follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2020, 04:53 AM   #71
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #72
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korhun View Post
Phew! It's a good thing I don't like cats then.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #73
RayRay88

Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tuning is the main reason the only few kits i'm aware of have gone to full Motec ECU's.
It's just way faster/easier for a tuner to modify on the fly and takes a lot out of tuning budget, but you end up paying for it with the price of the Motec unit.
Having the OEM TB control the linkage is the easiest way to get over the DBW system, short of creating a bespoke controller.
These kits aren't half baked, it just comes with the territory of ITB's. They're never just plug and play.
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #74
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
Tuning is the main reason the only few kits i'm aware of have gone to full Motec ECU's.
It's just way faster/easier for a tuner to modify on the fly and takes a lot out of tuning budget, but you end up paying for it with the price of the Motec unit.
Having the OEM TB control the linkage is the easiest way to get over the DBW system, short of creating a bespoke controller.
These kits aren't half baked, it just comes with the territory of ITB's. They're never just plug and play.
Thanks for the comment RayRay88. In hindsight I figured I should have touched upon Motec in the original post but admittedly I figured most wouldn't even know about Motec and be confused about an alternative ECU for our cars. I on the other hand am fully aware of the need to go with a Motec ECU and as you are surely aware, a Motec ECU for our cars goes for about damn near double the ITB kits for these cars. Not to mention of course the tuning that must come on top of that. I totally concur and agree that the OEM TB linkage is necessary to achieve the DBW feel. However, I stand by saying it's a half baked kit. I say that because I think it's a fair judgement to say to the manufactures of these kits that no one would really prefer to use the plenum included and instead, they'd want velocity stacks. Yet, not one of them includes velocity stacks and they know damn well tuning is going to be a nightmare and yet still advertise it as a plug and play kit (under the use of the plenum of course). Anyway, hope that makes sense and I truly appreciate you taking the time to read that long post and comment your thoughts.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #75
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Nice to come back and congrats about your marriage. I was also not active since last August, but now in due to the lockdown situation I am checking the forum more often and revisiting a few areas.

Too pity that you had to try the ITB route the hard way, but it is nice to provide your experience to the rest of the community. Let's see how things will evolve in future with our platform. If the rumors are true and the new model targets a different (non car enthusiast) audience, then we might see again an interest by vendors and a development of new parts. Who knows? Let's see what will happen, but for the time being I don't see much happening and many are on a waiting mode …

Personally, I am trying to convince a vendor to develop currently a new part for our cars and act as an early tester. Not related with ITBs, but I would say in a similar area . I am not sure what will happen, because there is additionally much uncertainty with the economy. Let's see ...
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nikitopo For This Useful Post:
Jordan Silveira (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 12:35 PM   #76
Jordan Silveira

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitopo View Post
Nice to come back and congrats about your marriage. I was also not active since last August, but now in due to the lockdown situation I am checking the forum more often and revisiting a few areas.

Too pity that you had to try the ITB route the hard way, but it is nice to provide your experience to the rest of the community. Let's see how things will evolve in future with our platform. If the rumors are true and the new model targets a different (non car enthusiast) audience, then we might see again an interest by vendors and a development of new parts. Who knows? Let's see what will happen, but for the time being I don't see much happening and many are on a waiting mode …

Personally, I am trying to convince a vendor to develop now a new part for our cars and act as an early tester. Not related with ITBs, but I would say in a similar area . I am not sure what will happen, because there is additionally much uncertainty with the economy. Let's see ...

Thanks you so much for the kind wishes Nikitopo. As for the ITBs, yes as you can imagine it was a big let down but oh well, life happens. It has allowed me to refocus and tackle other things on my build. Speaking of which, I am needing to update as I've done quite a bit since the last update. I am definitely interested to know more about the next generation of this platform. Who knows what surprises it will bring. I hope all is well in Germany and you and yours stay healthy and safe!

P.S. Please do share more information when you have availability. Or, perhaps you could DM me more details. I promise I can keep a secret!
Old 12-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #77
Jordan Silveira

Hello FT86Club Family

It's been a while since the last update and sadly, I've made the decision to part out my car and already have most of the parts off of the car. If there's anything you see that you would like to inquire about, please feel free.

I am located in Southern Orange County and would naturally prefer to avoid shipping and sell locally. I will have all items listed in the Classified section of the forum as well as the local SoCal for sale thread. As always, I loved this community and thank you for all the joy you've brought me over the last 5-6 years. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, let me know.

Thank you!
Old 12-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #78
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Sorry to hear you part out your car. Hope the best selling the parts.
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 03:52 PM   #79
Jordan Silveira

BUMP. Car has sold. Many parts available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Silveira View Post
Hello FT86Club Family

It's been a while since the last update and sadly, I've made the decision to part out my car and already have most of the parts off of the car. If there's anything you see that you would like to inquire about, please feel free.

I am located in Southern Orange County and would naturally prefer to avoid shipping and sell locally. I will have all items listed in the Classified section of the forum as well as the local SoCal for sale thread. As always, I loved this community and thank you for all the joy you've brought me over the last 5-6 years. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, let me know.

Thank you!
BUMP. Car has sold. Many parts available!