follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 04:59 PM   #1975
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I think the cdc's message as well as faucis and others should have been that we will learn as we go, not give guidance or mandates under the guise of being completely knowledge based. Now excuse me as I need to remount my fishbowl and surgical gloves to take the trash out
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-27-2021), NoHaveMSG (04-27-2021), Spuds (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #1976
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,430 Times in 6,146 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 View Post
I think the cdc's message as well as faucis and others should have been that we will learn as we go, not give guidance or mandates under the guise of being completely knowledge based. Now excuse me as I need to remount my fishbowl and surgical gloves to take the trash out
I think that was and continues to be the message from the beginning from the CDC. I never recall the message ever being anything other than that.

That being said, I did come across this particular clip from March 2020. Perhaps this is evidence of the point you are trying to make? If so, I'm sure that can be discussed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:13 PM   #1977
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually agree with you. I should just describe the media and political influencers who minimized the pandemic in the first place yet jumped the line to be vaccinated or those who induced paranoia amongst their followers with now disproven ideas about how covid is transmitted in the first place.

My uneducated opinion is that the pandemic will be kept alive in the media and political matrix long after its actually gone because its become a click bait cash cow for idiot sjws who want to wear rainbow masks forever and the idiots who wish to brand any of those who are honestly safety minded as idiot sjws.
I mean, there will always be some form of wackos for all kinds of things. It's unavoidable. Even every single one of us in this thread have some weird things about us lol. Just the nature of human beings.

But on the other hand, I don't think there's anything totally wrong with continuing to wear masks even post-vaccination. As has been mentioned countless times in this thread, people wear masks in many Asian countries during flu/hay fever season. It's a way to try and prevent some germs from spreading (in good part because the culture is to continue going to work even if knowingly sick). We've seen even in America that flu infections were way down this year. Maybe in part due to people staying home, but I'd wager at least a few bucks that mask-wearing in grocery stores and other high-traffic common places contributed.

Whether the benefit outweighs how funny they can look, I can't really say. I've said it before but I've gotten super tired of wearing them, especially because they constantly fog up my glasses no matter what I try.

But for the benefit of not spreading germs honestly I don't mind. There are so many people who don't know proper hygiene, period. Before COVID I always saw people who'd sneeze/cough without covering their mouth, or put their hand in front of their mouth but without fully enclosing it while sneezing/coughing.

If we can encourage _some_ mask-wearing while someone is sick/has a cold, I don't think that'll entirely be a bad thing.

And maybe you said the whole "rainbow mask" thing as a joke. But personally I don't see much wrong with wearing masks that least have some kind of design (I'm not into fashion at all, FWIW). It's better that than seeing people wearing disposable medical/surgery masks everywhere and then throwing them on the ground.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (04-27-2021), Spuds (04-27-2021), Ultramaroon (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:23 PM   #1978
Lantanafrs2

And maybe you said the whole "rainbow mask" thing as a joke. But personally I don't see much wrong with wearing masks that least have some kind of design (I'm not into fashion at all, FWIW). It's better that than seeing people wearing disposable medical/surgery masks everywhere and then throwing them on the ground.[/QUOTE]

That's a really good point. I never thought of that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:25 PM   #1979
Lantanafrs2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I think that was and continues to be the message from the beginning from the CDC. I never recall the message ever being anything other than that.

That being said, I did come across this particular clip from March 2020. Perhaps this is evidence of the point you are trying to make? If so, I'm sure that can be discussed.

Theres a half million of your tax dollars at work
The Following User Says Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #1980
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Theres a half million of your tax dollars at work
Fun fact, Fauci's ~$420k salary is actually quite low for a doctor with his credentials living in the DC area. Well, there aren't a lot of doctors with his credentials but those that are close typically make more than that.

Anyway, if you notice at the end of the video it is noted the purpose is to keep supply for those that need it the most. And this was early March, well before the disease was so widespread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (04-27-2021), spike021 (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:45 PM   #1981
spike021

Quote:
Fun fact, Fauci's ~$420k salary is actually quite low for a doctor with his credentials living in the DC area. Well, there aren't a lot of doctors with his credentials but those that are close typically make more than that.

Anyway, if you notice at the end of the video it is noted the purpose is to keep supply for those that need it the most. And this was early March, well before the disease was so widespread.
Yeah I think it was always more about saving masks for staff of hospitals and clinics, because the concern was that if they got hit by COVID bad enough then it’d potentially take everybody out for at least a few weeks, meaning nobody able to give care to anyone who needed hospital care, COVID or not (heart attacks, etc.).
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Old 04-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #1982
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
especially because they constantly fog up my glasses no matter what I try.
Have you tried dish soap?

It's been a couple decades since I wore glasses instead of contacts, but back in the day playing college and semi-pro paintball those of us that wore glasses would dish soap the lenses of our glasses to prevent fogging. Worked better than the mask mounted fans that were available at the time.

Coat the lenses with a thin film of soap, polish like waxing a car, fog resistant glasses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pope For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-27-2021), Spuds (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #1983
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope View Post

It's been a couple decades since I wore glasses instead of contacts, but back in the day playing college and semi-pro paintball those of us that wore glasses would dish soap the lenses of our glasses to prevent fogging. Worked better than the mask mounted fans that were available at the time.

Coat the lenses with a thin film of soap, polish like waxing a car, fog resistant glasses.
All those years of me having to play paintball without glasses and now you dump this bombshell on me!!!!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:10 PM   #1984
spike021

Quote:

Yeah, like I said I've tried everything.

In fact, my usual cleaning regimen for my glasses is using dish soap :\.
Quote:
Old 04-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #1985
pope
has a funny hat

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Yeah, like I said I've tried everything.

In fact, my usual cleaning regimen for my glasses is using dish soap :\.

Bummer, that sucks. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with glasses problems anymore.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:42 PM   #1986
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
The problem with the CDC and Fauci's recommendations is that for a long time both were operating under duress from the administration. The truth is that ALL recommendations they made were knowledge based. In some cases they were vetoed by forces higher in the food chain. The problem was not that they issued guidance, but that that guidance was not independent.

I think hear you saying that these sorts of agencies/experts should not give advice unless they are absolutely sure. That is an impossible standard. To one extent or another all science is an exercise in applied probability. Medicine is triply so. Whenever you go to the doctor her diagnosis, no matter what it is based on, is at best an educated guess.
spike021 (04-27-2021), Spuds (04-27-2021), weederr33 (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 06:45 PM   #1987
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Bummer, that sucks. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with glasses problems anymore.
Experience here, writing from your future. You may not always be able to wear contacts. The best of eyes dry out.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:46 PM   #1988
Lantanafrs2

Quote:

A lie is a lie. Hes bad he needs to go
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck