follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #15
Seiryuu

Drives: ZC6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Your car has a desirable MY and mileage on it but I would go even further and put back the stock springs. You might not get more money for it but it could increase the likelihood of someone being interested in buying. Your car is what I would be interested in checking out if it was stock.

People's taste in mods are different and they most likely not want what you have on it and go through the hassle of replacing the parts themselves after purchase.

It was very hard shopping for used Twins when I was looking because they are either too expensive for stock, too high mileage (wear and tear), too many mods... or some combination of the above. It was less of a headache, hassle, and more peace of mind to buy new for just a couple of grand more.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:26 PM   #16
ls1ac

Drives: BRZ, Noble M400, AC-LS7,1956 AC
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
If you want to get a realistic value in this economy. Go to CarMax and have them make you an offer. It is wholesale value, or what it should bring at an auction.
You should be able to get a little more as a private seller. Remember you are selling as is, where a dealer selling will often have a warrantee and can ask for more.
ls1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:08 PM   #17
anticubus

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcho19 View Post
Hi All!

I am planning on selling my 2018 BRZ Limited Performance Package, manual transmission. Purchased as new.

I just wanted to get some idea on my car price.

KBB says my car worths about $22,000 , but do you think I can really get that price for my car?

For details, my car mileage is at 30000 miles, got maintenance every 6000 miles and I have all the records.

Installed Eibach Pro kit springs, K&N air filter. No problem whatsoever for now.
I bought my base MY17 86 w/ 72mi on the odometer for $22K. It might have been an OH purchase vs CA, but KBB is off their rocker. Given facelifts still carry a nice premium over MY13-16 I'd expect $18-20K.

The problem is that you're fighting all the lease returns for MY17 and MY18 at this point. If they're on the lot as certified pre-owned w/ a warranty you'll have to come in under their avg price to entice buyers away from the dealer lots.

Time to do some local price shopping to get a better bead on the market for your trim in your area.
anticubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:33 PM   #18
billstock67

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
led fogs are an easy 15 minute install of $150 parts.

lol, what does 'premium sound' even mean? all these cars had the same sound system components since the first one's rolled off the line in 2012...

It was a $900.00 factory option. Code P3. 7" screen, "Premium Audio w/ Navigation". This is per original window sticker.
billstock67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:07 PM   #19
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaal View Post
Good day. I have a ford pickup truck, I want to sell it. Machine 2015 release, I bought it completely new in order to carry things to my country house. But the plans have changed and I need to move to another city. It turns out that I no longer need such a big car. I want to buy a new Toyota to move around the city.
i'll buy it for $15.
KR-S (06-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 01:56 AM   #20
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaal View Post
Good day. I have a ford pickup truck, I want to sell it. Machine 2015 release, I bought it completely new in order to carry things to my country house. But the plans have changed and I need to move to another city. It turns out that I no longer need such a big car. I want to buy a new Toyota to move around the city.
Name:  I have 3.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  44.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-19-2020)