follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #631
COO86L

Drives: 2015 86 GTS + Mitsi Lancer GSR
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHitHim View Post
How long does it usually take to finalize a flash and go tune for forced induction flex fuel say if you receive 1 revised map a day and send back required data logs back that same day? (Considering all things run correctly, O2 sensor is good, injectors are fine, no leaks in exhaust, etc)
What set up are you running?
I'm running an Aussie kit which is a smidge different to the US kits. From memory, Zach had the tune 100% in about 3 goes. Initial map and 2 revisions which was purely a throttle on take off issue/annoyance I had.

If you're running a kit that's more common, it probably wouldn't even take that many. I'm thoroughly impressed with this tune that just bloody works straight up. I've accidentally left my maf sensor unplugged 4 times now and the car just starts and engine light say, "oi bud, wanna plug your maf sensoe back in? You don't have to but you could"
COO86L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to COO86L For This Useful Post:
DHitHim (10-10-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #632
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Standard Flash & Go tune on a closed deck engine built by Outfront Motorsports, Jackson Racing SC (C38) with high boost pulley, 93 oct, 4bar Jackson Racing MAP sensor, ACE 4-2-1 EL header, ACE catless front pipe, Blitz Nurspec-V catback, no custom tuning...perfect. Will check it out on track in a few days. Thank you @DeliciousTuning
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dp1 For This Useful Post:
COO86L (10-08-2016), whataboutbob (10-12-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 12:01 AM   #633
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COO86L View Post
What set up are you running?
I'm running an Aussie kit which is a smidge different to the US kits. From memory, Zach had the tune 100% in about 3 goes. Initial map and 2 revisions which was purely a throttle on take off issue/annoyance I had.

If you're running a kit that's more common, it probably wouldn't even take that many. I'm thoroughly impressed with this tune that just bloody works straight up. I've accidentally left my maf sensor unplugged 4 times now and the car just starts and engine light say, "oi bud, wanna plug your maf sensoe back in? You don't have to but you could"
I'm running a Fullblown kit.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #634
COO86L

Quote:
I'm running a Fullblown kit.
I think you'll be fine with the first file/tune. Zach or Bill will check and confirm but it's a very good tune and they've seen it all ;D
Old 10-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #635
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
I'm not an expert at reading data logs but my WOT logs consistently show the following since I've fixed all my boost/exhaust leaks:

-Short Term Fuel Trims +/- 5 or less
-Long Term Fuel Trims pegged at 0
-IAM stays at 1.0 99% of the time (I've seen it at .70 once and it gradually increased back up to 1.0 after a quick cruise)
-No Knock Correction CA at all

7 PSI, JDL Kit, Only 2 revisions made to my initial ROM. If anyone is on the fence about a Flash and Go on a JDL kit I'd be glad to share my logs with you to put your mind at ease.
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amputechture For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #636
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Hey Zach and/or Bill,

Is "PI Duty%" the percentage amount of the port injector's fueling limit? For instance, a PI duty % of 38 indicates I have 62% more headroom, or am I way off base?
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #637
DHitHim

Originally I was trying to schedule a dyno tune with Elite Performance but they never returned their email (they told me to email them). But since I was in a time crunch to try to get this car done so I can hit up the SCCA event at Buttonwillow Racepark on Oct 2., I decided to do the Flash and Go with DT. I know Zach has been extremely patient with me but I am having so many issues to the point of frustration. I've heard nothing but good things about Delicious Tuning so I chose them. It has been narrowed down to an electrical issue or a grounding issue. I wanted to originally do a dyno tune with them but Delicious was booked until mid-October and Delicious Tuning suggested their Flash and Go as it’s not much different than a dyno tune. I have no idea what else to do. Well unfortunately it is already mid-October. It’s infuriating when I have to wait 1 day for almost a month when I should have paid the extra $600 for the dyno tune and have it all done in a day or two. Plus all issues could be resolved on the spot by experts and I wouldn’t have to wait once a day for a map revision. I don’t know what else to do as I feel like I have wasted my time and money if I have to take this in to the shop. I am extremely frustrated and I cannot say that enough.

Sept 16, I completed my FBM install. Purchase Flex Fuel Flash and Go but it's too late to get a base tune so I'll have to wait until Monday
Sept 19, Monday, Zach sends me a base tune. I do a cruise and idle log and email it to back to Zach.
Sept 20, I receive and email from Zach stating my car is acting strange while cruising. He asks if I grounded my DI module after installing the 1100cc FIC injectors. I check and I have the cover bolted. I even made a grounding wire from the bolt of the DI module to the negative terminal of the battery. I run another log on the same map.
Sept 21, my cruise log is still zagged even though target stays flat at 14.7. If my DI module is grounded, I may have an exhaust leak very close to the front 02 sensor. Car idles fine but at cruise “front o2 goes extremely erratic and causes the fueling to fluctuate quite a bit in a very rapid saw-tooth fashion. This jagged line looked almost like signal noise, which is why I originally recommended the additional ground on the DI module.” I even unbolt the turbo and downpipe and redo it, there weren’t any signs of leaks when I took it apart.
Sept 22, I couldn’t find leaks. I even swap the 02 sensor to the area where the secondary would go. It didn’t work so he sends me another map for an idle log and I switch the 02 sensor in the proper places again before I do the logs.
Sept 23, I mention about injector clocking since stock is clocked. I clock my injectors correctly and do an idle log on a map revision.
Sept 24, I found a leak at the T were I routed the vacuum from the BOV to the brake booster line and fixed that issue. Zach requests for another log with another map revision. This time it’s 50% throttle pull from 2000rpm to 6000rpm in 3rd.
Sept 27, Cruise still showing erratic behavior. He sends revision and requests 3 logs, idle, cruise, and 50% pull.
Sept 30, Zach was sick on 27-28 and has been catching up. Zach believes he has found the cruising issue. He asks me to unplug the MAF sensor and do a highway log.
Oct 3, Unplugging the MAF didn’t work. He thinks it is either faulty MAP or 02 sensor. I ask if my Omni 3 bar map sensor is bad and if he can send me another revision for stock map sensor. I install it and do a log. He sends me stock map log and I run some logs. He receives the same readings.
Oct 4, Zach sends me another map and asks to put the 3 Bar back in, unplug the 02 and run a log. He wants to see if the fuel quantity jumps around with the front o2 unplugged. He finds out that it is completely gone and based on this, I will need a new o2 sensor. I purchase an o2 sensor at the local leadership.
Oct 5, I replace o2 and run logs. Zach request I reflash the map again so it can clear the car’s short term memory for fuel trim learning. So I run another log.
Oct 6, There is improvement. He does a couple more revisions
Oct 10, Zach sends me a revision, I run another log, then another revision is sent.
Oct 11, I ask if I will receive a map but he is having Bill check it out.
Oct 13, I email Zach asking if he had forgotten about this. He mentions “Bill looked at a good majority of our logs up to this point, and believes very strongly that this is still some sort of electrical grounding issue, or perhaps some kind of short somewhere. When taking out one fuel system or introducing another, both follow the same erratic jumping regardless of steady load, afr target, rpm, cam angles, ignition timing, etc. On top of all that, the front o2 is brand new. The only real possibility at this stage is an electrical issue somewhere in the engine compartment. In the meantime, I am curbing back the amount of correction that the ecu is able to pull in those particular load ranges for the attached revision. The net effect is that the swings the front o2 wants to make in fueling will be essentially cut in a quarter, and the hesitation should go down to a minimum until the root mechanical issue is resolved.”He sends me another map to see if curbing corrections keeps things in check. He mentions this may have to go to a shop to find the issue.

Pros
They have a lot of maps and will work with you

Cons
Unless you're patient, this can take quite awhile to finalize your tune.

I am most likely going to end up having to drop this off with DT so they can give it the TLC it deserves and without the long turn around times of remote tuning and logging.

Last edited by DHitHim; 10-14-2016 at 05:17 AM.
DHitHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:16 AM   #638
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
To be fair to DT I think they have given great service. It extremely difficult to remote diagnose hardware issues especially directly after someone has just installed turbo or SC kit with sensor and injector changes. Unfortunately it looks like you have or had multiple hardware issues like leaks sensor or wiring issues.

Measure the resistance between the negative battery terminal and engine block, chassis, DI computer, make sure its very low almost zero ohms.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
DHitHim (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 11:12 AM   #639
DHitHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
To be fair to DT I think they have given great service. It extremely difficult to remote diagnose hardware issues especially directly after someone has just installed turbo or SC kit with sensor and injector changes. Unfortunately it looks like you have or had multiple hardware issues like leaks sensor or wiring issues.

Measure the resistance between the negative battery terminal and engine block, chassis, DI computer, make sure its very low almost zero ohms.
Yes I don't doubt their customer service. They have been very good to me. I'm just frustrated and I'm just sharing my experience. I know many have had great luck with it and for some reason I've had horrible luck. I am thinking of just shipping the car or dropping it off to them. It's been way too long with the back and forth. I don't want to foul another plug running logs as the other plug ended up fouling after a hundred miles of logs trying to tune. Hopefully when I turn it in and hopefully just convert this tune into Andy o tune, it all works out. I'm just really frustrated with the let down on my car and I know it's knot DT's fault at all.

Last edited by DHitHim; 10-15-2016 at 12:56 AM.
DHitHim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DHitHim For This Useful Post:
COO86L (10-22-2016), steve99 (10-14-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 02:18 AM   #640
Komapgerp
Banned

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Delicious Flash GO Tunes for ALL FORCED INDUCTION Applicati

Glad to hear you where successful at reduceding the cabin noise. Thanks for the photo of the pipeing. Think I might give it a shot and see how I like it. Power gains if at all noticeable and exhaust note lol.
Komapgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #641
COO86L

Quote:
Yes I don't doubt their customer service. They have been very good to me. I'm just frustrated and I'm just sharing my experience. I know many have had great luck with it and for some reason I've had horrible luck. I am thinking of just shipping the car or dropping it off to them. It's been way too long with the back and forth. I don't want to foul another plug running logs as the other plug ended up fouling after a hundred miles of logs trying to tune. Hopefully when I turn it in and hopefully just convert this tune into Andy o tune, it all works out. I'm just really frustrated with the let down on my car and I know it's knot DT's fault at all.
Wow you haven't hat fun at all. I'm glad you don't blame DT though. Have you tried removing your extra grounding? Or putting in stock injectors to see what happens?
Did you fully reinstall the injector covers that holds the injector firing module doovy? Check for any cross threaded bolts etc because if it isn't secured properly, it will cause issues.

I had the opposite experience. I installed my kit by myself, flashed tune, did provisional checks with Zach with zero revisions then off to a drag event. I didn't enter but the drive was 3 hours with zero issues.

Keen to hear results!
The Following User Says Thank You to COO86L For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #642
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Delicious Flash & GO Tunes for ALL FORCED INDUCTION Applications - Q&A

Had nothing but great results from DT, installed the Jackson c38 kit myself and flashed the tune and ran some logs. One revision was made and then was perfect.

They always go above and beyond to make sure things are right. Recently went back to NA and had their ace tune and took a few revision but it's running flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to byun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2016, 02:50 AM   #643
DHitHim

Update, found out the source of my grounding issues was because of my noob/scrub/dumbassery. I was plugging the ecutek cable for logging into the beastronix nanny pd obd2 extension cord instead of directly to the car's obd2 port. I am so happy now that my car is in the process of tuning. I can't wait to get this zoom zoomin!
Old 11-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #644
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Update, found out the source of my grounding issues was because of my noob/scrub/dumbassery. I was plugging the ecutek cable for logging into the beastronix nanny pd obd2 extension cord instead of directly to the car's obd2 port. I am so happy now that my car is in the process of tuning. I can't wait to get this zoom zoomin!

That's strange, I have the Beastronix nanny pd as well have been able to log and flash when plugging into the extension. Does your nanny had the Acc wiring too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
byun is offline   Reply With Quote