follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #43
G_Rossney

Drives: 2013 BRZ, Limited, 6spd MT, GBS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to G_Rossney Send a message via MSN to G_Rossney Send a message via Yahoo to G_Rossney
Prefer not to drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
i'd perfer to pay a little more to not drill anything.....
I agree, I'd prefer not to drill anything. I'd like to see it be a little wider to allow more foot on the brake and roll over to flip the accelerator.
G_Rossney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G_Rossney For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #44
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Necro status achieved

I got a cusco but only because the pedal in the OP was not available. If someone made the preproduction pedal I would buy it and get rid of my cusco in a minute.

The cusco seemed a tad bit "high" initially, but I have since gotten used to it. Now the only factor inhibiting my heel toe is knowing how much pressure to give to get the proper revs for the lower gear ^_^
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #45
Celadrielas

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I'm not a contortionist either, but I don't have any issues heel-toe shifting under any reasonable brake force. I have been gramma driving lately to see how high I can get my MPG (currently 27.9 all city) and that's been putting the vehicle in nuetral and virtually costing to each stop.

Otherwise it heel-toes almost just like my subie used to
Celadrielas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #46
ハチロク

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I have been driving stick for a few years now but it was only when I borrowed my dad's honda accord. This is my first real daily driver stick. needless to say I never learned how to heel toe and i'm still getting used to driving my car (drives very different to an accord)
anyway do you think the cusco pedal would be helpful to learning heel toe???

I can reach the stock pedal alright when i'm breaking hard but sometimes my foot slips off the break causing me to lurch forward (not the best or safest when cornering) so i'd like to be able to practice while i'm not breaking as hard but I just can't seem to reach the pedal.

any help? suggestions? would the pedal help?
ハチロク is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #47
SlinkyAvalanche

Drives: Whiteout 6MT
Not sure where I saw this, but a while back I saw some sort of clip on extension for the left side of the accelerator. Tried a quick google search to find it but had no luck.

Do the extended pedals help? I am a heel/toe 'roller' with the side of my foot and sometimes i feel like I'm barely on the brake when trying to reach the accelerator.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #48
ハチロク

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkyAvalanche View Post
Not sure where I saw this, but a while back I saw some sort of clip on extension for the left side of the accelerator. Tried a quick google search to find it but had no luck.

Do the extended pedals help? I am a heel/toe 'roller' with the side of my foot and sometimes i feel like I'm barely on the brake when trying to reach the accelerator.
There were a couple examples of widened pedals in earlier posts in this thread. The best by far in my opinion is the first image of the pre production pedal (though I can't find it for sale anywhere ). It didn't make it to production because of risks of "accidental acceleration" Stupid Lawyers ... I feel like for me slipping off of the break is more of a threat that accidentally hitting the gas pedal.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #49
ricerocket93

Drives: BRZ
Garage
They have that pedal in Taiwan!
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...836#post914836
ricerocket93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #50
ハチロク

Garage
I would totally buy one from Taiwan if I knew how....
Old 11-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #51
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Necro status achieved

I got a cusco but only because the pedal in the OP was not available. If someone made the preproduction pedal I would buy it and get rid of my cusco in a minute.

The cusco seemed a tad bit "high" initially, but I have since gotten used to it. Now the only factor inhibiting my heel toe is knowing how much pressure to give to get the proper revs for the lower gear ^_^
FYI, there is... correction, there ARE 3 pedals from the concept are in US. One of em is owned by Moto-san

Old 11-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #52
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
lol @ "heel-toe friendly" pedal for automatics
Old 06-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #53
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Slight update. Lot of time spend, several people contacted .. couldn't find/get this prototype & taiwanese pedal or it's P/N. Got one looking similar, by Neoplot:

But even with it alone, it still wasn't perfect at H&T position. Better then stock, but still lower then brake pedal and too close to center tunnel wall.
Then i got pedal assembly spacer (G-speed/PST one, 15mm to brakes, 5mm down, 25mm to driver, similar to Velox's, minus up-down adjustment). With spacer pedal was a bit too close to driver and it's lower angled part too close to brake pedal, requiring to bend feet back too far & too often together with brakes misspressing gas. Pedal itself is high quality alu billet one .. but alone it isn't sufficient, and bad fit with available aftermarket spacers. I guess with custom spacer, that would place it just 5mm to brakes/15mm up/17mm to driver it would do better, but as of now i mounted back stock pedal + mentioned spacer. Seems about best position for H&T. In future considering making custom spacer.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #54
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Sorry for re-up the thread; it looks like the pre-production pedal is same level with brake but in the same position, am I wrong?
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 06:48 PM   #55
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
I "guess" that preproduction one probably is very close to placement of stock, just is different shape with, longer and angled bottom.

But as most probably noone will be able to get it (and accordingly to measure too), it doesn't matter what it might have been, as all we'll ever see it - in old pics.

As for neoplot's, "visually" closest to preproduction one, i posted above overlay pic where it's lower+angled+slightly closer to driver. Also about my experiences with it (too close & high if with spacer, better then stock without spacer, but prefering stock pedal+spacer).
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:38 PM   #56
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Can you please confirm that all stock pedals have the same position? Mine is about 1 inch lower that the brake one...
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote