleFester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UncleFester For This Useful Post:
AllDayJonRay (03-23-2013), feldy (03-23-2013), Laika (03-23-2013), ShoNUFF (03-24-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Dyno's for the latest versions of the tunes would be good. Ta.
cuddefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jr View Post
How many miles would you like to see on a new car before tuning and allowing WOT tests: 500-1000mi?
You get a lot of mixed information out there about late model break-in periods and if they're even necessary any more. I know Porsche, for example, claims no break in period is needed for their cars. They come from the factory with 35-40 miles on them which they say is enough. But I know from experience on the F10 M5, you need to run the car for 1,000 miles before BMW will even "unlock" the full performance map of that car. You bring it back to the dealership once you reach the mileage and they do a service update to load in the "real" performance map.

In my opinion, I think it's more important to take it easy for the first 500 miles or so when you're running a higher compression engine (as is the case with the FA-20 platform and my M5 example). But I think the mandatory break in periods of yore are becoming less and less necessary; just like the "mandatory" oil changes every 3,000 miles.

Bottom line: I'd give 'er about 500 miles before you really start pushing the limits .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich@ViscontiTuning For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (03-25-2013), XPR Small Block (03-23-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
If I get a turbo kit like the avo kit what sort of retunes can I expect? Lets say i buy the base kit and put it on a stock car and get a tune from you guys.

Later I get MAF/turboback/Aculator W/E would i get a free retune to take advantage of these upgrades?
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
I'm always left guessing at what the latest tune is, as I'm sure others are also.

Could you please post some details either in your first post or your signature of the latest version ? Might save you guys alot of needless tickets and questions if we knew beforehand

For example: Pumpgas v1.1

Thanks
Absolutely.. we have a lot of improvements in the works which we're working hard on to put out as soon as possible. This will be one of them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
post a fucking dyno for the Innovate kit!!!

Maybe a website to order stuff from. Let me think, you guys sell crawford parts, the vortech kit, possible the Innovate kit, your own tune, you could list dyno tuning prices, I'm sure there's other stuff I'm missing. It would also be nice to see Visconti's dyno numbers for the parts he sells in one convenient place. Then again, if you guys start that you might need to rent a warhouse.
Just like above; and @UncleFester, I'm including your suggestions too. We are diligently working on a major website overhaul, where we can create a centralized hub for purchasing, detailed product information and comparison data, calibration updates, support, etc., etc. We have a clear plan or "trajectory" in mind, but part of the reason we wanted to start a thread like this is so our customer base will have the opportunity to make suggestions as we're building all of these improvements. Because after all, this is our primary user base. And you guys deserve to have an input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleFester View Post
I'd like to see information posted in a organized manner in an alternate place, such as a customer forum or on a Visconti Website.

I don't live on these forums, nor do I want to. I don't like having to read through countless posts to find one piece of information.
Thank you for the feedback!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich@ViscontiTuning For This Useful Post:
Calum (03-23-2013), JPxM0Dz (03-23-2013), SkAsphalt (03-25-2013), tripjammer (03-25-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
interested in flex fuel for the vortech stage2 kit, I'm at 10psi today
talk to me..
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
ft86me

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
I'd definitely like to comment on the stg1 tune. Absolutely amazing tune in my opinion. It fixed the crappy idle and have noticed the mpg get better for me. It's actually better despite rippin on it once in a while. Also noticed a very good increase in power all across the board but it really picks up in the mid range. Launch control is fantastic and so the no lift shifting. In terms of the racerom traction control, all I'm going to say is...super fun. It's a little bit more "free" in terms of traction control and definitely lets you have more fun with it. I'd have to say the way you change maps is pretty damn impressive too. Overall, absolutely love it. Can't wait to get the forced induction tune for my next upgrade soon.
ft86me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ft86me For This Useful Post:
AllDayJonRay (03-23-2013), Rich@ViscontiTuning (03-24-2013), Visconti (03-24-2013)
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
brichard0625

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
It would be cool for you guys to have a blog with updates on what current goodies you guys have coming out/or working on as well as updates on what kits you guys have been working on.

Also would be cool to know what current bolt-on parts you guys support so far. I know there are various intakes you guys have updates for but a lot of people might not know which ones you guys already support.

Also would be cool to have a dedicated section for e85 locations where users can put their findings. I've found some stations that are not on the e85station websites so i know that would benefit a lot of people that are looking around for them.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #14
mobybrz

Drives: White 2013 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@ViscontiTuning View Post
This will hopefully be a good outlet for us to efficiently answer the most common questions we receive, but more importantly, to provide our user base with the opportunity to comment or critique our maps, to submit feature requests, or just simply share your results.
Glad to hear it. I definitely agree with the other comments about information organization. I honestly think just a locked/limited reply thread in the vendor area would be a good start. Prevents having to wade through the war zone of the support thread (not Johns fault) to get just up to date information. Either that or a better curated Q&A post at the front of the thread. I know John has been extremely busy and what happened with the group buy was probably the inevitable by product of success but just want to see it not happen to really good people trying to benefit the community.

The other comment I have is that I for one would like some clarification of the "other tuners" vs. Visconti vs. ECUtek. I think it leads to a lot of questions and a lot of Visconti getting blamed for ECUtek issues, or rules, or problems. A lot of it seems to be because John is actually willing to communicate stuff and explain rather than just referring people to ECUtek. But that leads to some confusion on my parts of whether John has a special relationship with ECUtek or is just a normal vendor or is their actual representative. Just my .02 :happy0180:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard0625 View Post
Also would be cool to have a dedicated section for e85 locations where users can put their findings. I've found some stations that are not on the e85station websites so i know that would benefit a lot of people that are looking around for them.
You can submit those to the website in question:
http://e85vehicles.com/e85/index.php?board=77.0
mobybrz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
looks good lolfire, viscontifried