follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
Mikeez
Engineering Student

Drives: Scion FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Collision experts and body repair experts :)

Hey guys,

if you look at the first 2 pictures, my car has been hit while it was parked. I first want to know the direction of the hit.

I was parked nose in, in a public parking. The car was stroke from the rear bumper just on top of the fender well. The impact is on the driver side. The direction is it from a car coming out of the parking or going in the parking.

I need to know if it was a car going in the parking or going out. It will help me.

Also, how shall I fix this issue, I was going to rebuild it using bondo fix and applying touch up paint. I was also going to wet sand it or use a chemical to level it off.

>>Car rear>>>

----------------------------------------------------NEXT PROBLEM-------------------------

Pictures will be posted soon

My soon to be wife has a Benz, her car has a dent. I told her I will fix it. My ideas are the following, funny... its also in her driver side, on top of the fender well. Ironic right?

I don't know if I can reach in the back and hammer it to mold it back.... However, I can use your tips. I was going to heat the area, try and mold it back or buy hot glue. Glue something and pull it .... Will it hard the paint?

I'm open for ideas.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-17-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
the first pic looks like your car was hit going into the spot. as it looks like it dragged on until no longer touching other car, but thats just my inference I am no collision expert or body shop genius. just another 86er
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Mikeez
Engineering Student

Drives: Scion FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meWant View Post
the first pic looks like your car was hit going into the spot. as it looks like it dragged on until no longer touching other car, but thats just my inference I am no collision expert or body shop genius. just another 86er
Its hard to tell from the pictures, but you are right.
meWant (03-17-2015)