follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #1
Ha1i8ut2

Drives: 2015 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
having trouble with identifying a wire

so im back again for some more advice. if you need any info on what is going on refer to my previous post. i decided against initially attempting to replace the entire harness and try and replace the bad wires. the bad wires branch from the back of one of the plugs on the back of the fuse box inside the cabin to about under the brake booster. all the wires that need to be replaced are good at about the point of the booster and in such i could splice in a new wire there and reaplced the damaged ones and wire in a new plug. unfortunatley i ran into an issue. 99% of the wires that were bad turn from bad to good by the brake booster except for one. ive tracked one wire all the way to the other side of the car by the fuse box now. i looked through the brz wiring manual and couldnt find anything about the wire so i decided to turn to the forums. its a white wire with 2 silver bars about a few cm apart and the bars repeat every 1-2 inches or so. the wire does go to the fuse box but i got a few more inches of stripping tape and plastic trim before i get it to the fuse box. if anyone knows what it is or what it goes to all info is greatly appreciated. ill post a link to a google drive folder with pictures of the wire and what im talking about. thanks again

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L_..._RjNBZ8qz3eNCi
Ha1i8ut2 is offline   Reply With Quote