follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 12-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #71
Yoda

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ(Sophia)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 South Africa View Post
My bad... misunderstood that post then.
In that case I should start looking for a rotrex SC!!
Or you could save for the Supra... I can only hope it will be out in 2019.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #72
86 South Africa
POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drives: White Toyota 86 (Scion FRs)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Or you could save for the Supra... I can only hope it will be out in 2019.
I'd love to, but we get nailed so much with import taxes etc that make our cars so much more expensive. For e.g. Before buying this I looked at a VW Scirocco... it was around 350,000 here but only 220,000 or so in the US.
Ergo.. the Supra is likely gonna cost more than I'd be prepared (or able!?) to spend!
Old 12-22-2016, 01:48 PM   #73
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
Dude, you got all of that backwards. The Edelbrock/tvs route is the hotter route. The rotrex (Jackson Racing SC) is the one that has better cooling and generates less heat.
I've heard the opposite from many people in my community. A lot of people (including my mechanic) tell me the Edelbrock runs cooler than the Jackson. But then again i think a lot of this is based on context. It's possible that overall the Edelbrock might run hotter all around. But the Jackson runs hotter after 5k RPM. *shrug*

Again all based on context and how you will drive the car honestly. I personally went with the Edelbrock due to more low end torque and "fun" at lower speeds. From what i keep hearing is that the Jackson basically drives like stock until 5k RPM and then it's like a rocket.
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #74
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxyion View Post
I've heard the opposite from many people in my community. A lot of people (including my mechanic) tell me the Edelbrock runs cooler than the Jackson. But then again i think a lot of this is based on context. It's possible that overall the Edelbrock might run hotter all around. But the Jackson runs hotter after 5k RPM. *shrug*

Again all based on context and how you will drive the car honestly. I personally went with the Edelbrock due to more low end torque and "fun" at lower speeds. From what i keep hearing is that the Jackson basically drives like stock until 5k RPM and then it's like a rocket.
Hearing and experiencing are two different aspects. Edelbrock and Jackson Racing kits both have heat exchangers to keep these temperatures in check. Both kits are designed exactly for its intended purpose and work great in that aspect, hence why we have supported both companies since the beginning (before release and after). If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via PM.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CounterSpace Garage For This Useful Post:
AJPG (12-22-2016), mrg666 (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 02:26 PM   #75
Xxyion
Lowly Cartuber

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2005 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSpace Garage View Post
Hearing and experiencing are two different aspects. Edelbrock and Jackson Racing kits both have heat exchangers to keep these temperatures in check. Both kits are designed exactly for its intended purpose and work great in that aspect, hence why we have supported both companies since the beginning (before release and after). If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us via PM.

Yeah. My point was that it's all based on context. Technically you could say a stock NA engine runs hotter than an edelbrock kit but without context that statement is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 Limited MT WR Blue BRZ | Delicious Flash n Go Tune | Delicious Flex Fuel Kit | Nameless 2.5" with 5" Mufflers | JDL UEL Headers | Bayson R Diffuser/Side Skirts | APR Front Splitter | VIS Racing GT Wing | ST Suspension Coilovers | Grammlights Rays 57CR 17x9 +38 | Sumitomo HTR Z iii 235/45/17 |
Xxyion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:52 PM   #76
AJPG

Drives: 22RE, FA20, 4G63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
The good/bad old issue with intake temp. You could set a centrifugal supercharger hotter than a positive displacement supercharger or it could be made the complete opposite but you should have a goal before the build.
Everyone knows that heat increase with pressure and that it apply to compressing air, so that been said the PD and centri SC differ on how they generate heat and how they dissipate heat. The PD should be big enough (enough for what? Put your goal in here _____. So it could be use at the low-mid range of recommended rpms of the SC (to avoid heat soak). The centri in the other hand should be use at the mid-high rpms (to get good use of the compressor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AJPG is offline   Reply With Quote