follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #57
groovymoonbear

Drives: ‘22 CWP BRZ LTD 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone found what could be causing the buzzing above 4000 RPM? Wonder if the fake sound speaker is making some piece in the dash rattle as it gets louder? Maybe if anyone has unplugged that and noticed a difference it could give us some info
groovymoonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:33 PM   #58
beat1

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I have no weird noise above 4k rpm, the fake engine sound is coded out.
beat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:36 PM   #59
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovymoonbear View Post
Anyone found what could be causing the buzzing above 4000 RPM? Wonder if the fake sound speaker is making some piece in the dash rattle as it gets louder? Maybe if anyone has unplugged that and noticed a difference it could give us some info
I don't know what noise you mean. You could unplug your engine noisemaker and see if you still hear it. It takes less than a minute to do so. I no longer have that speaker.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:52 PM   #60
groovymoonbear

Drives: ‘22 CWP BRZ LTD 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
I don't know what noise you mean. You could unplug your engine noisemaker and see if you still hear it. It takes less than a minute to do so. I no longer have that speaker.
I kinda like it, and I don’t plan on playing with the exhaust so I’d like some noise.

It’s a buzzing a few others noted, only present above 4k RPM and it sounds like it’s coming from behind the right hand side of the dash almost immediately to the right of the display. It’s a subtle buzzing that isn’t otherwise present. It’ll be there about 70% of the time.
groovymoonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #61
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
It could be 'depreciation', it makes all kinds of noises... I recall when I got my car, I was hearing all sorts of stuff, and then discovered a less restrictive exhaust pipe with a UEL...
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
bcj (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 02:38 PM   #62
joemysterio

Drives: Mini
Quote:
I kinda like it, and I don’t plan on playing with the exhaust so I’d like some noise.

It’s a buzzing a few others noted, only present above 4k RPM and it sounds like it’s coming from behind the right hand side of the dash almost immediately to the right of the display. It’s a subtle buzzing that isn’t otherwise present. It’ll be there about 70% of the time.
Someone correct me if i am wrong but i believe that's around where the actual speaker is located at.
joemysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #63
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemysterio View Post
Someone correct me if i am wrong but i believe that's around where the actual speaker is located at.
The speaker is right behind the HVAC controls.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:47 PM   #64
dannmadness

Drives: 2022 BRZ Ignition Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat1 View Post
Does anyone hear a very subtle rattling/grinding like sound on deceleration in 2nd gear when coming to a stop, it does it also in 3rd but much more noticeable in 2nd? I know this engine isnt particularly the greatest sounding and we can hear a lot of parts working, but I can't remember my gen1 doing this.

Not sure if it come from the trans which would make more sense considering the difference between gears. Cars drives just fine so I don't feel taking a appointment at the dealer yet. Could just be gear chatter/ flywheel chatter, who knows.
I've experienced it downshifting 3rd to 2nd. Usually around 25mph. I thought I ran over some rocks or something but then I was able to replicate the sound several times.
dannmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:59 PM   #65
Midnightsky

Drives: 2022 BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannmadness View Post
I've experienced it downshifting 3rd to 2nd. Usually around 25mph. I thought I ran over some rocks or something but then I was able to replicate the sound several times.
Easiest way to test that is to unplug the sound control unit on the end cap of the dash. Drive it for a few days and try to replicate the sound. If someone who has it already disconnected can replicate the noise then we know it's not the speaker.
Midnightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #66
track junkie

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by beat1 View Post
Does anyone hear a very subtle rattling/grinding like sound on deceleration in 2nd gear when coming to a stop, it does it also in 3rd but much more noticeable in 2nd? I know this engine isnt particularly the greatest sounding and we can hear a lot of parts working, but I can't remember my gen1 doing this.

Not sure if it come from the trans which would make more sense considering the difference between gears. Cars drives just fine so I don't feel taking a appointment at the dealer yet. Could just be gear chatter/ flywheel chatter, who knows.
Possibly a loose heat shield.
track junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 01:44 AM   #67
diga

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Is anyone experiencing the 'crickets' sound after fully warmed up at idle? It started happening in my 2022 BRZ Limited 6MT at around 500 miles. I'm in SoCal so 91 octane max, I've tried all major brands of gas including Shell and Costco.
diga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #68
emce

Drives: 22 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diga View Post
Is anyone experiencing the 'crickets' sound after fully warmed up at idle? It started happening in my 2022 BRZ Limited 6MT at around 500 miles. I'm in SoCal so 91 octane max, I've tried all major brands of gas including Shell and Costco.

Not sure if it's the same sound, but I get what I'd call a higher pitched "whoop whoop whoop" sound. It almost sounds like the Jetson's car or something. Seems to be rev dependent, and interestingly only seems to happen when it's really cold outside (regardless of engine temp, with or without HVAC on). I can hear this more clearly inside the car rather than outside.

If it's not the same sound, especially if yours is more audible with the hood raised, it might just be the high pressure fuel pump. I think that's pretty common from what I've been reading.
emce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:00 AM   #69
Kado

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Is it coming from overhead? Press on the headliner to see if it goes away. If thats it, its your map light console. The clips probably need to be replaced or engaged better.
Kado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:43 AM   #70
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
My new frustration is i located the seat squeak. It's the connection for the seat belt buckle. Depending on how I sit, it's just squeak city.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote