follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #57
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Dead criminals don't recidivate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman View Post
Actually, it wouldn't. But you would find the rates of accidental shootings going up!
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #58
redwing634

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Firestorm)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
This may have already been answered, but what was your response when you found your car like this? Did you call the police, file an insurance claim, or what?

I ask because I haven't had a vehicle broken into and honestly wouldn't know what to do if it happened.
redwing634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #59
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I feel the pain; my car got egged while I was standing next to it.

Probably why they only threw one. Chipped the paint on my rear bumper nicely.

Fortunately I cleaned up the egg immediately.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #60
Ravenlokk

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro530 View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting a dash cam more and more every day.
IMO Dashcam will make your care way more likely to get broken into... They'll steal the dashcam, along with the evidence :P.
Ravenlokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #61
_F-R-S_
Banned

Drives: 13 whiteout scion frs
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade01 View Post
Leaving doors unlocked doesn't always mean the glass is safe. I had the drivers side window smashed and just a sun stolen, but all the doors on the car I had at the time were unlocked :/ Some people won't take the time to check, they assume it well be locked. The window cost me more to replace than the sub.
Less evidence
_F-R-S_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #62
Cade01

Drives: '13 White FR-S, 09 Triumph St.3 R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _F-R-S_ View Post
Less evidence
They still opened the door and the hatch....
Cade01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #63
BANGER
mad tyte jdm y0

Drives: 2010 Civic FA1
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BANGER
Obligatory post:

Worst thing done to me was a couple of beer cans and bottles left all over around my car. I was doing some midnight cramming and got to the campus lot at midnight and my car was sticking out.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #64
dareo

Drives: 1987 MR2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Around here thieves will see you go in a theater, then break in. They get your address off papers in the glove box and rob your house. On top of $7 popcorn you might find your car AND home broken into by the time the credits roll.

Makes me love my blue ray player. I can pause it, have my gun, and the cars are in the garage.
dareo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:27 AM   #65
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
this is "dead nuts" accurate! ya can't be in "denial"
do what it takes to protect your stuff,and your life!
consider this if you will,if the "crapbags" will "shoot"
cops without blinking an eye,what makes you believe you are safe?
just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:02 PM   #66
Christina_Marie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing634 View Post
This may have already been answered, but what was your response when you found your car like this? Did you call the police, file an insurance claim, or what?

I ask because I haven't had a vehicle broken into and honestly wouldn't know what to do if it happened.
This was the first time I've ever had a vehicle broken into as well. I was obviously in a rage when I went out to the car and found out, lol. They broke into another guys BMW that was parked behind mine as well, so he had already called the police and they were already on the way by the time I got to my car.

And yeah, filed an insurance claim next morning - thankfully glass in MA is covered for free. Just took a little time to actually get it fixed as they had to order the window from the dealership as it is a new car. Everything is all fixed and good to go again thankfully ! Safelite did an awesome job with the repair. Highly recommended if this ever (hopefully not!) happens to anyone else.
Christina_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #67
redwing634

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Firestorm)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina_Marie View Post
This was the first time I've ever had a vehicle broken into as well. I was obviously in a rage when I went out to the car and found out, lol. They broke into another guys BMW that was parked behind mine as well, so he had already called the police and they were already on the way by the time I got to my car.

And yeah, filed an insurance claim next morning - thankfully glass in MA is covered for free. Just took a little time to actually get it fixed as they had to order the window from the dealership as it is a new car. Everything is all fixed and good to go again thankfully ! Safelite did an awesome job with the repair. Highly recommended if this ever (hopefully not!) happens to anyone else.
Thanks for the reply, good to know!

Did you just drive around with no window until the window came in, or did you utilize a rental?
redwing634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #68
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina_Marie View Post

Safelite took care of mine as well. Very professional service. Glad you're all mended too.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:
Christina_Marie (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #69
Christina_Marie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing634 View Post
Thanks for the reply, good to know!

Did you just drive around with no window until the window came in, or did you utilize a rental?
No problem !

Toyota wouldnt give me a rental for this because it was vandalism, nothing covered under warranty for that. I could have paid daily for a rental if I wanted but didn't feel like dishing out the funds daily to do so, call me cheap - oh well. Haha.

But yes I did end up driving it around until the window came in (she is still so new I could not, NOT drive her ! plus this is my one and only daily driver, I had no option lol)

So instead of opting for the hideous "trash bag" look over the window, went to Home Depot, bought a piece of plexi glass, a glass cutter, some electrical tape to keep it in place and fit the piece of plexi glass in where the window was (anddd some Goo-gone to remove the adhesive from the tape once I removed the plexi glass window). Worked out damn well I must say, and didnt look half bad ! Only downside - getting in and out of your car thru the passenger seat, but I am only 5'4 sooo .. wasnt a huge issue for me, unless attempting to get out of your car anywhere there are a ton of people around - then you look like an ass, but hey - it worked until the window came in ! and I would just get out and say "shes RHD" LOL.
Christina_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote