follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Fakk

Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Brian's 2013 CBS BRZ Limited - needs moneys

Beware, slightly picture heavy!

Hello, I'm Brian, and this is my build thread. It's mostly for me, to keep an idea in my head about dates and stuff. I'm 23, live in Northwest Florida.

I traded a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT that I bought brand new for my fancy new(to me) 2013 BRZ Limited with about 12.9k on the clock in Spruce Pine, NC. I think the date was 14 May. Black wasn't my first choice, but neither was any other color really. I just wanted the car. I spent a good 6 months deployed building a spreadsheet and researching parts and modifications and prices, reading every new post here every single day, only to forget to e-mail myself the spreadsheet. Fortunately I still know what I want

Currently as of 23 June, some stuff that's ordered/backordered/on the way:
-Gram Lights 57Xtreme 18x9.5 +40 Matte Graphite.. Estimated arrival July/August.
-Dashlinq4 Android head unit, hopefully shipping this week. Not a fan of the stock BRZ Limited Nav unit.
-Second Skin Audio Door Kit, should be here in a couple days. Read a lot of posts about people getting rid of some road/tire/air noise through the doors and improving the music quality. Sounds good to me!

The car came with Tom's tails which was pretty nice, and I tinted the windows to the FL legal limit, 28% sides, 15% back.

Plans:
-Depending on how much better the sound quality gets with the door sound deadening and the head unit, I may be investing in the OEM Audio+ Reference 400CF kit. Everyone I've seen who has it has loved it, and good sound quality with a little boom in the back is high on my list of things I need.
-Once the wheels come in, slapping on some Hankook tires and lowering with the ST coilovers 1-1.5 inches or so. Haven't decided on how low I want to go. Still want to be functional.
-BOOST! I've had my eyes on the PTuning kit, just a matter of saving up enough money for the kit and all supporting mods while having enough emergency funds afterwards.
-Upgraded brakes, possibly a big break kit, depending on how I feel the stock brakes can put up with the new found boost.

Most if not all of my pictures are taken by my Galaxy s5, please excuse the quality!

14 May at the dealer, creepin on me..

Long drive back to the parents house in NC, first time driving a manual car more than a few miles. Got to take some sweet mountains roads too.

Excuse the blur..

15 May, WASH TIME! Waxed after these pictures were taken. The paint looks great for being 2 years old, aside from some swirlys and rock chips on the sides

18/19 May, DRL Always-On Module from DiodeDynamics arrived, as well as my interior LED conversion kit, along with LED fogs, as one was out. Installed the next day. Didn't take many pictures..

21 May, Weathertech Floormats arrived, front and back.

22 May, met up with some other local car guys for a cruise to Pensacola to get some noodles. Was fun!
Everyone was late... My buddy popping a squat behind his '13 Gencoupe.

Everyone finally arrived.

Needs more lower..

Because r32

Yum!

No speeding(not too much anyway), no racing, no hooning, just cruising. We don't like trouble.

Finally made it, downtown Pensacola. Sweet parking.

26 May, ST Coilovers and Invidia Q300 Catback arrived from FT86Speedfactory. UPS truck! Creepin in the back.

28 May, my car stuff corner is getting busy.. No pics of the catback installed. Not sure why. Too busy enjoying the slightly louder noises. ST coilvers not installed yet.

1 June, Grimmspeed hood struts and clear sidemarkers came in. Also got some Amber bulbs from DiodeDynamics.

Lucy likes car parts.

2 June, shot from my window, getting some rain, still dealer tag.. They took forever!

5 June, a '15 Stang parked next to me at work. Good opportunity for a picture, I thought.

6 June, hood struts installed, and some nice water beading.

11 June, Perrin inlet tube/sound tube delete came in and installed, this thing REALLY cleared up some space in the bay, and there was a noticeable difference in volume at WOT. Easy install. Also, check out the clean ass engine bay! Not sure what I want to do to make it less cluttered.

14 June, friend's house for some car maintenance, another friend's Eclipse GSX needed some wiring done on some gauges, and some general upkeep and wiring fixes. Taken from behind the Gencoupe.

18/19 June, Invidia catless non-resonated frontpipe finally came in from FT86SpeedFactory, they were on backorder for a while. I didn't take any pictures, but my buddy took these, before/after.

21 June, Lucy checking out the other cat, heh.. Somewhere in there, a K&N drop-in was installed. Also some stuff for a Ca-Fi Dashlinq4 Android head unit laying around. Ordered forever ago, still waiting for them to send out the last batch. Sweet RC Supra. SOOO slow though.

23 June, around 14.3k miles. Took her to the local Subaru dealer for the 15k mile service. Got some stuff coming up where I may not have time to get anything done. Figured I may as well have them do the quick inspection and the rest of the recommended service from the dealer one last time.

May post more later, I think this is enough for now. Thanks for checking out the thread. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply, I am very open to criticism and welcome any knowledge I can take in.

Last edited by Fakk; 06-24-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Fakk is offline   Reply With Quote