follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old Today, 02:04 PM   #1
Devante
Crescent fresh at best.

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S - Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GF ran over median. Smooshed front jack point.

Hey everyone.

Long story short, she drove over the median at an intersection head on.
Surprisingly the bumper somehow didn't get hurt but she did some pretty bad damage to the part that is the front jack point.

Seems this is connected to the hood latch above because now the hood latches but has enough play I'm scared to drive on the highway.

She also demolished the large metal plate protecting the catalytic converter and oilpan.
I had to get a new one. The catalytic converter itself has a big dent in it but nothing is rattling inside.

I took a look and the best way I can describe it is that the jack point is smooshed up.

Please see the image here: https://i.imgur.com/hqgqJsX.png

So my question is kinda... what would you guys do?
I've already jacked it up by that point since and it SEEMS strong still.

My friend says my options are basically have a body shop try and pull that part down again to fix the hood issue. Or else see if they can get a new one and spot weld it (wouldn't fix the hood problem though).

I don't even really know what to call that part. I just call it jack point but it's spot welded to the body itself it seems.

Just looking for some advice guys. Thank yoU!
Devante is offline   Reply With Quote