follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 07-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #71
Vracer111

Drives: '13 Nissan Frontier (4.0L 6spd 2WD)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Nice MR2. 1st gens are very fun to drive!
That's my main reason along with the $2500 price I had pretty much zero hesitation going for it... plus I felt it was time to get my first classic vehicle... if I still owned my Hondas/Acuras they would have been classics by now. Only thing that concerns me in the future is cooling system maintenance... not going to be fun when time comes to replace it... oh well is what it is. Always wanted one of these and can say if last night was a good indicator it will be as loved as the FR-S was... before I realized it I was up way too late and needing to wash up and go to bed. Love the design of the thing and actually fit me better than the FR-S... noticeably more headroom! LOL

Will be updating majority of the interior materials .... never liked all that 80's blue plastic and carpet... Alcantara will be covering the entire dash, gauge hood, door cards, and center console, and truck bedliner will replace the carpet for flooring (keeping the carpet on the transmission tunnel and rear bulkhead. The panels need some minor repairs and fixes (mainly at the mounting hole locations) and will have to be removed for that work anyways. The passenger side of the center console (A/C and radio section) is the only area with physical damage to the plastic surface, will need to be sanded and filled before wrapping with Alcantara. Interior door releases will need to be painted as well...I guess they were chrome plated before.... just a dull grey kind of sanded plastic condition now.

Just returned the trailer this morning... man so use to having it loaded down was a shock when accelerated after being released from towing duty.... FREEEEDOM to out-accelerate stockish FR-Ss and such better ride quality with no trailer attached to it! LO.

I messed up in towing the MR2 backwards though... didn't remove the clear roof spoiler... it got removed for me once got to interstate speeds....great. More concerned about anyone that was behind me than losing an extremely hard to find piece.... not much time to think about that in conditions going rapidly to torrential downpour...
why? (07-28-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #72
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
holy fuck that's clean for $2500, any aw11 that cheap around me looks like it's been left out in a field for two years with the top off and windows down.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
why? (07-28-2020), x808drifter (07-27-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:28 AM   #73
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
holy fuck that's clean for $2500, any aw11 that cheap around me looks like it's been left out in a field for two years with the top off and windows down.

that's your bay area tax.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote