follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
boucher
Leaux Down Krewe

Drives: 2014 SSM Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Anyone finish the Insanity workout?

I just ordered the program and I'm pretty excited about it. Just wondering if anyone had completed it, and if so, what were your impressions of it?
boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Everybody I know who tells me about their Insanity workout says it ends with them vomiting.

I'm not sure if that's actually part of the instructor-led program or not.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bestwheelbase For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012), Giccin (09-18-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
wallace03

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I never liked the idea of a fitness program, waste of money imo. If you commit to a workout routine like you would to any video program, then you will probably have better results. I have a close friend who did it for about two months, twice a day. Honestly i don't think he looks any different. I've also seen a group of people do it in the multi-purpose room at my gym, and they just look like average joes. My advice for getting in shape is vigorous muscle overloading. Increasing muscle mass will increase BMR, thus burning more calories through the day. Always practice good form, and stay committed. I'm 15 credit hours from getting my degree in exercise science, so i have decent credentials.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Well, all I can say my nutrition while working out was more important in helping me get any result.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZetaVI For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012), Giccin (09-18-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
JWMotoring

Drives: FR-S baby!
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
My wife started it. It wears here out. I'm not a fan of these programs personally.

I do like the ab and upper body (with weights) workouts though.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JWMotoring For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
mashal
DADA

Drives: 2013
Done it all, p90x as well

I-Tapatalk
mashal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mashal For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
trifenix

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You can choose any workout...just stick with it and do portion control. Healthy is a lifestyle change..not a fad diet.
trifenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trifenix For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,562 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
I tried it, its good for certain people who are looking for a certain level of body function.

If your trying to lose weight, you'll find that a good diet and good 3 day cardio is probably far more effective for shaving lbs and getting tone, for any given alloted time.

Id recommend Insanity or P90x only for people who are already very fit, and are looking for more performance, or training for a sport event who does not have access to a full gym, and needs to train at home or at a remote location.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Sall
Sallbaru

Drives: raven FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace03 View Post
I never liked the idea of a fitness program, waste of money imo. If you commit to a workout routine like you would to any video program, then you will probably have better results. I have a close friend who did it for about two months, twice a day. Honestly i don't think he looks any different. I've also seen a group of people do it in the multi-purpose room at my gym, and they just look like average joes. My advice for getting in shape is vigorous muscle overloading. Increasing muscle mass will increase BMR, thus burning more calories through the day. Always practice good form, and stay committed. I'm 15 credit hours from getting my degree in exercise science, so i have decent credentials.
omg what school are you goin to ? your getting a degree in exercise science??if any person is considering insanity obviously is because they have extra fat and by overloading on muscle will not help burn more fat it will just make you look buffed not fit .you sound like the guys at the gym with a big fat ass belly doin crunches trying to get a six pack lmfao.six packs are made in the kitchen ..
Sall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sall For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
boucher
Leaux Down Krewe

Drives: 2014 SSM Limited
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sall View Post
six packs are made in the kitchen ..
I like that part..

Thanks for everyone's input. Like I said, it's been ordered already so I'll give it a shot.
boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
mroczeK

Drives: Toyota 86
All work outs are good depending on your goal and if you really push yourself. As long as you have a good diet and meet your macros/required intake you will make gains.

It is always good to switch routines every ~6 weeks so your body doesn't get use to the same shit, the shock of switching to a new routine improves muscle growth.
mroczeK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mroczeK For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
wallace03

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sall View Post
omg what school are you goin to ? your getting a degree in exercise science??if any person is considering insanity obviously is because they have extra fat and by overloading on muscle will not help burn more fat it will just make you look buffed not fit .you sound like the guys at the gym with a big fat ass belly doin crunches trying to get a six pack lmfao.six packs are made in the kitchen ..
lol this is a common misconception. Though aerobic exercise primarily uses fat as energy, the high intensity of anaerobic exercise from weight lifting will ultimately burn more calories because of the higher intensity. Nutrition is super important. I left that part out because i wanted to focus on baby steps. Also, see my part about BMR. This is not to say that one should neglect their cardio. For example, compare a competitive marathon runners body to that of a competitive sprinter. Marathon runners are what we call "skinny fat" they do endless cardio training, but they still have moderate amount of fat on them though they can run for hours on end. Now look at the body of Usain Bolt or Terrell Owens, probably less than 6% body fat. These might not be perfect variables due to the fact that it can vary depending on genetics, but there is an undeniably strong correlation between good physique and a combination of weight training + High intensity interval training (High intensity Cardio).

P.S.
I am getting my degree from the University of Houston. I might not be an expert in fitness per se, but i have participated in multiple exercise studies for my university. I have also been an enthusiast in fitness and nutrition for about six years now. I have gone from being 5"11 225lbs in high school to 170lbs and 5-6% body fat through trial and error over the years. My main focus is actually on rehabilitation and not exercise science so i don't consider myself an expert by any means.

Last edited by wallace03; 09-17-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: more info.
wallace03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wallace03 For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #13
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Depends on your goals. Any work/nutrition will work as long as a person sticks to it. I'm not big on Insanity or any of those light night paid program workout programs/equipment.

Active & Healthy lifestyle is the only way to live, IMO. Good luck with the Insanity program cause I hear it's brutal.''

EDIT: I'm all about this look. Mainstream bodybuilding & gym rats want bigger, heavier.

5'7ft 145lbs on the left and on the right he is 127lbs

I'm 2 inches shorter and about 5lbs heavier. It's funny how the guys at my gym say get bigger and my friends say I'm skinny looking but as soon as I take off my shirt they have the "WOW" look on their face especially the ladies. They love them some 6pack & v-cut.

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss

Last edited by S2kphile; 09-17-2012 at 11:24 PM.
S2kphile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S2kphile For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-17-2012), HATED1 (02-09-2015)
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
lol, I remember my dorm suitemates last year trying some of this, I think I remember them giving up pretty early :P
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
boucher (09-18-2012)