follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-14-2016, 11:31 PM   #57
pLaydEad86

Drives: Scion FRS Hot Lava
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For those who have their panel fixed by an auto body shop. What happened to the factory orange peel that the repainted panel had? Was it still there?
pLaydEad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:10 AM   #58
nova.86
Legendary Member

Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangy View Post
you sound like that douche in this video
that video was pretty bad to watch hahaha
Old 01-15-2016, 07:39 AM   #59
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Hyundai Veloster...... enough said.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:38 PM   #60
NOHOME

Drives: RAVEN
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Condolences to the OP. Shit happened nobody hurt and life does move on.

You guys need to learn to drive in a real intersection. My first trip to the UK, having never driven on the wrong side of the road and driving a lefthand drive car, I ran into this beauty in Swindon. I will admit to panic. Known as the Swindon Magic Roundabout. How there was not carnage everyday I do not know. DID NOT take a second trip through it.

NOHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #61
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
This one is pretty excessive, but in general roundabouts are great. I'd love to have the 4-way stop in the middle of my neighborhood replaced with a roundabout. I suspect there would be far less honking, fewer accidents, and faster traffic flow.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #62
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,919 Times in 16,467 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
This was the most interesting roundabout I ever ran across ....... back in the 60s ....... driving a VW bug ...... with a misconception of who had the right of way .......

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
mdm (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #63
mdm
not a twin owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
This was the most interesting roundabout I ever ran across ....... back in the 60s ....... driving a VW bug ...... with a misconception of who had the right of way .......

I drove there in 2000, I guess there was much more traffic than in the 60s. Knowing the right of way was one thing, probably as important was being very assertive in exercising this right.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #64
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
I drove there in 2000, I guess there was much more traffic than in the 60s. Knowing the right of way was one thing, probably as important was being very assertive in exercising this right.
Yep.......as far as being assertive, being in the military, with "USA" plates, and the French with an "attitude" against the military (in the 60's), driving a VW bug, ........ being "assertive" was walking a fine line .......

humfrz
Old 01-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #65
mdm
not a twin owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Yep.......as far as being assertive, being in the military, with "USA" plates, and the French with an "attitude" against the military (in the 60's), driving a VW bug, ........ being "assertive" was walking a fine line .......

I can imagine... I was driving a Fiat Uno, so there wasn't to much physical weight to my assertiveness, but at least I wasn't US military :-)
Old 01-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #66
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
I can imagine... I was driving a Fiat Uno, so there wasn't to much physical weight to my assertiveness, but at least I wasn't US military :-)
Brings to mind a "back in the day" military story about being assertive with the French.

In the front of my VW bug, I carried two, 20 liter plastic containers of gasoline, when I traveled outside of Germany.

So, on one border crossing into France, the border guards decided to search my car and found the extra gasoline. They told me that in order to cross, I would have to pay them, in French francs, a duty on the extra gas.

The "duty" came to more than twice what I had paid for the gas at the EES (European Exchange Service) station in Germany. So, I told them "no thanks" and went to turn around and they wouldn't let me till I paid the duty.

Now, I was getting pissed ...... so ....... I poured the extra gas in the ditch and went back into Germany. I refilled my containers at another EES station and went across the border at different border crossing.

Sorry for the flashback ........

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
mdm (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #67
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.86 View Post
that video was pretty bad to watch hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangy View Post
you sound like that douche in this video
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Hyundai Veloster...... enough said.

He was Dezoris on the forums here, and he actually contributed quite a bit to the forums, especially diagnosing issues everyone overlooked with the vortech supercharger kit when it was the first on the market and everyone wanted to grab one. Also he was the first person to do the DIY DI swap when some cars started getting the DI popping.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #68
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Its not just whether or not you could have avoided it. Its whether the other driver could have avoided you too. At this point, the fault could technically be on the other driver.
If he came out to turn and didn't see the other driver it doesn't matter whether or not the other driver could have evaded him. he was not completely in his lane (from what I read he was still turning), therefore the driver in his lane going straight had the right of way (the ability to evade doesn't factor into this, it does in situations where both would technically have had right of way or had been in their lane (if you are not completely engaged in your lane and the other car is you are at fault, unless that other person ran a stop sign or red light or they can prove he was driving recklessly)
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #69
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHOME View Post
Condolences to the OP. Shit happened nobody hurt and life does move on.

You guys need to learn to drive in a real intersection. My first trip to the UK, having never driven on the wrong side of the road and driving a lefthand drive car, I ran into this beauty in Swindon. I will admit to panic. Known as the Swindon Magic Roundabout. How there was not carnage everyday I do not know. DID NOT take a second trip through it.

because they actually know how to drive. We have roundabouts here and they had to change the panels leading up to them since people were too moronic to understand how it worked, now they have convoluted signs to help to morons understand. Thing is, for someone with logic and that actually understands how roundabouts work, it can be confusing (as it's indicated for morons).

That being said I'd proably crash in that roundabout (europe) just because it's on the other side and instinct would send me head on into traffic. (at least until I gfot used to being on the wrong side
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #70
nguyen_er

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
If he came out to turn and didn't see the other driver it doesn't matter whether or not the other driver could have evaded him. he was not completely in his lane (from what I read he was still turning), therefore the driver in his lane going straight had the right of way (the ability to evade doesn't factor into this, it does in situations where both would technically have had right of way or had been in their lane (if you are not completely engaged in your lane and the other car is you are at fault, unless that other person ran a stop sign or red light or they can prove he was driving recklessly)
Yeah I'm not saying it's not my fault. But damn I have no clue where the car came from. I would have seen him driving in the inside lane cause I was sitting there for a good 3-4 minutes waiting for an opening. I really think he switched lanes because the car in front of him was slowing down and turning right into my neighborhood.
Insurance only gave me 3400 to fix my car. Toyota quoted me 7000. Gonna have Toyota contact them...
nguyen_er is offline   Reply With Quote