follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-15-2015, 01:26 AM   #9759
rhythmM

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited MT - White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For all the current ESC owners with the procede, where do you guys have it mounted at?

Phantom Super Charged - 2014 BRZ
rhythmM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:45 AM   #9760
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmM View Post
For all the current ESC owners with the procede, where do you guys have it mounted at?

Passenger side right next to the throttle and rpm signals that I tapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #9761
PantsDants

Drives: Scion FR-S A/T, Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I have mine sitting on the shelf behind the dash; there's a lip that will keep it from falling down. It's really close to the access hole on the side with the cover on it. I can actually reach my fingers in there and turn it to plug a USB cable in, makes changing the tune pretty easy.
PantsDants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PantsDants For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (12-15-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #9762
rhythmM

I finally finished my install. Did the ESC the first day, and PROcede the next day (ended up putting it right next to the ECM/ECU next to door).

Took it for a spin last night with just the wot switch installed. And it felt great! Can really feel the pow kick in. At one point I heard a "pop noise" in the back. Wasn't sure what it was.

Installed the procede today. Took it for another spin. Didn't really get to test it out much but I did notice the power is more consistent. Will need more time with it, but I can say now, that, I'm going to really enjoy this

Also, that "pop noise" happened again in the rear during wot. I've never heard this on my car before. Is this exhaust backfire?

Last edited by rhythmM; 12-16-2015 at 01:26 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rhythmM For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-16-2015), zc06_kisstherain (12-16-2015)
Old 12-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #9763
Gums

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Have mine attached to the back of the steel knee airbag plate with velcro, no rattles.
Gums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 PM   #9764
silent runner

Drives: 93'Camry, 82'Corolla, 76' Celica
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi guys, I have a question for Fenton, Rob, and any other of you guys with some longer term experience with running this system. I'm starting to wonder if I have'nt reached the end of my battery packs life cycle. I have noticed that the regular voltage level has dropped from 28.7-8V to 28.4-5. It also is much harder to "condition" the batteries to give a good hit of boost. Now my first hits are really weak, it takes 5-6 re-charge cycles to get any kind of a decent pull. I inheriteted the original set of batteries that Fenton tested with, and have now put two years of use into them.

What is the expected lifetime of a set of battery packs, and what sort of deterioration would indicate they are past their good performance envelope?
They are lead-acid batteries, they do have a cycle limit. Is this what I'm seeing right now? It started fairly quickly, over the last month or so.
silent runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #9765
zc06_kisstherain

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I finally finished my install. Did the ESC the first day, and PROcede the next day (ended up putting it right next to the ECM/ECU next to door).

Took it for a spin last night with just the wot switch installed. And it felt great! Can really feel the pow kick in. At one point I heard a "pop noise" in the back. Wasn't sure what it was.

Installed the procede today. Took it for another spin. Didn't really get to test it out much but I did notice the power is more consistent. Will need more time with it, but I can say now, that, I'm going to really enjoy this

Also, that "pop noise" happened again in the rear during wot. I've never heard this on my car before. Is this exhaust backfire?
I wish i can just go ahead and install!
how long did you take? seems like pretty straight forward. probably wire through sound delete hole into passenger side would take long time
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #9766
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent runner View Post
Hi guys, I have a question for Fenton, Rob, and any other of you guys with some longer term experience with running this system. I'm starting to wonder if I have'nt reached the end of my battery packs life cycle. I have noticed that the regular voltage level has dropped from 28.7-8V to 28.4-5. It also is much harder to "condition" the batteries to give a good hit of boost. Now my first hits are really weak, it takes 5-6 re-charge cycles to get any kind of a decent pull. I inheriteted the original set of batteries that Fenton tested with, and have now put two years of use into them.

What is the expected lifetime of a set of battery packs, and what sort of deterioration would indicate they are past their good performance envelope?
They are lead-acid batteries, they do have a cycle limit. Is this what I'm seeing right now? It started fairly quickly, over the last month or so.

I haven't had issues with my batteries but I noticed when it's cold it takes a lot longer to get a good hit off the batteries.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #9767
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:

Congrats

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #9768
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent runner View Post

Its winter now, the batteries cannot give the same juice when it gets cold. The catch 22 with this is although you will get less boost(psi) you will need less because the charge air will be so cold.

Thanks,
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
rhythmM (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #9769
rhythmM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
I wish i can just go ahead and install!
how long did you take? seems like pretty straight forward. probably wire through sound delete hole into passenger side would take long time
I think it's pretty straight forward. Spent half a day(daylight) installing the ESC one day and another for the PROcede. Most of the time spent was prepping, trying to retrieve a couple things that fell into the engine compartmen or got stuck, and figuring out my wiring harness for the PROcede. The actual install was easy.

I'm just glad this thread is so comprehensive. And I was able to find answers to my delemna on here using the find feature and control+F.

The Following User Says Thank You to rhythmM For This Useful Post:
zc06_kisstherain (12-16-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #9770
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Congrats indeed!.

Yes that was probably a backfire, nothing to worry about unless you notice very rich, or lean conditions in your logs (check your AFR). Make sure to log the first few days with your kit to ensure everything is healthy. If no anomalies, just enjoy them occasional backfires.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #9771
silent runner

Drives: 93'Camry, 82'Corolla, 76' Celica
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Its winter now, the batteries cannot give the same juice when it gets cold. The catch 22 with this is although you will get less boost(psi) you will need less because the charge air will be so cold.

Thanks,
Ok, I understand this, but I'm pulling out of a heated garage in the morning, In cold weather I have been used to getting the benefits of both worlds: cold air, warm batteries. I'm going to upgrade to the new higher current batteries regardless, but I'm getting the distinct impression that after a couple of years of running time, there just is not the same speed being spun-up by the compressor. I could hear the (high pitched) sound of a turbo spooling at lower speeds before, and it just never gets to that range now. Two years plus, is not bad for beating up a set of lead acid batteries, so I'm not disappointed or concerned, but I am wondering. The car has 360K Km. on it now, but it hasn't shown any signs of burning oil, or getting weaker off of boost.
silent runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:20 PM   #9772
Gums

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
probably wire through sound delete hole into passenger side would take long time
Use a length of cable (or similar) tape the plug/wires to one end and carefully feed it through.
Gums is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gums For This Useful Post:
zc06_kisstherain (12-16-2015)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive