follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Astroboy

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Any srt exhaust owners here running headers to go with your exhaust?

I am planning on buying some headers to go with my headerback exhaust and just wanted to see if I could have some sound clips. I've searched everywhere already...
Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
mjsivee

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SRT HEADERBACK EXHAUST

I got the UEL REV Works headers with my SRT Headerback system.... I was running no cats at the time..

It was so loud I couldn't even hear people when I was talking to them in my car or listening to my music..I knew another person with the same set up, and they got rid of it real quick (way to LOUD).

Eventually an opportuity came up and I picked up a HKS Legamax Exhaust, Motiv High Flow Cat, Motiv Overpipe, and UEL REV Workls Header...And it sounds amazing...
mjsivee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mjsivee For This Useful Post:
Astroboy (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Astroboy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsivee View Post
I got the UEL REV Works headers with my SRT Headerback system.... I was running no cats at the time..

It was so loud I couldn't even hear people when I was talking to them in my car or listening to my music..I knew another person with the same set up, and they got rid of it real quick (way to LOUD).

Eventually an opportuity came up and I picked up a HKS Legamax Exhaust, Motiv High Flow Cat, Motiv Overpipe, and UEL REV Workls Header...And it sounds amazing...
I already love the sound of my srt headerback as it is. I was thinking of going with the ft86speedfactory headers... And maybe getting a sound resonator aswell then I guess..
Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Astroboy

Garage
Quote:

Btw how did it sound with the srt? Good bad or did it sound like a horrible fart cannon?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
kALMIGHTY
Banned

Drives: TRD Ultramarine '13
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Youtube subaruwrxfan. He has a full header back SRT exhaust and even though it sounds great, he is planning on swapping it out for something quieter.
kALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
mjsivee

If you go with the ft86speedfactory headers i would get the one that is catted, and you could try and get a custom sound resonator from a local shop

just so you know the drone is going to be worse than what you temporary have...and yes it was a straight fart cannon and a cop magnet..Anything over 2rpm was so loud my radio had to be on at least a 40 volume in order to hear the music..

The srt exhaust was amazing when i oot it, and yea it some what became quieter after about 800 miles, but coupled with the REV WORKS headers, it wasn't enjoyable..I like loud shit!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epTJFO77NPI"]Subaru BRZ w Rev Works UEL header + Full Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

It was like this times 5 in drone ..... mine did not sound anything like this..
Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
my rasp machine

its a borla uel and a straight header back , the SRT system isn't muffled that much to be honest so you wont be that far
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGJ3pWSDTI"]Frs Exhaust - straight pipe with a borla UEL - YouTube[/ame]
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:09 AM   #8
TOTO_86

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Which headers would you guys recommend?
Rev Works? Ft86 speed fact. catted?
Thanks...
TOTO_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
kidgogeta

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

how does the sound of your current setup sound compared to the SRT, thinking about switching it up as well to something quieter with headers don't wanna break the bank either tho.
kidgogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
mjsivee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidgogeta View Post
how does the sound of your current setup sound compared to the SRT, thinking about switching it up as well to something quieter with headers don't wanna break the bank either tho.
Its night and day..I love it so much. No drone at all, and when you hit 2rpm, its music to my ears.. its loud but its a good loud and you still hear the rumble. The hp gain is not to shabby as well. Im tuning my car right now with circuit motorsports, so i dont yet have final numbers but when i do, i can let you know..
The Following User Says Thank You to mjsivee For This Useful Post:
kidgogeta (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
CircuitJerk
Pull my finger...

Drives: Silver Scion Slushbox
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Stupid loud...LOL I've since kicked the SRT catback to the curb and replaced it with the P&L. Components are in the description.

[ame]http://youtu.be/_TBYLNC9WhY[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/9HnUBQIKdkU[/ame]
CircuitJerk is offline   Reply With Quote