follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Really bad experience Johnny's Motorsports, Laval QC

I would like to relate my experience with this company and specifically John Vourakis, the owner. He has tthreatened a defamation suit but since I have all communication with him via text I am confident I am providing a 100% true account of our dealings.

Beginning of June I seized my HKS supercharger by reversing the oil line.
HKS master distributor recommended only one shop, in Montreal. The gentleman in MTL texted me JM's number as apparently his friend had a supercharger serviced there recently.

On 06/17 I called JM and he asked me to text him HKS rebuild part #s and if he can fix it, and use generic parts/bearings maybe $700 for the job or if machining required high maybe up to $1000. He texted me his address/Facebook page. I asked if he could confirm if he can get the HKS parts, he couldn't, but since he was going to be away 1 Aug for 3 weeks I pretty much had to send it without delay or risk a very long turnaround.

06/18 sent him pics and at his request attached the pulley as he said he needed it. I offered to open the case for pics but he said don't (4 bolts I think).

I Fedexed itto him Fri 06/19,

06/22he confirmed receipt that Mon but hes closed Monday, said he'd open the next day. That day was a QC holiday,, promised as soon as he got in next day (06/24) he'll open it.

06/25-By text still, next day his response is, "This is a busy shop". I reminded the car is dead on the driveway, his reply, "no prob", and to text him my address in case he loses the return slip.

06/29- tested him again reminded him I am waiting with a dead car. His response, OK Ill send it back to you. (??????????)

I then requested a timeline when he‘ll assess it.. I reminded him I'm losing time getting a replacement if he delays looking and it turns out to be pooched. I also told him I'm very active on the forums and will provide referrals. Then he agrees and asked for the link,

06/30- he texted me pics at 4 PM. He only opened the impeller casing (4 bolts?) but says hes 3 hours into it ?! Asked if he should price bearings etc and it could be $1000 ish. Says he broke a tight bolt on the impeller shaft. I said please price bearings. He also asks how much it its new. I told him around $2500 US if I pick up stateside. Says he makes $400 to fix but maybe he can just get me a new one and just make $200 on it. I said whatever is the better if he gets wholesale.

07/01- disassembled the rest texted me pics and a list of parts from a retail website. Its about $2759 plus bearings not yet included. And he says I owe him $300 for the disassembly.

At this point I question does every internal part have damage? Didn't look like it. Also please stop calling me bud, I'm in my 50's.

I'm irritated that he over promised when he'd look at it and didn't even look until I mentioned my profile on car forums. I also am not shocked at the quote as the vibe was very not caring after he had the blower which I urgently sent to get in before his vacation.
HE ALSO NEVER INFORMED ME $300 JUST TO OPEN THE CASING.
So, now I am upset and wonder if he might have just hoped to keep the blower as I am in a different city. I tried to let him know I am no dummy, don't accept bad service or disrespect and I do have a voice. Also he didn't ever discuss a fee just to look. What business doesn't explain fees beforehand?

Anyway I asked for it back. He got really really rude and texted me his ad on eBay with it for sale. Says he'll send a collection agency, sue for defamation etc. Ridiculing me that I have some influence, I work for a wealthy family, have contacts in QC. All stuff I mentioned to remind him I'm not a kid, pushover, fool, whatever.

There are texts of all our correspondence.

I intend to contact Consumer Protection QC. I have everything in text messages.

You form your own judgements, I am stating facts as I read thru the text messages.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 07-10-2015 at 10:42 AM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
drewbot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S A/T
Thanked 1,452 Times in 752 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
OP that truly sucks, luckily you have another car to drive while you get this sorted out

Curious why didn't you go to someone more local? There should be a handful of rebuilders here, contrary to HKS USA/JP's knowledge
drewbot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drewbot For This Useful Post:
wbradley (07-01-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
I contacted several reputable shops, no-one could give me a name except for turbos.
I do have a daily driver
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
God damn, that's brutal! I don't think anyone with half a brain would stand for being treated that way.

Time to sell another pinball machine? haha
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
God damn, that's brutal! I don't think anyone with half a brain would stand for being treated that way.

Time to sell another pinball machine? haha
Or line of credit.

I bet if he has any mechanical aptitude and tools, it was opened on the bench in a lot less than 3 hours. Pictures took more time.

I have never refused payment for service in my life but this guy is rude, uncaring and probably has no idea about a service business. Hes still sending me angry texts after I told him no more communication unless it is for resolution. If I was him Id just send me back the disassembled unit collect courier. If these things take so long to open, state a fee up front to assess regardless if repairable. Let me decide if its worth it. Don't send pics with 4 bolts removed and say you're in 3 hours so far.

And do what you said you would when you said you would. Story changed completely once he received the blower.

Funny I have had great luck sending out circuit boards and gear boxes and other stuff for repair in my pinball hobby. But all these people have extensive reputations. I don't know Johnny from shit.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:48 PM   #6
pushrod
Benched 86lb

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
TL;DR please
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #7
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
TL;DR please
Move on. Word of mouth is everything. Don't be rude.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Bergen23 (07-01-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 11:42 PM   #8
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
TL;DR please
He sent a part out for service. Shop servicing part dilly-dallied. Shop open blower, said it was fucked and wanted 300 bucks for 10 minutes of work, without mention of any charge for opening the blower. @wbradley wants his blower back, or serviced as agreed upon. Seller posted blower on ebay, and used mafia connections to threaten wbradley. wbradley ain't havin' none of that shit and will see justice served.

Now that I've read this over, it may be best to just try and buy another blower and chock this one up to a shitty lesson learned...
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
wbradley (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #9
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
3 hours to open it up is ridiculous. I could believe that if he had to remove it from the car, blindfolded, but not with it already loose.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #10
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
BTW nobody mentioned mafia connections. I mentioned I have extensive business connections, to deter him from what I sensed he was aiming to do.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #11
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
3 hours to open it up is ridiculous. I could believe that if he had to remove it from the car, blindfolded, but not with it already loose.
3 hours just to open the impeller side of the case only which I am sure consists of 6 Alllen bolts and possibly 1 gasket.

Last edited by wbradley; 07-04-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #12
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Update:
Sent notification of dispute to Consumer Protection QC. Politely informed Johnny by text of this. Offered Johnny $100 handling to return disassembled unit collect courier, only after the file is opened to avoid further dispute.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Bergen23 (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #13
BRZ'13

Drives: subaru
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You should submit a BBB claim. They are amazing at resolving these sort of issues
BRZ'13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #14
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ'13 View Post
You should submit a BBB claim. They are amazing at resolving these sort of issues
Tried. No BBB in MTL.