follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #29
ERA
Banned

Drives: .
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_E_L View Post
i definitely don't have much in terms of skill and am still learning the basics but i find it fun and when i get something i like once in a blue moon, it makes me all the more happy.

edit: these are poor scans i know

and another one of my hobbies:

cool stuff
ERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
tr1x5tuh
The Original Super Saiyan

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farugah View Post
Love them both got the 35mm from B&H Photo for $200 which is a bargain as locally in aus they sell for about $500, but as I said I have no idea what im doing really I just fiddle with all the settings until the shot comes out as acceptable, I havent tried any PP yet. For a zoom lens id imagine that the 18-200mm would be better. Was looking to get a 50mm 1.4 but have had to save $$ after the accident to buy a new car.
sorry to hear about the accident... i dint really get into shooting until about a year ago. all i did was fiddle with my sony without reading the manual-_- then when i got my d700 with the 50mm 1.8 which i got for a sick a$$ deal from my uncle he made damn sure i read the manual before he gave me the battery for the damn thing lol best to read the manual u will learn alot about your camera and help u understand why it does what it does and how to change it
tr1x5tuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #31
farugah

Drives: Subaru Liberty 3.0RB '05
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1x5tuh View Post
sorry to hear about the accident... i dint really get into shooting until about a year ago. all i did was fiddle with my sony without reading the manual-_- then when i got my d700 with the 50mm 1.8 which i got for a sick a$$ deal from my uncle he made damn sure i read the manual before he gave me the battery for the damn thing lol best to read the manual u will learn alot about your camera and help u understand why it does what it does and how to change it
Haha yeah ive got the manual on my desk at work, I know what most of the stuff does now but I run it at full manual mode I should probably run it in one of the other A/S/P modes.
farugah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #32
tr1x5tuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by farugah View Post
Haha yeah ive got the manual on my desk at work, I know what most of the stuff does now but I run it at full manual mode I should probably run it in one of the other A/S/P modes.
ehhh i always shoot in manual mode and focus manually unless i am at a party or an event... try setting your wb to auto :happy0180:
Old 11-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #33
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I'm a noob in photography but I want to start trying as a hobby. I kinda need 2 buy a top of the line point and shoot camera that is really up there. Anybody have suggestions?
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #34
tr1x5tuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
I'm a noob in photography but I want to start trying as a hobby. I kinda need 2 buy a top of the line point and shoot camera that is really up there. Anybody have suggestions?
that my friend is any easy choice,,,,, sorry im bias because i have one. i suggest the new sony alpha nex5 or u can wait i think a couple of week and u would be able to get the new and improved soney alpha nex 7 its way better with alot of upgrades,,, but if u are planning to get into as a hobby just get a moderate camera kit like the nikon d7000 kit of d4000 kit.. u dont really have to go all out... to me its 50% lens, 40% body and 10% flash depending on what u shoot. do a ot of research before u jump into a camera set up it will save u some money. u dont have to buy brand new gear also. u can find great deals on 3bay or cr4igsl15t if anything. but yea do ur research and u'll be fine.... dont go all out on your 1st set up....
Old 11-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #35
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Just bought a GoPro!!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #36
tr1x5tuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
Just bought a GoPro!!
damn just like that??? i have to wait until the 15th -_- its either the iphone 4s... a new flash/lens..... or a gopro. if not ill just put it to a side for the xtra cash for the car
Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #37
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr1x5tuh View Post
that my friend is any easy choice,,,,, sorry im bias because i have one. i suggest the new sony alpha nex5 or u can wait i think a couple of week and u would be able to get the new and improved soney alpha nex 7 its way better with alot of upgrades,,, but if u are planning to get into as a hobby just get a moderate camera kit like the nikon d7000 kit of d4000 kit.. u dont really have to go all out... to me its 50% lens, 40% body and 10% flash depending on what u shoot. do a ot of research before u jump into a camera set up it will save u some money. u dont have to buy brand new gear also. u can find great deals on 3bay or cr4igsl15t if anything. but yea do ur research and u'll be fine.... dont go all out on your 1st set up....
Thanks for the advice. Since I would be new I'm probably going to the best camera that I can settle for starters.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #38
AE86XGC8

Drives: Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
IMHO, a better camera doesn't make you a better photographer, just saying that you don't need to spend all your money oh the newest and the greatest. If you don't need a compact camera, I suggest a second hand Nikon D90 (they are around $500 body only) and a 50mm f1.8 is a great lens to start with I think.

if you want a more compact camera, I saw the Sony NEX5 on sale not too long ago for $350 (not sure how much they're right now), with the right adapter, it can use a lot of lens and not just sonys'.

oh and if you just want a point and shoot, the Canon S100 just came out, so you can look out for some
deals, one of the best compact out there,great details, great colour, great low light performance.

if you really want something top of the line, and don't mind spending, take a look at the
. it's $600, you can get a mirrorless with a bigger sensor for just a bit more money, nevertheless I think it's still a really good compact.

review:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...ressions.shtml
Old 11-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #39
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Holy Crap!!! there are many people here use pro DSLRs
I'm saving up to get Sony A77. :\
Old 11-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #40
sazu

Drives: Subaru
Hi all, I'm a Nikon D700 user. Non-professional. Just a hobby.
Here's my flickr : http://www.flickr.com/sazphoto. Feel free to add me.
sazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #41
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So many Nikon users. Mostly because.. 'hipster' haha JK! :P

Nikon cameras have wayyyyyy too much contrast built in it for my liking. It ruins natural lighting for me. Although it is perfect for portrait photography and still landscape.

<3 my canon. Lol

As for Zeta.

Don't jump into an expensive hobby without doing some research. Photography is a VERY expensive hobby and you really have to keep motivated in being creative with what you take. Otherwise you'll be like every other wanna-be photographer.

I agree with what GC8 says. You can pick up a rather decent PnS camera and be Ok. You won't have to worry about lens and too much about F, shutter speed and aperature setting.

Any turd can pick up a DSLR and call themselves a photographer. A real photographer knows how to work with his/her lens, manipulate what they want without PS and twist the rules of creativity.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #42
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
^ i hated working as a image enhancer for a wedding photography business. Because they take a billion shots a second, 80% of the time they get the camera settings wrong and i have to correct their mistakes via PS and lightroom. Its good business practice, but it makes me lose respect for the artistry of photography.