follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2022, 10:01 AM   #15
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,304 Times in 7,368 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post

Sorry enthusiasts, but you're not the only people concerned about their $$ and time and making car related decisions.
But again, he is kinda obnoxious. Not the guy I'd look to for new car reviews but maybe he's running short of material lol
Again, not what I am getting at. It is the stuff he says that effects non-auto enthusiasts I have most issue with. If you were a newbie in the car market for a little sport compact and watched and trusted his video's, and you are looking at an auto BRZ and he says not to buy one because Subaru auto's are problematic. You just got fed wrong information that may have influenced your decision.
soundman98 (08-22-2022), Tcoat (08-22-2022), wbradley (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 11:42 AM   #16
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Scotty's more the man to discuss 300,000 mile Camrys. NOT the authority on new cars, I'd never watch his reviews.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 08-22-2022 at 01:00 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-22-2022), Tcoat (08-30-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 11:59 AM   #17
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,974 Times in 2,194 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
He doesn't know diddly squat about motorcycles either. This is a known.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bcj For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (08-22-2022), Tcoat (08-30-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 01:13 PM   #18
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,204 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Can't stand this guy. Such an annoying personality and looks like a goof flailing his arms around.

He may be knowledgeable but his voice is grating. I cant watch videos with annoying ass people. In the gaming world a super popular guy is named Pewdiepie....I could not stand any of his videos because he is obnoxiously annoying like Scotty.

He does have some videos where its just PR vids and him providing a voiceover...but without his annoying gibberish speaking method he is actually tolerable to listen to.

Compare him to a mechanic like the Car wizard....who feels a bit more relatable although he has a bit of a dry personality/delivery. I'd rather watch him than Scotty because he isnt annoying.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-30-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 07:49 AM   #19
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
Can't stand this guy. Such an annoying personality and looks like a goof flailing his arms around.

He may be knowledgeable but his voice is grating. I cant watch videos with annoying ass people. In the gaming world a super popular guy is named Pewdiepie....I could not stand any of his videos because he is obnoxiously annoying like Scotty.

He does have some videos where its just PR vids and him providing a voiceover...but without his annoying gibberish speaking method he is actually tolerable to listen to.

Compare him to a mechanic like the Car wizard....who feels a bit more relatable although he has a bit of a dry personality/delivery. I'd rather watch him than Scotty because he isnt annoying.
So many keep using the term "knowledgeable". His "knowledge" is frequently just parroting what he has read on the internet. As often as not it is opinion at best and down right wrong at worst.
soundman98 (08-31-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 08:15 AM   #20
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Pewdiepie (sorry massacred the spelling) earns a pretty darn good living, lots of people like him. Kept up to date by my recently turned 15 son who was watching him starting a few years back now.
There are lots of annoying hand gesturers that have popular channels.

I challenge anyone to watch an entire Mr Ballen video. His channel on YouTube is his name. I can get thru some, but my friend did not have the attention span for one I played over the weekend. Good creepy stories, but long and a lot of hand jive action.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:29 AM   #21
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Pewdiepie (sorry massacred the spelling) earns a pretty darn good living, lots of people like him. Kept up to date by my recently turned 15 son who was watching him starting a few years back now.

I challenge anyone to watch an entire Mr Ballen video. His channel on YouTube is his name. I can get thru some, but my friend did not have the attention span for one I played over the weekend. Good creepy stories, but long and a lot of hand jive action.
look into some of the interviews of the hardcore youtubers. all of them track youtube analytics to an insane degree. and most over 1million followers have teams of people behind them researching new ideas and formatting videos to get the most clicks-- it's virtual farming at that point.

there's a very distinct difference between scotty yelling at a camera about a FERD and pewdepie pulling a prank on someone, both in execution and formatting.
Tcoat (08-31-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 06:34 PM   #22
2020BRZtS

Drives: '20 BRZ tS (15/300) / '09 Scion tC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I like Mr Ballen because he tells the story from the perspective of the victim. He has less hand maneuvering going on than my daughter so I guess I find it less annoying. I love Nexpo though... and Thoughty2.

Back to the Scotty discussion.