follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #10921
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
are you talking difference in ambient temps pre blower, like stock MAF location on traditional ESC setup? or have you relocated the MAF to post blower and compared dyno runs or pull times between post 90F and 50F post blower temps?

ambient temps going into the blower will be much more of an impact to power compared to post blower temps.

Every 5.4F is about 1% less air density. but this would only apply to pre blower.
In the new set up MAF has been relocated to post blowers, so that does have some affect. But unlike the original setup which used the airbox my current setup the blowers pull in air from the bumper. So when the blowers are working it's much more ambient air going in.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #10922
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
No no
I'm talking about ambient air temp not IAT. The temp as displayed on the dash gauge. You know, the difference between if it's hot or cold outside.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #10923
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
No no
I'm talking about ambient air temp not IAT. The temp as displayed on the dash gauge. You know, the difference between if it's hot or cold outside.
Oh sorry yes, the current dynos were done when it was 90 degrees outside and the single phantom dynos were done when it was 60 degrees outside

Old 08-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #10924
WNDSRFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
are you talking difference in ambient temps pre blower, like stock MAF location on traditional ESC setup? or have you relocated the MAF to post blower and compared dyno runs or pull times between post 90F and 50F post blower temps?

ambient temps going into the blower will be much more of an impact to power compared to post blower temps.

Every 5.4F is about 1% less air density. but this would only apply to pre blower.
No no.
I'm talking about ambient air temp. The temp as displayed on the dash gauge. You know, the difference between if the weather is hot or cold outside.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:45 PM   #10925
WNDSRFR

I don't know what happened!
Double posted!
Old 08-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #10926
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
In the new set up MAF has been relocated to post blowers, so that does have some affect. But unlike the original setup which used the airbox my current setup the blowers pull in air from the bumper. So when the blowers are working it's much more ambient air going in.

I know your setup is different than his. My comment was to him.

All these people talking about IAT are really referring to ambient pre blower air, this is completely different than your IAT temp that is located and reading being post blower. For all him or anyone knows there post blower IATs are the same as yours or possibly even worse.

Pre blower temps will have a bigger impact on performance compared to post blower IAT temps. So not a good comparison.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:50 PM   #10927
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
No no.
I'm talking about ambient air temp. The temp as displayed on the dash gauge. You know, the difference between if the weather is hot or cold outside.
Yeah, those temps are completely different and not what he is inquiring.

Ambient temps or pre blower MAF IAT temps which are usually pretty similar to each other (unless MAF is relocated post blower like his is to get a real IAT reading) will have a much bigger difference on performance, compared to post blower "real" IAT temps going into the engine vs ambient (what he is inquiring about) The question is people who are boosted, what are their before blower (typically at or near ambient) and after blower temps. is a 30-40F delta like his considered normal.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #10928
BlOody_BoOger

I'm gonna try a few things to bring down my temps a bit without hindering the boost. Idk if it will work but I'mma give it a shot. Just to try and make those extra 5 ponies

Old 08-10-2020, 05:50 PM   #10929
86TOYO2k17

Quote:
I'm gonna try a few things to bring down my temps a bit without hindering the boost. Idk if it will work but I'mma give it a shot. Just to try and make those extra 5 ponies

Replacing the aluminum MAF housing with a plastic one would help and gold heat wrapping everything from throttle body back will make a surprising difference. Not night or day but still effective.

Space looks limited for a heat plate for the engine bay off boost filter but that would probably drop IAT another couple degrees depending on what you came up with. Which might help lessen MAF heat soak effecting on boost reading.

Not sure how the ESC does with rain/water? Could get hood vents a hood vent near or above the engine bay filter would do wonders for off boost IATs. Maybe a protective shroud for the ESC from rain if it’s close to the vent.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #10930
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I was replacing dump batteries and i accidently did not disconnect cable that goes control unit and touched battery terminal less than 1 sec then boom! I think i shorted that control unit. I am wondering that unit has some kind of fuse to protect its unit? Stupid me didnt think of it. I shouldve disconnect that red cable first. I completely screwed? Or can be fixed?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #10931
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
I was replacing dump batteries and i accidently did not disconnect cable that goes control unit and touched battery terminal less than 1 sec then boom! I think i shorted that control unit. I am wondering that unit has some kind of fuse to protect its unit? Stupid me didnt think of it. I shouldve disconnect that red cable first. I completely screwed? Or can be fixed?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I sent you a photo on your sale post. But this has happened to me before did the boom happen at the batteries or controller because went it happens to me just the batteries went bad not the controller. Keep the batteries for a month and ask for a refund. That's what I did just said hey I've had these for a month and they went bad already and they sent me new ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlOody_BoOger For This Useful Post:
zc06_kisstherain (08-15-2020)
Old 08-15-2020, 09:20 PM   #10932
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I sent you a photo on your sale post. But this has happened to me before did the boom happen at the batteries or controller because went it happens to me just the batteries went bad not the controller. Keep the batteries for a month and ask for a refund. That's what I did just said hey I've had these for a month and they went bad already and they sent me new ones.

really? i used multimeter and battery read voltage 13v
yeah i took apart and fuse is fine too~!!
also, just call battery mart and batteries went bad? then i dont have to send replacement? what do they ask?

Last edited by zc06_kisstherain; 08-15-2020 at 09:51 PM.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #10933
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
really? i used multimeter and battery read voltage 13v
yeah i took apart and fuse is fine too~!!
also, just call battery mart and batteries went bad? then i dont have to send replacement? what do they ask?
They're going to ask to send the ones you bought just send them back they will test them and confirm they are bad, and send new ones they really don't ask alot of questions.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:37 PM   #10934
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
They're going to ask to send the ones you bought just send them back they will test them and confirm they are bad, and send new ones they really don't ask alot of questions.

Lol when I did the batteries were already 9 months old I think the batteries have a 1-2 year warranty.

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive