follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #1
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
2022 Infiniti QX55 Crossover Coupe Revealed

https://usa.infinitinews.com/en-US/r...f53247a0d5d46?

Quote:
November 17, 2020
  • Streaming performance featuring superstar Aloe Blacc, powered by Live Nation, highlights INFINITI QX55's connection to soul of the brand
  • Provocative shape and decadent interior highlight all-new SUV, bound for U.S. and Canada in spring 2021
  • Standard 20-inch wheels, wireless Apple CarPlay™ compatibility, and Intelligent All-Wheel Drive standard for all models in North America
  • FRANKLIN, Tenn. — Lights up, cameras on, and sound rolling, INFINITI today launched the all-new QX55 SUV via a one-of-a-kind streaming concert experience from Los Angeles. The INFINITI QX55 is the spiritual successor to another one-of-a-kind moment: the INFINITI FX. Like its predecessor, the QX55's daring roofline and provocative shape are in tune with equally bold buyers; the QX55 doesn't have something for all people — it aims to be everything to some people.

"The new INFINITI QX55 is a statement-maker, designed to deliver first-class comfort and stand out everywhere it goes. It's a unique fusion of style and substance," said INFINITI Chairman Peyman Kargar.

The show-stealing QX55 was unveiled by global superstar Aloe Blacc, whose music connects to INFINITI with its verve and unmistakable sound. Known for his standout hits, "The Man," "Wake Me Up," and "I Need A Dollar," Blacc's performance set the table for a new era of exciting vehicle reveals. Blacc's performance in the iconic Belasco Theater in Los Angeles married to immersive discussions with Senior Vice President of Global Design Alfonso Albaisa and INFINITI's General Manager, Product Strategy and Planning Eric Rigaux in Tokyo, and brand chief Kargar's introduction to the star-studded night, produced with Live Nation.

"The all-new INFINITI QX55 is classy. It just looks sleek, and it feels like it's quality. Ultimately, the only thing I ever want to engage with is quality. From the musicians that I pick, to the food that I eat, to the car that I drive. I like to know that something is crafted with intention and purpose and that there's quality behind every measure of it," Blacc said.

The QX55's design retains all of INFINITI's daring design hallmarks, delivering a fresh interpretation of the FX silhouette. The QX55 inserts INFINITI back into a category it helped to create with an unapologetic style. The signature double-arch grille is complemented by a stunning, origami-inspired mesh pattern that delivers visual depth and showcases modern Japanese-inspired artistry. Flanked by standard LED headlights that mimic the human eye, the QX55 announces its arrival in style.

Along the body sides, the QX55's alluring profile has plenty to say but doesn't speak out of turn. The elegant and flowing lines reach from the hood, over the front fenders, across the doors, and over the rear wheels. Twenty-inch wheels are standard on all QX55 models, which fill the wheel arches and assert the SUV's dynamic presence.

The rear of the QX55 accentuates the subtlety of the automaker's design and interpretation of Japanese minimalism by coupling an uncluttered liftgate with handsome, understated technology to deliver a lasting impression. Digital "piano key" taillights combine 45 separate LEDs in a single housing to create an elegant light signature, recently featured on the stunning QX60 Monograph design study. The INFINITI logo on the tailgate is similarly advanced and houses the power liftgate release, which further frees the rear end from clutter.

Inside, the QX55 features INFINITI's dual-screen, InTouch infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay compatibility, and multiple USB inputs for Android Auto compatibility and charging. The upper 8-inch and lower 7-inch high-resolution screens inform the driver and entertain passengers with an available Bose audio system delivered through up to 16 speakers providing a concert like acoustic experience.

Leatherette, leather, or semi-aniline leather appointments for the seats adorn the QX55's spacious interior, and its sliding second-row seats provide flexible cargo capacity or increased legroom, depending on need.

Under the hood of every QX55 is INFINITI's award-winning and innovative Variable Compression Turbo four-cylinder engine that makes 268 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque. The dynamic engine imperceptibly changes its compression and displacement to deliver enhanced efficiency or on-demand power, based on the driver's needs. That power is shifted through a confident Continuously Variable Transmission with manual shift mode and delivered to INFINITI's Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system, which is standard on all QX55 models in the U.S. and Canada. A Drive Mode Selector empowers the driver with programmable settings (Standard, Eco, Sport and Personal) to tailor each drive.

Available in select markets globally in up to three well-equipped grades: LUXE, ESSENTIAL, and SENSORY, the all-new QX55 arrives in the U.S. and Canada in spring 2021, with other key markets to follow shortly after.

vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #2
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Omg what is it with the grills these days. Just not a good look on anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
gymratter (11-18-2020), Spuds (11-18-2020), Wally86 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 11:51 PM   #3
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Omg what is it with the grills these days. Just not a good look on anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The grills have to get comically large when the emblem get comically large first.
gymratter (11-18-2020), Spuds (11-18-2020), Wally86 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #4
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
heres a close up

gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (11-19-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 03:27 PM   #5
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
The grills have to get comically large when the emblem get comically large first.
Well I certainly wouldn't want people to know if I made that front end... I guess I won't ever be a marketing genius.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:04 PM   #6
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
This is fkn gross.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
gymratter (11-18-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
You know, getting into the big grille trend early allows everyone to get used to it and have the manufacturers refine it to the point of it works.

Audi was first, Lexus was next and only finally getting it right after the LC, BMW is feeling the WTF because they dont fit the lines of the car and they look comically too big, Mercedes just makes theirs bigger but seems to keep it from taking over the fascias, Hyundai is starting to add giant grilles to their genesis line, giving it a point at the bottom to differentiate,
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
Red-86

Drives: 86 (sold), 370Z
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I wish automakers would stop referring to 5 door SUVs and sedans as coupes. They aren’t, and it’s silly. Ruining the back seat headroom by putting a sloping roofline on a big ass family hauler doesn’t make it a coupe.

Anyway, apart from the hideously oversized grill, I don’t hate this. Don’t particularly like it either, though. Also, I find Infiniti interiors to be overly fussy and awkward in design. Having two screens in the centre for example, that look different. They don’t look similar, different bezels, different shapes etc... if they want to go the Tesla way and use a screen for all these controls, make it one nice large screen that can display different things at once, including a nav map in the top part.
Red-86 is offline   Reply With Quote