follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #967
Lunatic
Senior Member
 
Lunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 2015 Raven FRS
Location: Indio, CA. Just an Old Fart in a Automatic!.
Posts: 1,614
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1,050 Times in 488 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro22 View Post
I thought the issues were resolved with clamping down the evap solenoid? Is there a different problem or same symptoms?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Yes I did too. But the car is still giving fault codes and running rough below 1500 rpm. I sent new data logs to Zach at Delicious and he aid there are still vacuum leaks.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #968
86fun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 FRS
Location: California
Posts: 170
Thanks: 18
Thanked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Yes I did too. But the car is still giving fault codes and running rough below 1500 rpm. I sent new data logs to Zach at Delicious and he aid there are still vacuum leaks.


My car did not have that problem exactly, but it did have low RPM issues. We changed the cam timing back to stock and most of the problems went away. Just a shot in the dark but maybe you guys could try it, it worked well on my car.... now I'm just hunting down a few more minor hesitation/smoothness issues...
86fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #969
Lunatic
Senior Member
 
Lunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 2015 Raven FRS
Location: Indio, CA. Just an Old Fart in a Automatic!.
Posts: 1,614
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1,050 Times in 488 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fun View Post
My car did not have that problem exactly, but it did have low RPM issues. We changed the cam timing back to stock and most of the problems went away. Just a shot in the dark but maybe you guys could try it, it worked well on my car.... now I'm just hunting down a few more minor hesitation/smoothness issues...
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass this on to Zach Monday.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:10 PM   #970
86fun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2013 FRS
Location: California
Posts: 170
Thanks: 18
Thanked 69 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pass this on to Zach Monday.


Not sure if you saw my experience with the messed up manifold gasket earlier in the thread, but I did a low pressure smoke test which did not reveal the damage. I had to take it off to find it. I only mention it because it is much more common to have the issue you have with an air leak. Is your idle stable? Does it cycle RPMs up and down a bit at idle? Are the fuel trims at idle making significant adjustments? These could all be about an air leak. I can't see how it would hurt to go back to stock cam timing just to test though. The cam timing issue had us all fooled into thinking it was an air leak on my install, as you can read in the previous posts... Good Luck!!!
86fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:08 AM   #971
Lunatic
Senior Member
 
Lunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 2015 Raven FRS
Location: Indio, CA. Just an Old Fart in a Automatic!.
Posts: 1,614
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1,050 Times in 488 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86fun View Post
Not sure if you saw my experience with the messed up manifold gasket earlier in the thread, but I did a low pressure smoke test which did not reveal the damage. I had to take it off to find it. I only mention it because it is much more common to have the issue you have with an air leak. Is your idle stable? Does it cycle RPMs up and down a bit at idle? Are the fuel trims at idle making significant adjustments? These could all be about an air leak. I can't see how it would hurt to go back to stock cam timing just to test though. The cam timing issue had us all fooled into thinking it was an air leak on my install, as you can read in the previous posts... Good Luck!!!
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes my rpm's cycle up and sown, with the air conditioning on in park they cycle from 500 to 1500 rpm's. I'm going to pass your suggestion on to Zach at Delicious tuning who did my tune.

Pulling the supercharger and checking the gaskets will probably be next.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #972
Paulo86
Senior Member
 
Paulo86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Drives: Toyota GT86 euro version
Location: France
Posts: 102
Thanks: 47
Thanked 79 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I order a special tune from Delicious for 98ron (europe), flash my car, went to dyno and had perfect curve. I drive it everyday and everything is perfect. No low rpm probs or anything else. For me the tune from Delicious is delicious at 100%.
Paulo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulo86 For This Useful Post:
Freeman (03-13-2016), itsibarra (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 07:20 PM   #973
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep
 
Luftwaffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 604
Thanks: 281
Thanked 454 Times in 236 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Ohi. Any lessons learned from install? Extra things not listed, what not to do, etc. Other than destroying my manifold gasket.

Planning on doing teardown on Wednesday night while I wait for the box to arrive, then buildup all day Thursday!
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #974
Nitro22
Senior Member
 
Nitro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Location: Walnut, California
Posts: 280
Thanks: 191
Thanked 187 Times in 81 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Edelbrock E-force Owner's thread and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
Ohi. Any lessons learned from install? Extra things not listed, what not to do, etc. Other than destroying my manifold gasket.

Planning on doing teardown on Wednesday night while I wait for the box to arrive, then buildup all day Thursday!
  1. Read the entire Instruction Manual Before Starting
  2. Obtain a Subaru style Fuel Line Removal tool (generic ones may not work)
  3. Obtain Lisle 24680 Spill-Free Funnel
  4. Obtain some silicone grease for rubber seals
  5. Invest in a good hose clamp pliers or needle nose vise grips for hose clamps
  6. Use a hose clamp on every "push on" hose connection

Last edited by Nitro22; 03-15-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nitro22 For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (03-15-2016), CSG Mike (03-14-2016), Fever (03-16-2016), paiceyfan (03-15-2016), Uplink (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #975
Luftwaffel
Boost Creep
 
Luftwaffel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 604
Thanks: 281
Thanked 454 Times in 236 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
What do you mean Subaru style? I've seen the longer ones but the actual popper piece is shaped exactly the same as the cheap ones you can buy off the shelf at Autozone. They just look like they may have a bit more leverage. Are the hose clamps included or should I stock up?
Luftwaffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:27 PM   #976
Nitro22
Senior Member
 
Nitro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Location: Walnut, California
Posts: 280
Thanks: 191
Thanked 187 Times in 81 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
What do you mean Subaru style? I've seen the longer ones but the actual popper piece is shaped exactly the same as the cheap ones you can buy off the shelf at Autozone. They just look like they may have a bit more leverage. Are the hose clamps included or should I stock up?
A lot of generic fuel line tools cannot go deep enough to release the line. Company23 sells a good one. All of the hose clamps are provided in the kit.

Last edited by Nitro22; 03-15-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:12 PM   #977
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 13,809
Thanks: 8,617
Thanked 13,317 Times in 6,443 Posts
Mentioned: 932 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro22 View Post
A lot of generic fuel line tools cannot go deep enough to release the line. Company23 sells a good one. All of the hose clamps are provided in the kit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've not yet seen that happen, but you do have to press them in ALL the way.

Fuel line tools are universal, but the nice metal 2-piece ones are much easier.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Nitro22 (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #978
Nitro22
Senior Member
 
Nitro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S (Hot Lava)
Location: Walnut, California
Posts: 280
Thanks: 191
Thanked 187 Times in 81 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Edelbrock E-force Owner's thread and FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
I've not yet seen that happen, but you do have to press them in ALL the way.



Fuel line tools are universal, but the nice metal 2-piece ones are much easier.

Yeah, I tried a couple of universal brands from my local auto parts store with no success. I finally caved in and bought the Subaru specific removal tool and it released with ease.

http://www.company23.com/subarutools/545




Last edited by Nitro22; 03-15-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Nitro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nitro22 For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:13 PM   #979
Sargy
Long Distance Driver
 
Sargy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 779
Thanks: 565
Thanked 312 Times in 207 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro22 View Post
Yeah, I tried a couple of universal brands from my local auto parts store with no success. I finally caved in and bought the Subaru specific removal tool and it released with ease.

http://www.company23.com/subarutools/545
2 zip ties cut down to the hard bits have worked wonders. no damage done to the clips


-Using the 2 zip ties, find the two tabs (180degrees apart) on the inside of yellow/green quick connector, and push the flat part of the zip ties in to raise the tabs.
-Pull the hose + quick connector out (yellow/green slides out with it)



__________________
Sargy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sargy For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (03-15-2016), Luftwaffel (03-15-2016), Nitro22 (03-14-2016), Uplink (03-15-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 10:47 PM   #980
Freude am Fahren
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: '13 DGM BRZ Limited/'14 Yamaha R6
Location: SoFlo
Posts: 333
Thanks: 46
Thanked 96 Times in 64 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
__________________

-XXR 527 18x8.75 +35
-Nameless 2.5" OP/FP Combo (Coming soon) & Axleback
-SBD 500X (Waiting on coating to install)
-Southbend SBD500X Clutch
Freude am Fahren is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freude am Fahren For This Useful Post:
Freeman (03-15-2016), Uplink (03-15-2016)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vortech Owner Thread & Setup Questions reyruiz191 Forced Induction 339 09-11-2021 08:57 PM
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger itsibarra Forced Induction 938 07-31-2021 04:48 PM
Most annoyingly over-asked questions on FT86 forums mit_peid Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 36 01-16-2014 02:48 PM
Brz Info/Specs (helpful info for questions asked often) Gaen BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 0 05-24-2012 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.