follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 08-21-2023, 11:44 AM   #57
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,324 Times in 7,382 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
You completely missed the point.

Your car is literally built how you want, to class well in a different series (s). The NSX is literally built to class for the series where you are disadvantaged.

Different series different rules. That's the entire point. You're heavily disadvantaged because you are not built to the class of that series.

Likewise, that NSX won't ever be driven in other series where it's heavily disadvantaged, because it's literally built to a ruleset.
The original point wasn't really a point, Red made a comment about preferring P2W classing and I made a joke about GTA. For some reason you felt the need to give a lecture on building to your class. My car doesn't class well in other series either, OnGrid Touring allows up to 3.8l NA and 2.5l FI. SCCA TT is pretty much gone in the PNW even through the director of the TT program now lives in the area, but when it was here I rarely ran my actual class because there were usually few cars if any in it. I usually ran up a class, I ran Max3 last time in an NA car. I don't really care as long as I am not painfully slower then the other cars in the class, and SCCA and Ongrid classing the way it is, I can still be somewhat in the mix since the steps are not that steep without making any crazy changes to my car. I wish I had NASA TT in the area. There are so few events in the NW I have to compromise my setup quite a bit to be able to run with different orgs. I don't really care, I am just having fun with it.
DocWalt (08-26-2023), villainous_frx (08-22-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 01:28 PM   #58
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Sure does.

Have your AC system diagnosed.

80psi low side 125psi high side. If it wasn't dead before I just killed it
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 03:27 PM   #59
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
The original point wasn't really a point, Red made a comment about preferring P2W classing and I made a joke about GTA. For some reason you felt the need to give a lecture on building to your class. My car doesn't class well in other series either, OnGrid Touring allows up to 3.8l NA and 2.5l FI. SCCA TT is pretty much gone in the PNW even through the director of the TT program now lives in the area, but when it was here I rarely ran my actual class because there were usually few cars if any in it. I usually ran up a class, I ran Max3 last time in an NA car. I don't really care as long as I am not painfully slower then the other cars in the class, and SCCA and Ongrid classing the way it is, I can still be somewhat in the mix since the steps are not that steep without making any crazy changes to my car. I wish I had NASA TT in the area. There are so few events in the NW I have to compromise my setup quite a bit to be able to run with different orgs. I don't really care, I am just having fun with it.
Apologies; I tend to get sidetracked a bit as I'm often responding to a lot of posts all over the place, without necessarily revisiting context every response.

Your sentiment is exactly why I don't compete or race with any seriousness anymore; building to a class just isn't fun. It's more money for typically less performance.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 03:44 PM   #60
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,324 Times in 7,382 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Apologies; I tend to get sidetracked a bit as I'm often responding to a lot of posts all over the place, without necessarily revisiting context every response.

Your sentiment is exactly why I don't compete or race with any seriousness anymore; building to a class just isn't fun. It's more money for typically less performance.
No apology needed, I miss other people's points a lot trying to get my own accross. It is not something I am really trying to debate you on, I just get a little butthurt about the subject considering the state of TT/TA in the PNW. I tired getting involved for quite a while and it went nowhere. GTA does a good job of marketing to their demo and getting participants and spectators to show up.