follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What driveline bushings would you replace first?

I know there is a lot of info on the replacement bushings for our cars and what they accomplish but it seems all over the place in regards to what people do first.

I'm looking for a bit more responsiveness when drifting, and just an overall more positive feel when driving.

I'm trying to figure out where to start first, the rear sub frame/the diff bushings or any other bushings..

Do i need to do them all at once? I do have some concerns about stiffening up one thing only to wear out another more prematurely. Also curious if its going to make everything to loud? I'm okay with a little more noise, but i do daily drive my car and go on 3+ hour trips quite often. I udnerstand its a game of give an take when trying to balance a car that is your DD and something you want to take to the track but just trying to find that happy inbetween.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
brillo

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I have so far installed the rear subframe, steering rack, front LCA and transmission inert from whiteline with no material NVH increase. All of these have sharpened the steering response and eliminated alot of the slop in the rear end.

This is mostly a daily driver that I also use for HPDE events so I'm sensitive to making the car too harsh. While it is a third car, I wouldn't be concerned about a road trip with the modifications.

I'm looking into installing the avoturbo world anti tramp bushing insert for the diff to further stiffen up the driveline without all the harshness of a full bushing replacement.

curious if anyone has any NVH feedback on the avoturboworld anti tramp bushing.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
JozhGoober

Drives: 2020 718 GT4, 2013 FR-S (Turbo)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The rear subframe inserts (not the full replacement bushings) and the transmission mount insert are inexpensive and relatively easy installs, and give a much improved feel with a very minor increase in noise/vibration.

The diff inserts help a little more but gave me a fair amount more noise. I did them later, I like them but I would start with the subframe and trans inserts.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the steering rack bushings are another good improvement without any real downside.
JozhGoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
brillo

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JozhGoober View Post
The rear subframe inserts (not the full replacement bushings) and the transmission mount insert are inexpensive and relatively easy installs, and give a much improved feel with a very minor increase in noise/vibration.

The diff inserts help a little more but gave me a fair amount more noise. I did them later, I like them but I would start with the subframe and trans inserts.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the steering rack bushings are another good improvement without any real downside.
which diff insert did you use?
Old 07-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
JozhGoober

Drives: 2020 718 GT4, 2013 FR-S (Turbo)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo View Post
which diff insert did you use?

The Whiteline one, KDT925: http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_..._number=KDT925
JozhGoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
mrk1

Drives: Sterling BRZ Ltd
Thanked 1,389 Times in 671 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rear subframe bushings are awesome, also the solid steering rack bushings.

GT28RS - eBoost2 - 3.91 Final Drive - Supra LSD
mrk1 is offline   Reply With Quote