follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #15
Side

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Out of all the photos I took at Big Northwest, I forgot to take a picture of the suspension...
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #16
trippinbillies40

Drives: '22 WRB
Thanked 1,213 Times in 400 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
Nobody is going to know the exact differences until they start building the car. At that time a Subaru dealership's parts department can check if the part numbers are the same.

The Press Releases did say that the car had STI-Tuned Dampers, and STI-Tuned Coil Springs so they aren't branded STI but they may have different settings. From a physical standpoint, nothing looks modified on the tS due to the hideous wheel gap we see from the car being shown at the big Subaru meets. However, the description that Subaru provides says that the suspension/car was tuned at Willow Springs. Could also be marketing hype though.
The RA and tS at the shows are just standard production cars retrofitted with pre-production parts, so the final cars might look different. Will probably be January or so at least before part numbers can be looked up.
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:07 PM   #17
Scourge
Agent 86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the pic! I have more confidence that the part #'s I posted in my thread (http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2967737) are accurate as the "ca120" visible on your rear Sachs shock matches the end of the full part # I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRZ View Post
Sorry I don't have better pics, just pulled these from my phone. Ordered on Japanparts, a little expensive, but wanted the STI part. As far as I know, these are not rebranded like the TRD eibach ones and are the only ones that offer a 15mm drop. There is still a gap and keep in mind, I'm on stock 17x7.5 PP wheels and Michelin HPs.

You can see here that these springs work with the PP Sach dampers by the pull-down of 適応車種記号:E 2016年07月~ and looking under the 'GT' which is equivalent to the US Performance Package equipped with the same dampers. They give it the bubble indicating it's compatible. That was important to me. PM me if you have any questions!

I have a few additional pics on my build page in my signature below.

Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:
JonRZ (08-30-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #18
FindOphion

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ PP
That is what I was wondering. If they are the same, I will just get the yellows and call it a day. I was hoping someone might have info if the 2018 tS suspension was identical to the 2017 PP. I haven't found anything on my own, so asking here was the next obvious choice being the number of people here. I'm guessing there might be a few tweaks done before production, but nothing ground breaking. Thanks everyone for the info.
FindOphion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FindOphion For This Useful Post:
JonRZ (08-30-2017)
Old 03-28-2018, 05:30 PM   #19
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Sorry to re-up the thread, but looking now at STi JP website I noticed some news: actual STi dampers are Showa and not Bilstein anymore.
The Bilstein/springs kit is not given as compatible anymore with latest models (springs).
The spring set for stock damper is compatible, so I thought that new setup was performance package Showa with STi springs, but P/N of stock STi springs is different from aftermarket one...
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:46 AM   #20
Seiryuu

Drives: ZC6
Now that there has been two US tS models, have we reached a conclusion on this topic yet? Are the PP Sachs shocks the same tune as the tS Sachs shocks?

I tried searching but just about every comparison is between the stock vs tS or stock vs PP but not PP vs tS.

I then tried looking up parts numbers for the shock absorbers on Subaru's official parts page. The trims are listed as Premium/Limited/STi; there doesn't seem to be separate shocks for the PP in the limited section. This lead me to believe that the Sachs dampers are indeed the same despite Subaru going out of their way to mention "STi-tuned Sachs Dampers" for the tS.

I am referring solely to the Sachs dampers. if I am wrong, Please enlighten.

Thank you.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #21
gpvecchi

Drives: Toyota 86 GT Limited PP (Model G)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
You can check my post here, that's what I've found:

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...9&postcount=36
gpvecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gpvecchi For This Useful Post:
Seiryuu (06-13-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #22
cirros

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ tS
I have pictures of 2018 tS and 2017 PP front right strut for a quick look.
They are use different springs and dampers (both dampers are still Sachs).
Attached Images

cirros is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cirros For This Useful Post:
Purdue FR-S (03-15-2021), Seiryuu (06-13-2020)